Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 17-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default 22-4 worlds car??

Just been thinking, with the coming worlds looking like they could be held on astro it could be interesting what the TLR team do in 4wd, The 22-4 is renowned for being quite a handful on high grip,Combined with the US drivers inexperience of astro I think the just announced decision on worlds surface could send the TLR designers into a frenzy to create a new worlds 22-4, maybe good news for us uk drivers…Just a though, or they may do what I would do with my 22-4 looking at an astro astro track like that on a warm grippy day, go home!

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 17-12-2014

iv had nothing but good results with the 4wd on Astro. Few mods and go for 2 row studs or cut staggers and the cars awsome. If tlr are going to do anything. Its look at the 2wd class. They are going to be at a disadvantage with the kf's out there etc. Also now with the new yokomo. The 4wd isn't going to be the issue at all
Moody fools
Richpaint
Gmcc
Old 23-12-2014

What other mods are u guys running over there? Running on carpet myself and so far been running cut stagg on fr and shocks in front. Car is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
iv had nothing but good results with the 4wd on Astro. Few mods and go for 2 row studs or cut staggers and the cars awsome. If tlr are going to do anything. Its look at the 2wd class. They are going to be at a disadvantage with the kf's out there etc. Also now with the new yokomo. The 4wd isn't going to be the issue at all
Old 28-12-2014

Same for me, few mods and a bit of messing about with the basic setup changes and my 22-4 is awesome on Carpet. Its only my driving skills holding me back as I've only just returned back to racing after 14 years away. I only bought one as I finished racing last time round with a XX4 and loved the feel of it. The 22-4 has not disappointed....initially in stock form it was sluggish but planted.....after a few mods it now turns in on a sixpence and is still utterly planted!
Old 29-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskyshooter View Post
What other mods are u guys running over there? Running on carpet myself and so far been running cut stagg on fr and shocks in front. Car is great
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBash View Post
Same for me, few mods and a bit of messing about with the basic setup changes and my 22-4 is awesome on Carpet. Its only my driving skills holding me back as I've only just returned back to racing after 14 years away. I only bought one as I finished racing last time round with a XX4 and loved the feel of it. The 22-4 has not disappointed....initially in stock form it was sluggish but planted.....after a few mods it now turns in on a sixpence and is still utterly planted!
Why don't you ppl opload your setups so other ppl can have a blast on carpet too and get the 22-4 setup thread rolling

Personaly ill love to have some good carpet setups to worke from ;-)

Last edited by dMITIj; 01-01-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-01-2015

It's a good question re the TLR 22 as many cars now are adopting the mid-motor setup. i.e. Team C TM2, KF like you said, Rudebits DB2/DB1.

Though that said, plenty of people are still getting good results with the older rear motor cars.

It also seems to be a common platform to have a shorty on one side of the car and the speedo on the other for better balance and reduced weight. Both 2wd and 4wd cars are doing this i.e. DB2, TM2, ZX6, 22-4 (mod) etc.

I have found (personally) for the 22-4 to perform, you have to run 2wd fronts in dry conditions otherwise the car is un-drivable indoors or out. With exceptions when the track is slippery/wet.

Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher View Post