Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 22-12-2013

Default Losing signal

Hi all

After a long rest from 10th off road made a return BUT again I'm plagued with electrical problems, hope you can help.

Bought a 2nd hand bmax2 but everything else was brand new, went for SP Reventon Pro combo, Frsky Rx used with my existing Futaba 3VCS, hobbyking shorties and a spare Savox 1268 I had from a nitro car.

All was well until I had a sensor problem with the SP ESC, it's now with Schumacher.

Got a lend of a NIB Nosram at me next outing, thought everything was sorted. Esc installed but then the Frsky Rx lost its signal, borrowed another Frsky Rx which seemed ok but lost signal again right at the end of the heat. Charged Tx as that was low then swapped to my original Frsky Rx but the same thing happened again.

Bought another Frsky Rx and a hobbyking 120a ESC. Installed everything today but still have issues with the Rx losing signal.

But after a bit of testing the Frsky Rx powered by a 6v Rx battery and only the servo connected retains its signal, as soon as I connect it via the ESC for power it looses binds after a couple of seconds.

I've tried the different modes on the 3vcs only binds on PPM & HRS.

I don't think it will be an issue with the hobbyking or the Nosram ESC.

I don't think it's a issue with the servo as it worked okay with the Speed Passion ESC.

I'm a bit list at the mo as everyone raves about these Frsky rx's.

Help, any advise welcome...

Nemo Racing
Yokomo Yz-2.
Yokomo Yx-4sf
Sanwa

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158845
Old 22-12-2013

just about all frsky rx's will operate on a 2s as will that servo, try bypassing the speed controller bec and powering straight from battery. remove +v lead from esc to rx and connect power to rx from battery. just check the spec of your rx first.

Alternatively you could try putting one of these in

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arch=capacitor

sounds like your voltage isn't stable.

It might be the servo, presuming rx battery is nimh it will give more current then esc bec.
Old 22-12-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StwBald View Post
Hi all

After a long rest from 10th off road made a return BUT again I'm plagued with electrical problems, hope you can help.

Bought a 2nd hand bmax2 but everything else was brand new, went for SP Reventon Pro combo, Frsky Rx used with my existing Futaba 3VCS, hobbyking shorties and a spare Savox 1268 I had from a nitro car.

All was well until I had a sensor problem with the SP ESC, it's now with Schumacher.

Got a lend of a NIB Nosram at me next outing, thought everything was sorted. Esc installed but then the Frsky Rx lost its signal, borrowed another Frsky Rx which seemed ok but lost signal again right at the end of the heat. Charged Tx as that was low then swapped to my original Frsky Rx but the same thing happened again.

Bought another Frsky Rx and a hobbyking 120a ESC. Installed everything today but still have issues with the Rx losing signal.

But after a bit of testing the Frsky Rx powered by a 6v Rx battery and only the servo connected retains its signal, as soon as I connect it via the ESC for power it looses binds after a couple of seconds.

I've tried the different modes on the 3vcs only binds on PPM & HRS.

I don't think it will be an issue with the hobbyking or the Nosram ESC.

I don't think it's a issue with the servo as it worked okay with the Speed Passion ESC.

I'm a bit list at the mo as everyone raves about these Frsky rx's.

Help, any advise welcome...
Alright Stew.....Ive got a spare futaba R603ff/fs receiver you can borrow and see if that helps ???

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/
Old 22-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter24 View Post
Alright Stew.....Ive got a spare futaba R603ff/fs receiver you can borrow and see if that helps ???
Hi Dex

Cheers but I've got two, just tried the original Futaba Rx and it seems to retain the signal, soon find out tonight, thought I'd try them Frsky Rx's as they are quite a bit cheaper and smaller.

Cannot understand it tbh.

Nemo Racing
Yokomo Yz-2.
Yokomo Yx-4sf
Sanwa

Old 22-12-2013

Put a cap on the receiver(as in post 2), Savox are renown for using a lot of power which starves the receiver, spektrum recievers have this problem with savox servos aswell
~Schumacher KF2~
~Schumacher Atom~
~BSR Basher-RallyX~
~Ascociated RC8.2e RallyX~
~TeamC T8EV3 RallyX~
phat bodies
worm-racing
http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk
Old 22-12-2013

Hey Stu

If you are down tonight I will let you try the Greg's old 3VC & the receiver I used the other week when I borrowed Natalie's car (had no problems at all) then that will potentially rule out or highlight any transmitter or receiver issues. If it still occurs you can try Greg's Sanwa handset & receiver from his 2wd car as he is running 4wd tonight. As long as you are in 2wd we can set up another model on the transmitter & you can use that. Either way hopefully it will solve a problem or highlight another which we can eliminate.
Also we can use Greg's 2wd speedo, servo etc one at a time with your gear to sort the problem by process of elimination
Old 22-12-2013
Mad Member

Agree with Dombrasky, it's the Savox servo. They are very power-hungry. Despite the use of a 2S set-up they can easily overwhelm a receiver that uses its thin bus bars on the circuit board to try and pass up to 3A. That just sucks the life out of the receiver. A capacitor might help, but I'm not optimistic.

I run my FRSky with a 1S set-up using a Futaba servo. I found that making sure one aerial was vertical, and one horizontal, helps greatly with range and rejecting interference. Also, make sure that the Tx is on HRS setting for both Futaba and FRSky receivers. I found this best for range and response. HTH
Old 22-12-2013

With a Futaba rx, I'm not sure you can loose the signal with a Savox servo. But with a Spektrum rx or any cheaper rx you do need a voltage protector as the Hobyking or as the Spektrum : http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM1600
Old 22-12-2013

Default Rx Trouble

As per all the other posts, fit a capacitor to a spare port on the receiver Maplins sell a 4700 microfarad 16 Volt capacitor that will do the job. Think from memory they are about 90p plus you need a receiver plug or an old servo wire to plug it in.

If you ever open a receiver and look at the capacitors inside they are tiny which is why the voltage drops when you use a power hungry servo and then the receiver just 'drops' out and once the servo power demand has dropped the receiver comes back to life.
Old 22-12-2013

Thanks for all the advice, everything was good all night with the Futaba 603 Rx

Never thought about it being caused by servo.

Thanks again..

Nemo Racing
Yokomo Yz-2.
Yokomo Yx-4sf
Sanwa