Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 10-08-2010

Default batteries!

Hello!

Im about to do my maden drive with my dex410 and i am using the intellect IP4200Mah Saddle pack batteries. I wonder how many cells "S" on the charger i am going to load with... it waS 2S on mt stick pack Ip500mah.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2010

Default The only thing you may want to change is charge current

Saddle packs are also used in series, which makes the 2S setting you previously used the one to stick with.

If you bought the batteries new you should have gotten a charge cable with it that you can use as saddle packs come without a designated balance connector. Connect the cells in series to your charger and attach the balance lead to the cable between the packs.

Charger - -> - Cell 1, Cell 1 + -> Balance Lead and - Cell 2, Cell 2 + -> Charger +

Some chargers aslo require that you attach the balance connector - to Cell 1 - and balance connector + to Cell 2 +.

Remember that Swedish rules say can only charge with 1C, meaning you should not exceed 4.4 A charge current.

Even though it may sound difficult it is not, which you will notice once you get started. If you are still unsure, you can always charge the cells one at a time (then with 1S setting on your charger), but that takes almost twice as long.