Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > 10ELECTRIC - Cullingworth

Old 16-03-2013

Send a message via MSN to tommygun Send a message via Yahoo to tommygun Send a message via Skype™ to tommygun
Default Last night racing.

Just a little rant, The marshalling last night was BAD! I was in heat 2 so the heat 1 drivers was marshalling. There was hardy anyone marshalling, about 3. I know not to crash though but, we all make some mistakes from Time to time, I got stuck on a tire and no one was there. I had to marshal my own car! Can we do something about it?
Old 16-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
Just a little rant, The marshalling last night was BAD! I was in heat 2 so the heat 1 drivers was marshalling. There was hardy anyone marshalling, about 3. I know not to crash though but, we all make some mistakes from Time to time, I got stuck on a tire and no one was there. I had to marshal my own car! Can we do something about it?
Happens pal. I think this was only 1 time and some of the drivers in heat 1 were very new to the Hobby. Just gotta make sure all the marshalls are out before the race begins. The drivers in the heat are the best ones to let race control if theres not enough out.
Old 16-03-2013

Driver's brief!!! let everybody know what's expected and how it should be done, then start dishing penaltise. That's how it should be at every club every driver experienced or not.
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 16-03-2013

I was there marshalling for heat 2 , and I made sure my son marshalled after his race ( same heat as you ) he lost numerous places because of poor marshalling , I was aware of a shortage of drivers from heat 1 marshalling they just seemed to disappear , it's just not fair though , I agree with neilralph77 , no marshalling and you miss you're next heat , simple , harsh but fair to everyone !
Old 16-03-2013

Default Marshalling

Hi guys

I haven't raced at your track and don't know the in's & out's but in general at most club nights the better drivers seem a lack of enthusiasm to marshall, they are either slow at marshalling or just don't do it. (As if it's beneath them). With the shoe on the other foot when they don't get marshalled properly they kick up a fuss or I have even witnessed some going into a hissey fit and pulling off the track.

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO REMEMBER
THEY ALSO STARTED SOMEWHERE!!!!!
Nobody was born into the A final

My Club rule was 'Marshall how you would wish to be marshalled'
Whoever didn't would miss their next round or in some cases asked to leave the club.

Come guys lets get this in touch
JUNIORS ARE THE SPORTS FUTURE!

Often is the case where the begginers heats are the worst or marshalling due to top drivers not being bothered which is VERY frustrating for juniors who are doing their best. This NEEDS to change!

RANT OVER!
Old 16-03-2013
Mad Member

This wasnt the case. The top heat marshalled heat 1 and I don't think there was any issues. It was heat 2 who got a bit upset.

This is a fun club, not a serious meeting and any issues can easily be solved at the club on the night.

Also, Don't crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobo Yasir View Post
Hi guys

I haven't raced at your track and don't know the in's & out's but in general at most club nights the better drivers seem a lack of enthusiasm to marshall, they are either slow at marshalling or just don't do it. (As if it's beneath them). With the shoe on the other foot when they don't get marshalled properly they kick up a fuss or I have even witnessed some going into a hissey fit and pulling off the track.

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO REMEMBER
THEY ALSO STARTED SOMEWHERE!!!!!
Nobody was born into the A final

My Club rule was 'Marshall how you would wish to be marshalled'
Whoever didn't would miss their next round or in some cases asked to leave the club.

Come guys lets get this in touch
JUNIORS ARE THE SPORTS FUTURE!

Often is the case where the begginers heats are the worst or marshalling due to top drivers not being bothered which is VERY frustrating for juniors who are doing their best. This NEEDS to change!

RANT OVER!
Old 16-03-2013

Danny you know the underneath of my car better than me , on a serious note maybe the odd parent should help there youngsters Marshall
Old 16-03-2013
Mad Member

haha, It is frustrating when your competitive I must admit. I do get a bit upset if people over react though. We're all friends, we can just help each other.

I for 1 will marshal more than 1 heat if there isn't enough marshals out, but I didn't even know until after.

It does happen though. Someone just needs to pipe up who's in the heat before race starts I think. Most others are messing with cars, charging or smoking so we don't tend to know whats happening outside of our race and marshal heat.

Theres plenty of us their who are more than willing to make it a better experience for all.

Feel free to bollock me if I don't marshal mine though
Old 16-03-2013

I've noticed the apparent shortage of marshals most when we have the big table to set up as it tends to take 2 people to marshal that 1 jump which then leaves u a bit thin in other areas. It might be worth always having a volunteer marshal standing nxt to that particular jump so that the people that should be marshaling are free to cover the rest of the track. This is just an idea though.

Craig
Old 16-03-2013

I think some of the younger ones might need a little more guidance, and supervision, on what they're supposed to do - concentrating and looking at their little bit of track, getting that stuck, crashed car back on it's wheels ASAP.

Some of the slightly older younger ones, while very good at shouting "MARSHALL" while still in the process of crashing, might need to also remember to actually be at trackside, concentrating on their little area of the track too.

I've always hated drivers shouting, didn't like it 25 odd years ago when I took racing seriously, don't like it even more now. Don't crash, then you wouldn't need to shout. Even if it's not your fault - it's a club night, a bit of fun, the world won't end if you don't get your car back on it's wheels nano-seconds earlier - you'll only crash again sooner ;-)

Bri
Old 16-03-2013

If I've missed a stuck car for whatever reason when marshalling I don't mind someone yelling out as long as they're not dicks about it.
Old 16-03-2013

I like Danny's take. It's a really friend easy going and fun club. The right thing to do is enjoy and help others to remember and improve. No point in getting mad unless someone undoes your wheel nuts !
Old 16-03-2013

Any news on the 29th btw? Missed the last two meetings and I'm desperate to race again.
Old 16-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claspers View Post
Any news on the 29th btw? Missed the last two meetings and I'm desperate to race again.
Yes, the meeting is on for Good Friday.. May be able to start a little earlier too... To be confirmed by Nori.
Old 16-03-2013

Just realised... yesterday was the Ides of March beware and all that
Old 16-03-2013

On the marshalling side... Maybe we could run the lowest heat just before the top heat. The top drivers should make less mistakes and should be courteous enough not to scream and shout. Please remember the marshall didn't crash your car!
Old 16-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilkinson7 View Post
On the marshalling side... Maybe we could run the lowest heat just before the top heat. The top drivers should make less mistakes and should be courteous enough not to scream and shout. Please remember the marshall didn't crash your car!
This makes a lot of sense. I sucked at marsheling as a noobie because I got so involved in watching the racing
Old 17-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Tommygun,

I counted 5 marshals for heat 2 in every round. They were there at the start of the race... I was asked by the race controller to make sure they were out.

Often during the night there were many more marshals round the track than had raced in the heat before. Numbers of marshals wasn't a problem last night, apart from maybe when many lower heat drivers crashed close together. In that case, if a driver see's a marshal on the track, they need to be more aware!

Everyone gets a bad marshal once in a while, if you don't like it, then don't crash. Believe me, this meeting was very well run and has lots of marshals compared to other clubs I've raced at.

You put yourself in the tyre, not the marshals! You said yourself that we all make mistakes from time to time, maybe no one marshalling saw you, or heard you screaming. Try not to crash next time.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 17-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harrison View Post
This makes a lot of sense. I sucked at marsheling as a noobie because I got so involved in watching the racing
You still do!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 17-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilkinson7 View Post
or just marshal the race before yours, rather than after.