Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 08-01-2016

Default Topcat......at last!

So after alot of searching and patient waiting a topcat finally turned up on evil bay that still had the laydown suspension on it, so without properly checking the photos, buy it now was hit, the car was mine. It turned up about 2 months ago and after a quick check to make sure it was still in one piece, was put back in the box on the shelf while other projects were worked on. Fast forward to this week and it was time for it to come out of the box. So here it is as it stands...
tc1.jpg

Looking good so far I thought, then I noticed the rear end, alloy diff eccentrics, things are getting better, the gear cover was removed to reveal an mms layshaft and after quickly dropping out the rear gear box, an mms diff revealed itself inside.... RESULT!
tc7.jpgtc8.jpg

Now, onto the bit I am not so sure about....the rear shock/wing mount. Can anyone shed any light on it? Who made it etc.. Its alloy, the wing wires mount through the rear blocks and are secured by small screws from above....
tc4.jpgtc5.jpg

cheers in advance

Tim
Old 08-01-2016
Awesome Admin

Top cat's that's all everyone seems to be building at the min! Looks nice though buddy and I can probably see on on the horizon

The wing mount looks like a Team Tanaplan one to me 😉
Old 09-01-2016

Looks very complete. Unusual that original owner upgraded so much on backend, even down to Cougar bulkhead and hubs, but left front alone. Glad they did.

I love mine, it gets very regular outings.