Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 11-01-2012
Mad Member

Default Losi SCTE and bead locks

Just stuck a set of bead locks on a SCTE, the off set of the bead locks is more than the standard kit rims, which means the wheels are sticking out from beyond the body, anyone come across this issue, anything to rectify it or will or not be a problem

Paul
Old 12-01-2012
Mad Member

The Losi SCTE is designed for use with zero offset wheels,

HPI Blitz/Slash 12mm hex wheels are +3mm offset so i'm assuming you have those type fitted which explains extra width.

The Losi is a bit awkward to get wheels for, Proline Slash 'Pro-trac' wheels fit offset wise but you have to cut/dremel webs out on fronts to clear suspension arms and get full steering lock... thats what i did, but didn't like it as it weakens wheel and made it flex more.

Pro-line do beadlocks for the 'pro-trac' zero offset kit but i never tried them on my Losi and tbh was sceptical about beadlocks being reliable with the power i was putting through my old SCTE

DE Racing do aftermarket rims specifically for Losi SCTE but don't do beadlocks.

Rules wise for racing it shouldn't be an issue having wheels sticking out... SCT racing should be about fun... may make the truck handle oddly, cause issues with bodyshell/wheel clearance and will put more strain on bearings in hubs
Old 12-01-2012
Mad Member

thanks for the reply, thats what I'm thinking more handling wise etc.

I borrowed the wheels as i don't normally run short course. didn't think wheels may be different, may have to purchase some DE wheels and extra inserts then.