Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 28-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

I run 35c 4200 Reedy lipos and love them to bits. unless I've been running for very long times I never notice any drop off. 10 minute race in my sc10 with a 19 turn money motor and I only took 2400mah out of them. the motor was the bit letting my kit down I think lol
Old 28-09-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiSMB View Post
I just put an old Orion 5.5 in the car and managed to get the RS Pro to cut out but have found that the Speed Passion V2.0 6.5 runs fine and only shows two or three LEDs on the temp scale which is fine. I reckon it is something to do with the motor which is why it is getting hot.
Going to order the Speed Passion 6.5 V3 I think and see how it goes or failing that borrow a mates 6.5 V2 first and see how I get on.
Old 28-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I just ordered a 5.5 V3. all excited to see how it goes with the 35c lipos
Old 28-09-2009

if the motor and speedo are both getting very hot, couldnt that be down to excessive current flowing to produce power, due to weak magnets???? try a different rotor, could be that the rotors magnetic field has become weak, there is something about this subject on this forum somewhere
Old 29-09-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgydiy View Post
if the motor and speedo are both getting very hot, couldnt that be down to excessive current flowing to produce power, due to weak magnets???? try a different rotor, could be that the rotors magnetic field has become weak, there is something about this subject on this forum somewhere
I certainly found this with my original LRP X11 motors with bonded rotors. When I put the sintered rotors in they were much more efficient and ran so much cooler. I do like the Orion and Speedpassion motors as they have an internal fan built onto the end of the rotor which I think makes a big difference and does not seem to affect performance.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 29-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiSMB View Post
I certainly found this with my original LRP X11 motors with bonded rotors. When I put the sintered rotors in they were much more efficient and ran so much cooler. I do like the Orion and Speedpassion motors as they have an internal fan built onto the end of the rotor which I think makes a big difference and does not seem to affect performance.
I'll be eventually changing my X11 too, but that runs fine in my XXCR with Trakpower 3600 30C LIPOs

It's on the Cat SX that has the problem and as other say I reckon it's the motor. As for the LIPOs still un-decided (whatever I get it'll be either a 35/40C, just got to make my mind up as to whether I stick with the standard chassis or go for the new stiff one...)
Old 29-09-2009
Mad Member

I had no problems with the CAT SX Nimh chassis as it was easy enough to modify and accepted the Vampire Lipo well. I has yet to try the newer chassis to see if they make a difference.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 29-09-2009
EX-Member

Go for the Speed Passion Comp 3 motor clearly one of the best on the market and going to be made BRCA legal this month. I'd also go for the Speed Passion lipo's as they do a 4000 35c or a 5000 30c which are high quality cells (priority)
Old 29-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco77morgan View Post
Go for the Speed Passion Comp 3 motor clearly one of the best on the market and going to be made BRCA legal this month. I'd also go for the Speed Passion lipo's as they do a 4000 35c or a 5000 30c which are high quality cells (priority)
Do they have humps on them?
Old 29-09-2009
EX-Member

NO THEY DON'T

http://www.speedpassion.net/product....9&lang=&page=3
Old 29-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco77morgan View Post
Cool.. Sorry at work trying to get SCCM to image a VMWare box... for a project so can't spend the day looking at the mo...

Oh and their website is crap!
Old 29-09-2009
EX-Member

It's ok just really slow buddy

Look on homepage at who use SP though !!
Old 05-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Wheres Pidge gone on the SP drivers list then?

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 05-10-2009
oOple Advertiser

He has not even made it on there yet , even though Phil only signed recently and is there already. Pidge is their hidden talent......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 05-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Now running SP V3 5.5 motor with a GTB (Until my GT2.0 arrives) and Reedy 4200 35c lipos and the car feels very nice so far.

Added 50g of lead under the shaft in the B44 to try and reduce my nose diving

will find out on sunday what it's like at kiddy MAM