Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 10-02-2010

Default associated tc5r or hot bodies cyclone tc

hey all

just looking to change cars but cant make my mind up between associated tc5r or cyclone tc and was wondering what peoples opinions and pro's and con's of each would help with the decision

thanks nathan
Old 10-02-2010

I've never run a Cyclone TC although i hear they break easily & the spares cost a fortune (no doubt someone will correct me if i'm wrong) but i know a few people who run TC5's who all say they are pain to set up to get them to work properly, but once they get them dialed in they are pretty unbeatable, plus they don't tend to break very easily & if they do fall apart the spare parts are cheap & easy to get hold of within a few days of ordering them.

if it was my money & that was my choice the TC5 would be the one i walk out of the shop with.

I have no idea on how quickly parts arrive for the HB Cyclone but i'm guessing they will be like Tamiya (again someone will correct me) in that model shops will stock / be able to quickly get hold of parts for the lower spec cars in the range, but for the top of the range cars any spare parts may be a pig to get hold of.
Old 10-02-2010

Default tc5 or cyclone

thanks wolfie for the info
Old 10-02-2010

Another advantage over the HB would be setups may be easier to find for an Associated car. The possibility of someone running one at your track is a lot higher than a HB car.
Old 12-02-2010

The Cyclone has been out for some time now and so there is plenty of cars around and the parts don't seem to be that bad from what I can tell especially after the car won the worlds a few years ago and HPI UK tend to have decent stock of the parts for them.

I dare say that you are more likely to find Cyclone parts than you are TC5R at any given shop.

Don't worry too much about my opinion though as I just spent some time thinking about the same thing and ended up buying a TRF416X
Old 13-02-2010

both cars are of equal merit and seeing both running at my club and other events i would say they are both as strong as each other , i personally run a HB but i would gladly run either , best way to decide is to see what is running at your local club - that way you can share ifo on setups and perhaps parts too if you are unlucky enough to break it
chris
Old 15-02-2010

I happily ran a Cyclone Worlds Edition for a year (the one before the TC) I only ever broke one wishbone and hub (same crash).

Its a pretty tough car and can take a beating. Its a favourite among most club members and spares are super easy to get.