Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 26-11-2009

Default Upgrading the Cat

Been looking around for upgrades to use on the Cat in future and wondering where stuff's gone?

In particular, I'm looking for - CVD's all round and Titanium screw kit.. I can find individual screw packs, but thats a right ball ache trying to make sure I bought enough of the right screws. Are these out there anywhere?

Also, why are Schumacher the only people in the world using pins? Read a few conflicting posts on which hex adaptors to use.. anyone want to put the final word in on which would be the most universal hex's to put on the cat to fit some wheels..

Cheers

Old 26-11-2009
Mad Member

Schumacher offer an adapter set for the front wheels and have done since day one - this allows the use of all popular wheels from Assoc, Losi and Yokomo to be used without any other parts

You can acually fit this adapter on after the pin instead of before (as recommended by the manual) and this means if you do have tyres on Schumacher pin-type and some on hex-type wheels, then the optional hex can be removed easily and quickly.
Old 26-11-2009

Schumacher are not the only ones with Pin/Pin B-MAX4 is the same.

Use Schumacher hex (included in kit) for losi wheels or add washer or use asso hex for asso/j-Concepts wheels.
Forget CVD's- Schumacher driveshafts are far better.

Forget Titanium screws they only bend and break and the trend is for weight up- not down!

so why complain?

Cruise
Old 26-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

assocaited b44 hexs go straght on mate and its worth having a dynamite servo arm if you ve not got one ,,,, standard screws are fine in the cat plus their cheaper than titaniums ons mate and cheaper to replace when they bend ,,,, tother than that stay as it is mate ,, its agood car

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 27-11-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titch View Post
Also, why are Schumacher the only people in the world using pins? Read a few conflicting posts on which hex adaptors to use.. anyone want to put the final word in on which would be the most universal hex's to put on the cat to fit some wheels..
Actually Schumacher is really good - includes in kit also losi hex so you don't have to use only Schumacher wheels. Anyway I recommend to buy B44 front hex to be able to use losi/asso/jconcepts rulux wheels (b44 has wider hex than losi) and you'll be sorted. Only wheels you won't be able to use then will be Kyosho 12mm hex wheels.
And well pins aren't bad
Old 27-11-2009

cool

Wasn't saying there was anything bad about the car.. just CVD's were always the first thing on my list when I was racing before, that and lightweight screws.. But if the lightweight screws would do more harm than good, i'll leave the ones in that are there.

Only whining about the pins, cos I look down the list of wheels and most if not all of the ones i've found say - hex fit..

Where do you lot go shopping online? I've only really found ModelSport, Apex and CML. any others you recommend?

Old 27-11-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

schumacher direct or your local shop, try the schuy rims you wont be disapointed
Old 27-11-2009

I converted completely to the Schumacher front pin type wheels and never looked back. It is a superior system.