Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 21-03-2007
Administrator

Default Gil Losi Joins Kyosho!

Kyosho just released some startling news that Gil Losi jr is now part of Kyosho America.
Lord knows what Gil will be doing at Kyosho, but it can only be a good thing since he 'knows his stuff'. I wonder who is left at Losi though to take the lead and move things forward?

Check him out though:

---

Gil Losi, Jr., an icon in the RC business and co-founder of Team Losi™, is coming to Kyosho America. Beginning in April, Losi will join the Kyosho America team as R&D Director in an effort to better align Kyosho products with the US market. (jimmy: nothing for the rest of us?)

Gil Losi Jr. brings a wealth of racing and design experience to Kyosho, which began back in 1982, when he won his second and third World Championships with the Kyosho Scorpion in the stock and modified classes. Even though Team Losi would eventually make their own 2WD car, Gil Jr. and the Losi team continued to run the Kyosho Optima Mid 4WD and Lazer racecars until they introduced a car of their own in the late 90s. Gil Jr. had some input on the design a couple cars for other companies before designing the JR-X2 - the first of many Losi designs, all of which benefited from his racing and design experience.

Commenting on his move to Kyosho America, Losi said, "I'm excited to get in on the ground level to help build Kyosho America, much like I did with Team Losi - it was the most challenging time for me, but also the most rewarding." He adds, "I'm also excited to be joining such a well-established international company that will help expose our ideas to the entire RC world."

Racing success is a common thread shared with Losi Jr. and Kyosho, which will be much of his focus at Kyosho America. The technology and innovation that come from a strong racing program will also benefit our other product lines. Committed to innovative competition products that engage dedicated enthusiasts, Kyosho is excited to welcome Gil Losi, Jr.

--

cool
But did they forget the mention Gil winning the worlds with Yokomo, and racing the 870c Yokomo at the 87 worlds (no idea what he raced after that).

In other news, Gil is now to be known as 'Gil Kyosho Jr' - chuckle.
Old 21-03-2007

Its not april yet is it ?
April fool's

Last edited by MATTY; 21-03-2007 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Ment too press enter not post Haha
Old 21-03-2007

Maybe Kyosho will finally get rid of those crappy woodscrews. LOL!!!!!!
Old 21-03-2007

That's pretty crazy, that's like Richard Branson joining Sky!
Old 21-03-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Man, that was a bolt out the blue, that is liking sleeping with your cousin, it is doable, but just feels awefully odd.... 'and here is Gill Losi Jr, and his Kyosho....'
Old 21-03-2007
Administrator

it's as mad as a mad thing, but Kyosho have been expanding in America for a while - they got 'the magic' joel johnson, and some 'guy' from rc car action magazine (hence this press release appearing on their site first).
Old 21-03-2007

Send a message via MSN to rich_cree

Cool
Old 21-03-2007

Whoever writes their press releases needs to go

Not sure how Gil won any world champs in 82 considering the first one wasn't held until 1985 (and won by Gil driving a Yokomo as Jimmy mentioned).

I'm seriously looking at running the new Kyosho 2wd - just a pity that the rear wheels aren't compatible with the 501 / B4 / Losi wheels
Old 21-03-2007

Send a message via MSN to rich_cree

they are refering to pre ifmar worlds
Old 21-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender View Post
I'm seriously looking at running the new Kyosho 2wd - just a pity that the rear wheels aren't compatible with the 501 / B4 / Losi wheels
the Hot Bodies D4 looks to have TC/Kysoho stye rims.

Losi/AE style rims are so last century.

There is just so many more benifits with the Kyosho TC style rims....

1. able to use TC setup stations/systems
2. able to change the wheelbase by putting in spacers.

Knowing AE and losi, they wont be changing anything anytime soon.
Old 21-03-2007
Administrator

The D4 is able to use Losi wheels afaik.. Able, not standard.
Old 21-03-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_cree View Post
they are refering to pre ifmar worlds
I guess they were ROAR Worlds then, like the baseball worlds and the NFL Worlds.
Maybe we should have had BRCA Worlds back then, at least we would have been guaranteed british world champions in the 80s

He might have won the modified World Champs with his Yoke, but Team Losi did run Kyosho in 4wd until they built the XX4, probably because it wasn't the Yokomo that Associated were importing. Having Gil in charge of R&D can only be a good thing for Kyosho and it shows they are really taking the US market seriously which can only be good for the rest of us. To crack the US 2wd market the new Ultima will have to be good.

At least you can't say he has sold out, he has just been an employee for Horizon Hobby ever since Pops sold Team Losi to them.
Old 21-03-2007

He won't be doing it for the Money either.
I heard the Losi family is as rich as the see is deep.

Looks to me the big japanese two are seriously investing in their raceteams.

transfers these past two years :
Kysoho :
- Gil Losi Jr.
- Mark Pavidis
- Lamberto Collari
- pops Masami Hirosaka (as chief designer)

Tamiya :
- Honigl
- Josh Numann
- David Spashet
Old 21-03-2007

Masaki Hirosaka is a free-lance engineer, and is employed on an ad-hoc basis.
Old 01-04-2007

Somethings gone pete tong with this, Gil Losi's big news on the Kyosho site has vanished, he isn't on the team listing, and lots of news articles have dissapeared..... hmmmm