Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > Gaming Chat

Old 25-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Something odd last night too.
i'm stuggling in the dry to qualify off of the back row. Yet in the wet I was 7sec faster than my dry time and on pole by nearly a second!....in expert!??!??!!!?

i can get a better setup balance in the wet than in the dry. whereas the dry setup seems to feel more like a wet setup, very twitchy and no rear end grip on power, yet in the wet, I could just nail it eveywhere? and got pretty much perfect lines.

Odd?!
Old 25-09-2010

playing game with 360 steering wheel on expert mode with no aids....really hard and like Telboy keep spinning if nailing the throttle too much, if people finding it to easy get a steering wheel then its a whole new game!! great game....tag ady14.
Old 25-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thing is, I'm not even nailing the throttle. Just touching it.

85 pages of bug complaints on the codemasters website.
Mainly with PS3 and PC, but still a few with Xbox360.

Hopefully patches will be made to sort problems.
Old 25-09-2010
Mad Member

theres some major glitches, i won a race but said i finished 3rd, and the AI cars dont move out the way in qualifying when there on out laps, so annoying.

playing on ps3 with logitech driving force gt wheel, lapping 2-3 secs quicker than the AI cars, expert mode but with automatic on.

some very weird handling characteristics aswell, car spins out very easy one lap yet understeers the next then fine the next. i think, maybe wrong but if you cut the track/hit someone the next corner you have less grip, im sure off it.

loving the game, in my opinion it NEEDS a steering wheel and pedals

add me PS3 - pupton00
Old 25-09-2010

There is definitely some glitches i had half a front wing on my car and no nose cone so the wing was just hanging there in free space.
Old 25-09-2010
Mad Member

Manual gears is quickest dudes but use a little traction control until your used to it. The xbox wheel really brings it to life and I'm a couple of seconds a lap quicker with the wheel than the pad. Frickin awesome. My gamesave was corrupted after my session last night so had to start from scratch this morning. It's easily the best console racer I've played. I have no equal. Lol

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 26-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Is the PC version OK Rich?? thinking about d/l it from Steam.
No glitches or problems for me so far, I got mine on Steam as well. It's the same engine as Dirt2 so if you can run that fine this will be ok too. I'm running it on a GTX260 and 3Ghz Core 2 Quad and it runs perfectly at 1920x1080 8xAA with all the detail settings on the highest
Old 26-09-2010

The pit stops are winding up something stupid. Each time I go into the pits they wont release me from my pit bay until every car has gone past. Im going from a top 3 place to last just because of the pits, its bloody stupid

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 27-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I alter the strategy in the pits before the race, so that I won't come in at the same time as everyone else. That way I don't get caught up in the pit traffic. because even if theres a massive gap, they don't release you.

I'm getting a bit fed up of just 'clipping' kerbs (like they do in real life) and it just spinning me out.
You can't catch a slide either, if you counter-steer it just throws you round the other way and off the track.
But then I am only using the controller.

Its is getting better the more I play it, and have messed around with the settings and found a level that is a bit more realistic in terms of performance.

But the wet weather glitch needs sorting. It does my head in when developers cant tell that theres something majorly wrong in a game. Show that they either didn't do their homework, or they didn't test it in all conditions enough.

Other than that, its ok, and is probably one of the best GP games. It still has some work to do to beat the likes of GP1/2/3/4 and R-factor on the PC, but deffo the best so far on consoles.

I'm just waiting for GT5 now in November.
Old 27-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
I alter the strategy in the pits before the race, so that I won't come in at the same time as everyone else. That way I don't get caught up in the pit traffic. because even if theres a massive gap, they don't release you.

I'm getting a bit fed up of just 'clipping' kerbs (like they do in real life) and it just spinning me out.
You can't catch a slide either, if you counter-steer it just throws you round the other way and off the track.
But then I am only using the controller.

Its is getting better the more I play it, and have messed around with the settings and found a level that is a bit more realistic in terms of performance.

But the wet weather glitch needs sorting. It does my head in when developers cant tell that theres something majorly wrong in a game. Show that they either didn't do their homework, or they didn't test it in all conditions enough.

Other than that, its ok, and is probably one of the best GP games. It still has some work to do to beat the likes of GP1/2/3/4 and R-factor on the PC, but deffo the best so far on consoles.

I'm just waiting for GT5 now in November.
Seeing as no one asnwered me before ill ask again.

Can you custom the controller like you can it GT. I want it like a transmitter
Old 27-09-2010

If you're on a pc, why not just use your transmitter?
Old 27-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny McGee View Post
Seeing as no one asnwered me before ill ask again.

Can you custom the controller like you can it GT. I want it like a transmitter
Danny, Yes, I'm on xbox and have throttle/brake on the left thumb stick and steering on the right thumbstick... i'm sure 'custom' controls can be set on all platforms

I'm playing on Profesional difficulty in my Williams and I am finding that I am performing just about where I should be, I can scrape into the top10 in qually and progress slightly in the race.

all driver aids turned off except auto gearbox at the moment.
Old 27-09-2010

For those on XBOX 360, my add is B10LJK
Sukie Dog as pit crew!
Old 27-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacattack View Post
The pit stops are winding up something stupid. Each time I go into the pits they wont release me from my pit bay until every car has gone past. Im going from a top 3 place to last just because of the pits, its bloody stupid
I found out about this - What you need to do is either pit earlier, or later then when the Engineer suggests, just stay out and come in a lap or 2 later and it will be fine.

This is also being fixed with the patch
Old 27-09-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Thats good to know nick
Iv had the same problem last night 2 races in a row
Old 28-09-2010

Default F1

I have been playing in career mode, I think medium level difficulty. Qual last night and noticed it didn't have the knock out stages like in F1?? Qual 14th, which I believe is enough to go through to the secound stage??

Schumacher Racing - Team Tekin - Spektrum - Inside Line Racing - TrishBits
Old 28-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
I have been playing in career mode, I think medium level difficulty. Qual last night and noticed it didn't have the knock out stages like in F1?? Qual 14th, which I believe is enough to go through to the secound stage??
you need to do the 'full' race weekend and not the 'quick' race weekend, the full ones was 3 lots of free praccy and a 3 tier qually session.

you can Fast forward or skip the FP sessions
Old 28-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I still haven't played online yet but looking forward to giving it a go - i just want to practise a bit more before getting my a$$ handed to me.....

I'm loving it on championship mode too much to play online :-)

I went through the options last night and found that you can actually set the AI to Legendary, not just the game difficulty so i did this.

Ended up finishing 15th in Malaysia which is way more realistic with the Lotus so i'm happy with that - it seemed so wrong to be battling it out with the Red Bulls & Mclarens.
Old 28-09-2010

To be fair i went online for the first time with it last night and won all my races!

Some of the driving ability online is shall we say, not the best! lol

Old 28-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson View Post
To be fair i went online for the first time with it last night and won all my races!

Some of the driving ability online is shall we say, not the best! lol
can you change yor car online