Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Closed Thread

Old 14-11-2012
Banned

Maybe Ansman should have told there employes, before releasing this letter.
then it wouldn't have come back to them as a rumor.

The very fact the letter had been sent means Ansman were spreading the word.
if i was just about to by an Ansman, I would want to know.

If Ansman didn't want the word getting round why send the letter.
Old 14-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
ahh so thats it!!! a little contradictory dont you think?

i have never been given/sponsored by ansman what so ever, so now you are spreading false claims by guessing!..

anyway news is news im off to look for more!
LOL!!! there is no point in trying to give you advice.

Mark I dont have a major problem with you. I met you you are a nice polite guy!
Its just you love to spread the gossip, that's fine normally but some things are sensitive.

So if you did not have an account with Ansmann why did you get the letter??
Thats the only thing i dont understand? if this letter went to you as a customer did it go to everyone?

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 14-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
The letter really that important? some smaller shops probably have it taped to the counter by now for customers to see to clarify the situation. I would hope that anyone who worked within ansmann would have been informed of a job loss before the shops knew with a far better letter than what was posted on here! that letter is basically an announcement to all ansmann suppliers that ansmann are to stop making cars and pursue other interests,they have prob produce hundreds so it's far from personal.

The bigger issue for the hobby is the loss of some great entry level cars, yer a driver whos only interested in the A final, the top heat and what they get from a days racing, not worried about clubs and numbers may well think the cars were crap an sniggred at any new driver who turned up with one,But ansmann filled a hole left by tamiya, they were a fantastic,cheep entry car, that looked like a B4 or in the case of the mad monkey an X6, and with a better idler gear fitted and a set of schumacher tyres you could get people going round a track very well.and make them catch the bug before the cost factor put them off. I just hope That teamC or someone else can fill those boots. .Ansmann is quit a loss for our hobby in my view, it was a great car for getting people hooked, then they will go out and buy the big guns from losi,kyosho,AE etc etc

Just to add, really, go have a good read of the letter in post 2 I think it is, look at who it's addressed to, then read it through, Now I only see the fact of this thred, about that letter.I really don't see the problem, and why the posts need to be so aggressive, thats as close to a press realise as you can get, lets keep it on subject, not turn it into a slanging match, it's not good for forums

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 14-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Of course all the recriminations flying around here seem to be making a good smokescreen to the real issue I can see here - Ansmann have decided RC isn't profitable for them.
Now admittedly we are talking about rebranded OEM stuff (they say they'll keep making their own original products) but this still speaks heavily of the current health of the RC industry. Ansmann are a 'successful' brand at least in terms of model sales, and whilst their cars have a questionable reputation for reliability their radios (which are also rebrands) have been a big hit. If despite all those sales they aren't making enough money they certainly can't be alone.
Ansmann is in fact a massive company, RC was a tiny division and they are simply abandoning that to focus on other arms (something a solely RC company can't do) but you don't drop a successful arm in a recession.
Under the circumstances I can't imagine this is the only company going to be closing its doors......

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 14-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post
Seriously, wake up!

If you had just done that to my company that turns over 50 million squids a year i would be talking to solicitors and taking action just to cause you some discomfort!
You need to get a grip. You seem to be on some sort of tirade and if there is one person who is portraying themself badly on this thread.... Well that would be you.

Last edited by Col; 14-11-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 14-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
Quote:
Seriously, wake up!

If you had just done that to my company that turns over 50 million squids a year i would be talking to solicitors and taking action just to cause you some discomfort!
You need to get a grip. You seem to be on some sort of tirade and if there is one person who is portraying themself badly on this thread.... Well that would be you.
Quite true.
No company would sue over that letter no matter their turnover as it would be laughed out of court. Far from causing discomfort the company would be looking at an expensive costs payout and humiliating publicity.
Nowhere in that letter does it explicitly state you can't pass this on. It might be implied, but the law these days is quite clear that implied isn't good enough.
Spouting things like that just undermines your argument......

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)

Last edited by Col; 14-11-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 14-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
Quote:
Seriously, wake up!

Tirade?!

quite simply i am an oOpler and read the news on here with trust that it has come from a good source, is accurate, relevant and is in the interests of us and those that it affects...

what i don't want or need to see is the source of that information being used to prove a squabble point, it's unprofessional and trashy and could cause implications if the company involved decide it is not helping their business or customers, whether in this instance or in future.

i welcome your opinion, but could you explain why i am portraying myself badly by expressing my opinion which i have justified?

feel free to PM me with your reply and to continue discussion as this is not relevant to the topic.

Last edited by Col; 14-11-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 14-11-2012

The point is we as RC enthusiasts, have lost a decent entry level manufacturer and supplier, that has to be the biggest point here. I started out with the ansmann brand having recently returned to RC and for very little outlay you can get a decent competitive kit that allowed those on a budget to return to RC.

Yes Team C will no doubt plug the gap but i still think all this bickering is missing the obvious loss.

Seems to be alot of this needless internet arguing at the moment, complete waste of time, much like this line of text i guess
Old 14-11-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

deleted

Last edited by mark christopher; 14-11-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: decided i dont need to justify my self or the post
Old 14-11-2012

is,nt oOple great, you guys
Old 14-11-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Tirade?!

quite simply i am an oOpler and read the news on here with trust that it has come from a good source, is accurate, relevant and is in the interests of us and those that it affects...

what i don't want or need to see is the source of that information being used to prove a squabble point, it's unprofessional and trashy and could cause implications if the company involved decide it is not helping their business or customers, whether in this instance or in future.

i welcome your opinion, but could you explain why i am portraying myself badly by expressing my opinion which i have justified?

feel free to PM me with your reply and to continue discussion as this is not relevant to the topic.
Isn't posting a copy proving that it was infact an accurate news report, hence really making your second point mute?

Last edited by Col; 14-11-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 14-11-2012

Send a message via MSN to Garry

Can we lock this thread? News is out, it would have happened sooner or later, keyboard warriors from all sides of the fence are just making themselves look ridiculous/immature and nobody is winning or even proving a point anymore.

Sad day for RC in general.
Old 14-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post

Isn't posting a copy proving that it was infact an accurate news report, hence really making your second point mute?
Please read my original post on this thread,

I have never questioned the validity of the news report, I question the action of posting the copy of the letter for public view and the reasons this was posted!

It's a shame to see this on oOple, not to mention the people missing the point or just posting plain abuse against Mark.

Last edited by Col; 14-11-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 14-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry View Post
Can we lock this thread? News is out, it would have happened sooner or later, keyboard warriors from all sides of the fence are just making themselves look ridiculous/immature and nobody is winning or even proving a point anymore.

Sad day for RC in general.
+ 1
Old 14-11-2012
Super Moderator

Ok guys
We have requested a official statement from Ansmann on this matter, once we have something from them we will post it up
Cheers
The oople team
Closed Thread