Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 02-07-2010

Default Spur Issue

I have Just brought a durango 410 and managed to get to get it up and running today Cars great already fallen in love with it ........But somehow i managed to melt a spur gear ?? The middle complety melted.

Has anyone had these issues ? Need to sort it as £10 for pads and spur everytime aint going to keep my wallet happy

I know the TD boys are on here to so any responses would be great
Old 02-07-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Well, if you have melted the centre, sounds like your slipper unit was to loose.
Old 02-07-2010
Super Moderator

Yes sorry to say to a fellow racer, but have you built it correctly?

I have run the DEX410 for 10 months now and only had to replace one spur gear due to one tooth breaking off, the car still ran, just noisily!

Make sure you have the slipper set as the book and then my advice would be to back it off one full turn, that way you are not unduly stressing the transmission or creating heat in the slipper.

BRITISH NATIONAL 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2012
BRITISH NATIONAL SERIES 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2013

Old 02-07-2010

To be honest its not a brand new car i got it second hand. So i guess i should have checked. Will try another once i get one and see what happens. I will set it up as per book minus a turn. See where i go from there.

Cheers for the advice
Old 02-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

try taking the pinion off the motor,keep the spur in so all the transmition as working,push the car along and it should keep going,if it slows really quickly then something is binding,this will melt the slipper,take out the spur and roll the front wheels then the rear to see if its the front or back,then work your way down till you find it,it doesnt need to be really tight to melt it,i had a sweet rapper stuck just under the front drivshaft just before the gear box,it was enought to bind and melt mine,its never don it before and its never done it again,sorry if you have done this,i hope you get it sorted as the car is ace

ps just check all the bearings because they are(sorry)really crap,

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 02-07-2010
Mad Member

Mmm thats very interesting nice to hear someone had the same problem like i did after spending £75 ish on spurs & slipper pads.
Found that the actually metal parts (spool)was faulty when you clamped it up no matter how much it would still slip.The bearings aint up to the job either on the slipper part i think anyways

My slipper was tightened up so much you couldnt drive the god dam car it still melted.

The car just didnt suite me, I've gone to Kyosho best move I have done.

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion