Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Mansfield RC Club

Old 23-12-2012

Default Introduction (and help required, please)

Hello All,
After quite a few years of not racing (due to the distraction of girls, full size cars, beer, mortgage, work,,,,,, I'm sure you get the drift!)
I started hunting around for a local club, hence,,, here Iam!
Last time I raced was at Harrogate Model Car Club, when Schumacher Cats, RC10's, Kyosho Optimas (among others) were the cars to have,,,,
What's the favourite choice of vehicle to race with today? (Am I right on the whole you guys race 1/10th 2 wheel drive buggies?)
I also used to race Mardave Mini's,,,
Would very much like to get back into racing,,,,,
One last question,,,,,,,, since moving this way from oooop north,,,, is their any decent local model shops? Or is it all web purchases??
Would love to pop down and see you guys racing (Wednesday nights the usual?)
Many thanks Matt.
Old 23-12-2012
oOple Advertiser

Hi Matt, yes we are predominantly a buggy racing club, we have raced on road but at the mo there is zero interest at Mansfield.

There are more 2wds running each week than 4, but still enough 4wds each week to make a heat.

We have team c tc02c's, Durango and Schumacher drivers and all are friendly and approachable to help anyone out who needs anything.

The best local shop is pbm racing near j26 of the m1, he stocks most things and has a good mail order service too.

Best thing to do is come down one Wednesday night and have a look for yourself, but be prepared to want one when you've seen them racing lol

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 23-12-2012

Yes,come down and see us before jumping in and buying anything first,loads of help from the friendliest bunch around.
No racing this wednesday though,which is a real shame,as the break from cbeebies while on holiday would be great
Old 23-12-2012

Hi Matt,

Like people have said aready come down and visit us all on Wednesday night at club before jumping back into the sport and making bad purchases lol :-)

Our next race meeting is Wednesday the 2nd 2013 and every Wednesday there after.

The most common run class at moment seems to be 1/10th 2wd altho we also race 1/10 4wd and also sometimes 1/10 short course.

We have all levels of racers so there plenty of good advice going around.

Hopefully see you in new year

Cheers

Jason

Old 23-12-2012

Default Thanks

Cheers for the replies,
It's rather exciting, looking forward to having a look at all the new goodies that are available for rc cars,,,,,,!
Very impressed (if I've worked it out right?) that the new radio gear sorts its own frequencies out (2.4g)
I can remember having a box full of crystals (and then split-crystals) to go racing.
I only wished that I kept my first ever rc car (which was a Tamiya Wild One) in 1985!! Just for a momento,,
Will pop along first wed next year,
Hope Santa brings all you want!
Cheers Matt
Old 26-12-2012

Default Took the Plunge!!

Well, a trip down to PBM racing on Xmas eve was bound to be fatal!!

Spoke to Richard who showed the favoured options,,,,,,, and a TC02c with all the bits n bobs to go with it was purchased!!

Have really enjoyed putting it together over the last couple of days it has been ACE!

Although I only used sticks in the past,, a few friends over the years have dabbled in RC with them favouring the wheel type transmitter,,

So I've took a punt and gone for a wheel set up too,

Can't believe how intricate the ESC/motor and its setup is (I've only read the setup not done it yet)

Trimmed the body and wing this afternoon and a simple coat of white paint on the main body.

Can't wait to get some practicing in,,,,,

I've tried to solder up the main wiring knowing full well it was going to be an almost impossible job with a 25w soldering iron,,,,, so a trip out somewhere tomorrow to purchase something a little more powerful will be in order.

Richard at pbm did mention that there was some racing going on at Greasley??? (I think that's what he said,,) this fri and sat,, do any of you guys go?..

Cheers for now, Matt
Old 26-12-2012
oOple Advertiser

Yes, myself, muzzy and gareth will be there on Friday. It's an all day race from 8 in the morning.

Good choice with the tc02c, that's what I am running (and its white lol).

If you come on Friday see if you can find us, I'm John jones and I think I'm in heat 3 according to the list.

Saturday is at the same place but just a club night from 6pm.

My feedback
Old 26-12-2012

Hi mate mansfield is great for the buggies tbh but if you need some extra advice or help before they reopen broxtowe is your best bet see link below

http://www.broxtowemcc.org.uk/

They are racing indoors on the 28th Christmas cracker
And outdoors New Year's Day hangover special
where ill be if you need any help semi newby myself though

Jimmy Noke
(glowstick)
Old 26-12-2012
oOple Advertiser

Oh, should have said the meeting is the Christmas cracker, details are in the Broxtowe club section.

My feedback