Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2009

Agreed, but 140 mph is going a bit far.

Re the comment about Germany, I did some work there a couple of years ago and doing 140 on parts of the autoban seems normal and indeed perfectly safe. But those roads are wider, straighter, in better condition and the freight drivers seems content to make steady progress in the slow lane, rather than making sudden moves and swerving all over the road just to go 1 mph faster than the truck in front.
Old 04-12-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
motorway speed limits are too low, limit was done on far less advanced cars, the only problem on motoways is twats who sit in the middle lane and dont use the inside lane, or those who sit below the limit on clear roads.
Thats me, i set the cruise control to 70 and sit in the middle lane cos i like plenty of space either side of me.. Gives me plenty of room incase i doze off.
Old 04-12-2009
Mad Member

I drove through France last week and driving there was so nice. They have an 80mph speed limit and everyone rolls at that. Noone hogs the middle lane, heavy goods are aloud to do around 60mph so aren't pushing each other too badly either.

It just made for super-relaxed driving and a great average for the 1200km stretches I was doing.
As soon as you get back into Germany you just had to be so much more watchfull when overtaking because of the relative speed differences. You can be doing a quickish 120mph, want to overtake someone in the middle lane doing 100mph and then still have some joker come up behind you on the left lane at 150mph+. Not that relaxed really...

I like going quick once in a while as much as the next guy but I don't like that my car uses 30% more fuel and that potentially it is more dangerous.

Prison sentences for speeding are ridiculous though!
Old 04-12-2009
Lee-Mag

Erm..... it wasn't me

The police are trying to go with dangerous driving, but they dont have it on their in-car camera, and the thing with dangerous driving is that they have to prove it rather than you defend it, so potentially he could get off with the charge

I'm not condoning his actions, (for the boring mo fo's) he was a silly boy and shouldn't do those kind of speeds in a 30mph limit

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 04-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
those kind of speeds in a 30mph limit
lol... Lmao... I've gotten points for speeding pulling the caravan..!
Old 04-12-2009

Quote:
I'm not condoning his actions, (for the boring mo fo's) he was a silly boy and shouldn't do those kind of speeds in a 30mph limit
Lee. 110 over the speed limit. then the book wants throwing at him, and I wouldn't say he was silly..... I'd say F***ing stupid. He deservers everything he gets.

I was with you at first, as I thought 140 on the motorway, you'll get off with a fine and a couple of weeks ban, but this he should be getting a 3 year+ ban and 2K fine

www.ndor.co.uk

My Feedback
Old 04-12-2009

Quote:
Jeez.. That's lunacy.. A mate of mine got done doing 79 in a 40, but a 40 that was in the back of beyond.. 30's are 30's cos there's people and stuff living there! Hitting someone at 140 mph would just liquidise them.

Old 04-12-2009

Quote:

lee, please tell me that was a joke? If any nob ed is prepared to do 140mph in a 30 they deserve everything they get. 30 is 30 for a reason, I'm amusing it would have been a built up area. People, even kids walking about

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 04-12-2009

Good luck in court!!

Speeding should only result in a fine,keep the points for Drink drivers & Hit & runners!!!!

DiscoStu

B4
Manta Ray
Old 04-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaMan76 View Post
Good luck in court!!

Speeding should only result in a fine,keep the points for Drink drivers & Hit & runners!!!!
That's ridiculous and very naive. Everyone speeds, but to the extent to which lee has described is just stupid. Do you actually believe he should only get a fine?

Old 04-12-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaMan76 View Post
Good luck in court!!

No save the noose for the drink drivers and kit and runs.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 04-12-2009
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

I was always led to believe that anything over 100mph was an instant 1 year ban anyway, but I could easily be wrong.
Old 04-12-2009

166mph got this guy 9 months and a 5 year driving ban !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...nd/8329590.stm
Old 04-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRDEAN0 View Post

And that was in a 60mph zone. Lees guy was doing almost 500% of the speed limit

Old 05-12-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALLET View Post
Lee. 110 over the speed limit. then the book wants throwing at him, and I wouldn't say he was silly..... I'd say F***ing stupid. He deservers everything he gets.

I was with you at first, as I thought 140 on the motorway, you'll get off with a fine and a couple of weeks ban, but this he should be getting a 3 year+ ban and 2K fine
Another good cast by Lee
Old 05-12-2009
Mad Member

30mph over the speed limit is a ban. A friend of mine was caught doing 61 in a 30 by a speed gun but the officer put it down as 59 so he wouldn't get a ban, just 3 points and avoid all the court hastle.

If your doing 30-40 ish over the limit and would lose you job if you were banned you can usually get away with 6pts and a large fine plus court costs.

Clown
Old 05-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRDEAN0 View Post

Thats the law gone crazy. Prison for speeding plus a 5 year ban is stupid. He did not hurt anyone but could have gone out and hit an old granny over the head stole her life savings and got off with community service.

Four Wheels move the body - Two wheels move the bowels
Old 05-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodgit View Post
Thats the law gone crazy. Prison for speeding plus a 5 year ban is stupid.
But it isn't speeding though, is it? It's dangerous driving and that's where the sentence and ban come from. Come on, just think about it for a moment - in the case quoted from the BBC he was doing 106MPH over the speed limit.

In Lee's friends case it's even worse - >140MPH in a 30MPH zone, >110MPH over the limit. Think about it for a moment - that's AT LEAST 40MPH over the speed limit FOR A MOTORWAY in this country.

IMO, it's fully justified. If you're reckless and dangerous enough to do things like that then I'm afraid it's a time in chokey for you, simple. I know I posted the link earlier about the Solicitor but I truly believe the guy (or gal!) should get whatever the court decides they deserve.

You may not agree with the limits that are set (especially on the motorway) but they have to abided by, or face the consequences. I do a lot of miles with my job (mainly dual carriageways and motorways) and I stick to the limits, but it amazes me the amount of people that don't.

BTW - this is me speaking as someone who has hit a child in a 30MPH zone when they ran out into the road in front of me from between two parked cars (I was doing just under 30MPH as I was accelerating away from a roundabout). The child survived with relatively minor injuries but I felt like crap for ages after, even though it wasn't my fault. Now imagine the same scenario if I was doing 60MPH, let alone 140MPH. How would you like it if it was your child that was hit?
Old 05-12-2009

Way I see it as a loaded gun

You can say well it's only speeding, but as the post above, if you hit somebody, either as a pedestrian, or in another motor vehicle, the consequences are more than likely be fatal for one or more parties.

If I be honest, i've been done for speeding twice, once on a dual carriageway as they change the bloody speed linit on the a610 into Nottingham all over the place, one minute you can be doing 60, then 40, then 30, and I got caught out. Other time I was doing 89 on the A46 Warwick bypass as it's 3 lanes and got motorway style junctions, it felt perfectly safe.

We all speed a bit, but as a professional driver, I need my licence and need to respect the speed limits to keep my job, but if you go way way over the top, then I say throw the book at ya. The road around corner from us is a 30 and often seen people doing 60 and that can be when kids are on their to school.
People that do that, need the law come crashing down on them.
Old 05-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4n View Post
But it isn't speeding though, is it? It's dangerous driving and that's where the sentence and ban come from. Come on, just think about it for a moment - in the case quoted from the BBC he was doing 106MPH over the speed limit.

In Lee's friends case it's even worse - >140MPH in a 30MPH zone, >110MPH over the limit. Think about it for a moment - that's AT LEAST 40MPH over the speed limit FOR A MOTORWAY in this country.

IMO, it's fully justified. If you're reckless and dangerous enough to do things like that then I'm afraid it's a time in chokey for you, simple. I know I posted the link earlier about the Solicitor but I truly believe the guy (or gal!) should get whatever the court decides they deserve.

You may not agree with the limits that are set (especially on the motorway) but they have to abided by, or face the consequences. I do a lot of miles with my job (mainly dual carriageways and motorways) and I stick to the limits, but it amazes me the amount of people that don't.

BTW - this is me speaking as someone who has hit a child in a 30MPH zone when they ran out into the road in front of me from between two parked cars (I was doing just under 30MPH as I was accelerating away from a roundabout). The child survived with relatively minor injuries but I felt like crap for ages after, even though it wasn't my fault. Now imagine the same scenario if I was doing 60MPH, let alone 140MPH. How would you like it if it was your child that was hit?
Well said. As someone who has had their child hit by a car (luckily by someone who wasn't speeding so he got away with a broken leg and collar bone) I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who gets done in a 30 zone. And 140 in a 30 Zone deserves big jail time. If a pedestrian steps out from nowhere at that speed they would be liquidised as previously said. And it could be far worse if the driver takes evasive action and plows into a house etc.

He should also be banned from driving for a very long time, and when he returns he should be forced to drive a G Whiz so that it limits his speed!!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Closed Thread