Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 29-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by losixxx View Post
dont' buy cell's till the list comes out! same every year
Change the record please Chris, these guys have innocently bought new cells in good faith with expectation of being able to use them.

September last year there was no hint of IB's being taken off the list, was there? Previously, cells which were homoligated remain homoligated.

Go back 12 months, and the reason for waiting is to see which better cells are legal, but those who weren't bothered (i.e. Spencer) would still be fine on old cells.
Old 29-01-2008
Mad Member

I used those cells last year with no problem infact 95% of racers used those cells last year that is why I bought some more thinking there would be no problem. I needed to buy cells when I did as my older cells had give up. They where on the list last year so that is why I purchased them not expecting them to be taken off. If I was buying cells now I would look at the list as I did last year.
Old 29-01-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Change the record please Chris, these guys have innocently bought new cells in good faith with expectation of being able to use them.

September last year there was no hint of IB's being taken off the list, was there? Previously, cells which were homoligated remain homoligated.

Go back 12 months, and the reason for waiting is to see which better cells are legal, but those who weren't bothered (i.e. Spencer) would still be fine on old cells.
every reason chris...after all there's been problem's with the cells for a while plus if people actually bothered reading the rule book once in a while they would have known about the size change's occuring in 2008.....

so the recorded keeps playing on and on and on and on....all my cells apart from 1 pack are buggered since september but i havent bought any new until the list come's out....

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 29-01-2008
Mad Member

Is this list correct, No GP 3700. Hows that right ?
Old 29-01-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer Mulcahy View Post
I used those cells last year with no problem infact 95% of racers used those cells last year that is why I bought some more thinking there would be no problem. I needed to buy cells when I did as my older cells had give up. They where on the list last year so that is why I purchased them not expecting them to be taken off. If I was buying cells now I would look at the list as I did last year.

thats like saying but i used mini pins at kiddy national 2 years ago and bought loads to use last year but couldnt as the control tyre changed. everyone knows not to buy tyres until the national list is produced, exactly the same as the electric board list so why are people moaning........! enough said really

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 29-01-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losixxx View Post
dont' buy cell's till the list comes out! same every year
Some of us will still be using old cells from last year not new ones for the nationals, well that was until the list came out and all my cells are now illegal bugger.
Old 29-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to josh_smaxx

Are you sure there a completely new cell? They has been one reported case of an EP cell exploding and the BRCA have reportidly put some examples through some really rough testing abusing them in nearly every way possible and have had no detinations so i dont see how they need to bring a new '08 version out to make the rules. I measured one of my EP cells as soon as its peaked (used for 2 nights a week since end of June) and it measured 43.3xx mm in length so it must be less than 43mm sat normally.
Old 29-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Josh - thats the whole point of the rule change, they need to be 43mm or less no matter what state of charge they are.
Old 29-01-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2k View Post
So does this mean say you went to nationals with GP3300s, cells which were widely used and werent a huge risk of going bang, are not allowed. Yet the IB4200s, which were widely the reason for these fears being brought up, are still allowed?
gold label not silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer Mulcahy View Post
I am not happy at all, all my cells are not legal anymore. I purchased these cells in september last year in good faith that I will be able to run them this year as I used the same sort of battery all year in the national series, now they have been taken off the list. How are the people that fund there own racing able to afford a big outlay like this is going to be if I want to race in the nationals. I am totaly pissed of now beyond words.
consult where you bought them from, thier crystal ball is busted
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
Is this list correct, No GP 3700. Hows that right ?
they were not submitted!!

bring on lipo, for me!!
Old 29-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I know thats the point of the rule change but i bet that theres a new EP cell out there thats over 43mm in length, anyway i'll leave it there and have to fork out for cells, theres nothing i can do about it so theres no point wasting energy ranting about it on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
bring on lipo, for me!!
Very much agreeded with.
Old 29-01-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_smaxx View Post
I am complaining because i wanted by EP's to last half way through 2009 aswell im not doing nationals but i like having legal equipment
As long as you're not doing nationals your cells are perfectly legal, anything on the 2007 list is fine for regionals and then at a local level it's up to your club what they let you use. The new list only affects BRCA national championship racers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
And I'm with Losixxx, if you are a national racer (and if you read the rulebook) you have known about this rule change for 2 years now. The change of rule was still in there last september and it did say all cells had to meet the new smaller dimensions regulations and had to be resubmitted to be legal.

Then again, if you are not a national championship racer the new rules make no difference to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_smaxx View Post
I measured one of my EP cells as soon as its peaked (used for 2 nights a week since end of June) and it measured 43.3xx mm in length so it must be less than 43mm sat normally.
That makes the cell illegal. It must now be no more than 43mm in length at any time during homologation testing, not just when it's fresh off the production line. If they bring out a new cell that's bigger than 43mm it will never be legal.
Old 29-01-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Some of us will still be using old cells from last year not new ones for the nationals, well that was until the list came out and all my cells are now illegal bugger.

Mine too The Wife is going to love the new Batteries she gets for Valentines
Old 29-01-2008

mmm so my GP37's are now illegal, but at least my GP43's are still ok, can I use my GP37's in Practice at nationals and then use the GP43's for the races?
Old 29-01-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrg500 View Post
but at least my GP43's are still ok,
only if theyre 2008 spec
Old 29-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Im not going to debate over it, im just trying to give some understanding to the lads who are in unfortunate position such as Spencer.
Old 29-01-2008

Send a message via MSN to _JP_ Send a message via Skype™ to _JP_

OK I am really confused now

I have GP3700 so I can no longer use them?
What about my GP3300's that I use in 2wd?

I'm talking about nationals and regional meetings.

Yes I know the rule changes have been imminent but at the moment I am not a happy bunny
Old 29-01-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
only if theyre 2008 spec
Oh, so they are illegal as well?
Old 29-01-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
As long as you're not doing nationals your cells are perfectly legal, anything on the 2007 list is fine for regionals and then at a local level it's up to your club what they let you use. The new list only affects BRCA national championship racers.

And I'm with Losixxx, if you are a national racer (and if you read the rulebook) you have known about this rule change for 2 years now. The change of rule was still in there last september and it did say all cells had to meet the new smaller dimensions regulations and had to be resubmitted to be legal.

Then again, if you are not a national championship racer the new rules make no difference to you.

So what happens if you have only been racing offroad for 1 year bought new cells in November, got a F3 grading so can race Nationals, but could now have illegal cells ?
Old 29-01-2008
Mad Member

All the old cells such as 3700s and 3300s are now technically illegal for national championship racing, mainly because they weren't submitted by the manufacturers. I suspect none of them would have problems with the dimension rules, but then it isn't in the manufacturers best interests to keep on submitting old cells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&H Racing View Post
So what happens if you have only been racing offroad for 1 year bought new cells in November, got a F3 grading so can race Nationals, but could now have illegal cells ?
Unfortunately you have to buy new cells for the national meetings. There's no way around it.
Old 29-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I know my cells are good for the regionals and im fine for that, if they wernt or i was doing the national championship then i would buy the new cells at i would deem it worth it but i had considered doing the juniors this year (which i believe is a national therefore would abide by the new cell rules) but now i cant do it because i cant afford the cells for it, kids racing on pocket money do struggle with things like this.