oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
We are open from 10am-6pm to the public

Our contact number at the moment is 01327-855549 for any questions

cheers

Alan Leighton
Moto-Arena events manager
Your flyers say 10am to 10pm weekdays i'm told? ........ which is correct?
Old 31-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotussmart View Post
If you don't you won't get the traffic, you have to grin and bear the flak (believe me last thing I want to do is spend my life typing stuff into forums, i'd rather be on the track racing, but take a look at this thread it's over 13 pages of which 70% are questions with not a single answer coming from the owners. Everything could be answered with a simple website but I actually think this is genius. Keep everyone in the dark and people will chat, speculate and before you know it everyone knows about it because there is no information on it. Brilliant. Notice I haven't posted anything for over a week now! and yesterday we had 124 drivers and I didn't have to spend time telling people about it. :-).

Genius!
You say keeping people in the dark is "Genius" ......... I call it ignorant and irritating. People will soon get bored of asking the same questions and getting no answers. ........... brilliant marketing strategy that eh?
To get the numbers through the door you need to advertise in the mags and all the relevant forums and give people the CORRECT opening times/dates etc.
If there's as much money gone into it as people think then perhaps some if it should have been put aside to hire a decent PR man

Last edited by Smartalec; 01-09-2010 at 07:37 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 31-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
You say keeping people in the dark is "Genius" ......... I call it ignorant and irritating. People will soon get bored of asking the same questions and getting no answers. The Moto Arena website says it's opening soon yet it's already open!!!! ........... brilliant marketing strategy that eh?
To get the numbers through the door you need to advertise in the mags and all the relevant forums and give people the CORRECT opening times/dates etc.
If there's as much money gone into it as people think then perhaps some if it should have been put aside to hire a decent PR man
I think lotussmart was being a shade ironic when he talked about the genius of the marketing... frankly, if it wasn't for the sterling work being put in by the Milton Keynes club, nobody would be using it at all.

I was keen to visit over the weekend (didn't get time in the end), but if it wasn't for this thread on oople I would have never known what was going on at the venue. The website gives no clues at all as to what is happening there. It's glossy, but if it isn't actively updated, it becomes worthless.

And to reference a comment earlier about an indoor dirt track in Bristol... well, speaking as a Bristol resident and an RC enthusiast, how come I had no idea about it? I'd been given a clue 6 months ago on this very forum that something was happening, but where is the promotion for it?
Old 31-08-2010
Mad Member

Has anyone got any pics they can put on here from the Moto Arena opening weekend or any of the racing action indoors or outdoors?

Cheers,

Dan
Old 31-08-2010

Wow... what a thread, just read the whole lot (bored at work).

I'm very interested in this as I live in Northampton, but I am astounded at the negativity. The only people who I could understand being negative about it, as they are just down the road, are the guys at Silverstonercmcc, but they are some of the most positive people in this thread.

I'd class myself as somewhere between a buggy-basher and a racer. I can see the appeal of a track with big jumps and long straights as much as the appeal of a tight, demanding track. I was disappointed to see the Silverstone buggy track had no big jumps when I went there, but still very much enjoyed racing round (till my car fell apart).

I can see myself going there [MA] for a fun drive with my kid, but going to Silverstone buggy club for a more challenging drive. Both have their place.

Is the outdoor track up to spec to hold the World's or Euro's? That would have made sense to me. As far as I've heard, there's nowhere in this country to hold it, and this could be the place to do it.

On the other hand, the tarmac tracks look great.
Kinda makes me want to get a TC now

SilverstoneRCMCC
Old 31-08-2010
Mad Member

I think a lot of the "negativity" comes down to the fact that this place could have been amazing, but from the little bits of info that have emerged it sounds like it will be a bit of a let down.

I live in Northants and the idea of a purpose built venue near me is fantastic, especially with PDA closing and winter on its way. Sadly it sounds like this venue isnt really for racers, especially when you take the membership fee's into account.

I really hope that whoever the backers are for this venture get involved with the racing side, as this is the area that seems to keep people in the hobby. I know loads of people that buy cars, bash them a bit and then get bored and sell them or put them in the loft, hardly repeat business.

This place could be brilliant I just hope they listen to the guys who could make this place a success not only in terms of racing but as a UK mecca for RC....

Not trying to be negative here, just want it to succeed...
Old 31-08-2010

Opening times have been confirmed 10-6 mon-fri with exeptions to race meets and other events.

Don't forget it is an ongoing project, it will be awesome once everything is finalised

I'm sitting on the rostrum for the offroad track as I type
Old 31-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2kompressor View Post
Opening times have been confirmed 8-6 mon-fri with exeptions to race meets and other events.

Don't forget it is an ongoing project, it will be awesome once everything is finalised

Well i've just received the following email:

Mi Matthew,
Thanks for your enquiry, during the week Moto Arena is open from 10am to 10pm and weekends 10am to 6pm, also on a Wednesday evening we are running regular indoor race meetings with Milton Keynes MCC.
You are very welcome to pop in – why don’t you come on Wednesday evening – any time from 5-6pm and get some practice on the indoor track prior to racing in the evening which is £10 (or £5 if you are member).
Look forward to seeing you there!

Kindest regards,
Sylvia Hauser
pro - Moto arena drivers club silverstone

http://www.motoarenadriversclub.com/

AMAZING!!!

Last edited by mattybucks; 31-08-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: contact number
Old 31-08-2010

X313, I would disagree

I think the place is amazing, however it is still struggling on how to promote itself. I believe this to be a result of the breakneck speed that this facility has been created and that over the coming weeks a more regulated marketing strategy will emerge.

As a club we (MKRCTC) have raced there for a few Sunday's and Wednesday's now and while there are still some teething problems we are working through I'm confident that as winter approaches (horrible thing to remind everyone of at the beginning of September) the yearning for high speed tamac racing in warm and dry conditions will see an upsurge in people coming to race with us.

As for catering for racers, I've been in touch with both the BRCA and STCC organisers regarding MKRCTC as a host club for rounds for the 2011 season and I'm sure we will be talking to Schumacher about a round of the BTCC as well.

Although I have no involvement with the overall facility (MKRCTC are a tenant for all intents and purposes) I'm sure they would be happy to talk to any other club/s regarding making use of their facility (indoor electric / outdoor nitro or the off road track). After all, Moto-Arena has all these great facilities and it would be a waste not to use them!

Dave Treacy
Chairman - MKRCTC
Old 31-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Treacy View Post
X313, I would disagree

I think the place is amazing, however it is still struggling on how to promote itself. I believe this to be a result of the breakneck speed that this facility has been created and that over the coming weeks a more regulated marketing strategy will emerge.

As a club we (MKRCTC) have raced there for a few Sunday's and Wednesday's now and while there are still some teething problems we are working through I'm confident that as winter approaches (horrible thing to remind everyone of at the beginning of September) the yearning for high speed tamac racing in warm and dry conditions will see an upsurge in people coming to race with us.

As for catering for racers, I've been in touch with both the BRCA and STCC organisers regarding MKRCTC as a host club for rounds for the 2011 season and I'm sure we will be talking to Schumacher about a round of the BTCC as well.

Although I have no involvement with the overall facility (MKRCTC are a tenant for all intents and purposes) I'm sure they would be happy to talk to any other club/s regarding making use of their facility (indoor electric / outdoor nitro or the off road track). After all, Moto-Arena has all these great facilities and it would be a waste not to use them!

Dave Treacy
Chairman - MKRCTC
Dave have they got space for an indoor off road track?
Old 31-08-2010

Slight edit to Matt's post from Sylvia....

Entry fees for Wednesday evening racing are £6 members, £8 non-members.

Drivers tend to arrive from about 6 for open practice, booking in with Chris P (assuming neither Ian or I are not there) around 7:15 with the first heat at 7:30. Aim to finish by 10...

Dave
Old 31-08-2010

Matty,

Sorry, no space for an indoor off road track...unless they go the whole hog and bring in a couple of tons of dirt and convert the on road track which I can only see happening for a major event it at all.

Dave
Old 31-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Treacy View Post
Matty,

Sorry, no space for an indoor off road track...unless they go the whole hog and bring in a couple of tons of dirt and convert the on road track which I can only see happening for a major event it at all.

Dave

What about carpet or astro with a few sections of tarmac with some jumps, a few bumpy sections, which can all be removed and put away after every meeting?
Old 31-08-2010

That's something to discuss with Alan Leighton, but I can't see any reason why not...they have storage space so if you can make it modular it can be taken out and put away as required.

Some wooden ramps, a couple of rolls of astroturf...seems like a great idea!
Old 31-08-2010

You know thats not such a stupid idea... winter's coming, buggy drivers need something to.... Nothing wrong with the circuit as laid out.... cover it with carpet, few jumps, rumble strips, slippery sections... what have we then got..... a Petit RC at Maritime type track.

Make it a a saturday thing and it could be a winner.

Truman... make it so.
Old 31-08-2010
Mad Member

Dave,

I should point out my interest is purely in 1/10th off road, not trying to knock what you guys are doing with the TC's..

As I said, my thoughts are based purely on the info that has come out so far, I really hope that I am wrong and if so I will happily come over and break my car somewhere new...
Old 31-08-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2kompressor View Post
Opening times have been confirmed 10-6 mon-fri with exeptions to race meets and other events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
Well i've just received the following email:

Mi Matthew,
Thanks for your enquiry, during the week Moto Arena is open from 10am to 10pm and weekends 10am to 6pm, also on a Wednesday evening we are running regular indoor race meetings with Milton Keynes MCC.
You are very welcome to pop in – why don’t you come on Wednesday evening – any time from 5-6pm and get some practice on the indoor track prior to racing in the evening which is £10 (or £5 if you are member).
Look forward to seeing you there!

Kindest regards,
Sylvia Hauser
pro - Moto arena drivers club silverstone

http://www.motoarenadriversclub.com/

AMAZING!!!
unfortunatly sylvia seem to be making a few errors in facts
Old 31-08-2010

I think just some confusion with weds (mktcc) and the rest of the week,
not a real issue is it.
Over the last 2 days we have had meetings to address all teething problems, that's why the venue has had a soft launch.
Advertising is in the pipeline as well as finishing the offroad and nitro tracks for the grand opening day on the 10th
Old 31-08-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

im back at for on 20 21 22, might try to get down again.
Old 01-09-2010

Mark, if you go down there sit down with Alan or Grant and tell them what you nitro guys want. Tell them how you guys enter events, where to look for events and book in etc. Tell them you want the rostrum moved, if you do. Best to go next to the MA arena I think. Explain that the track is too small in places and the pits needs altering. I’m sure if you sell it to them they will change it for you. In return they may want to see several nitro events down there, perhaps not 1/8th but definitely 1/10th