Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 06-02-2012

Default Why ??

How come Durango is so behind when it comes to sparepart stock ?

This is driving me away from the brand, i've race for may years ago, and back in the days, if a brand could not deliver spares for their product, people simply walked away from the brand.

I love my 410, i've run the HB D4WCE for 1 season, and had to cancel the car due to lack of sparepart availabilllity, so i bought the Durango, and at the moment wonder if i should wait with a 4wd til TLR releases their new one, because i hate inch screws, so no B44 for me.

the Tamiya 511, and my TLR XX4WCE i am afraid the belt system will break.

So anyone with insight to Durango, they need to look closer into the spare and what they call hop-ups parts.
Old 06-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

what spares are you needing?

in my own personal experience I haven't needed any spares. in 13 months of racing I've replaced 2 wishbones and a shock tower. Both I've never seen out of stock... The only other parts I've replaced are driveshafts which have worn out.
Old 06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post

in my own personal experience I haven't needed any spares. in 13 months of racing I've replaced 2 wishbones and a shock tower. Both I've never seen out of stock... The only other parts I've replaced are driveshafts which have worn out.
For example in Portugal don't have spares for DEX210 and the 410 V3 don't have in stock cars for sale and some spares

For my DESC410 it's very dificulty to buye spares for my personal stock

Is a shame to the Team Durango, I know many people in Portugal with the cars stopped for lack of material

I have two team durango and when you have to stop for not having material to repair the cars will have to change brands, many people like me start to think the same
Old 06-02-2012

Where is the problem?
Change and have fun.
Next TLR will have no inch screws.
Old 06-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

As I understand it, with the DEX210 and 410 V3 demand for new kits is so high Durango's factory is working full time churning kits out, and hasn't had time to make spare parts.
Whilst thats frustrating if you own and broke one, its understandable from Durango's point of view. New kit sales are more important, and if they don't supply people will get something else.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 07-02-2012

Thought i read some were the durango gets made in a factory the also makes 3-4 other brands (kingstar ?) so has to share production time,not sure if thats 100% true.
I also think the popularity of the dex410 was much more than expected causing a shortage in parts as well as kits.

Biggest pain to me is my kit has parts missing and faulty parts straight from the factory. contacted durango its been nearly a month and still no parts as they dont have stock
Old 07-02-2012

Lets just hope things get better I'm sure they will have things sorted shortly, Fingers crossed

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...hlight=matthew

Old 07-02-2012

Quote:

We can begin with simple things as the front inner hingepin, mine is bend, thank god i can strip my desc for parts, but should not have to.

then we can say the kuhler body, how made can be made in just 1 working day in a factory, or are they sitting in a kitchen making them one by one ?

the HD ballcups.. same as the kuhler body, how many can be produced in just 1 day ?

lots of the screws going into the chassies.

Thats just for starters, but as you directly saw in the other comments, it is NOT just me who believes this is a great shame for Durango that they do not sort this.

I have not seen any other car that is so raw and powerfull as the durango, but i need the spares, i am not a gentle driver, i know that, i even broke the rear gear box holder, due to too much raw power

Lets hope they sort this before the summer season begins, as i am beginning to look at the DEX210 instead of my TLR 22.
Old 07-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...45mm-2pcs.html
6 in stock
Old 07-02-2012

Same problem here in germany. Our distributor only has about a handfull of parts in stock. Kits are most of the time on back order and its seems that he gets only 4 or 5 at once.

For the DEX210 are also no parts available. Not even springs or the new gear diff...

But even more strange and/or funny is the fact that a hobbyshop run by Gerd Strenge himself has almost no parts in stock.

All in all no wonder that hobbico bought them. After designer Michael Vollmer left and the "managment" of durango is not able to secure the production and availabilty of parts...
Old 07-02-2012

I am having big issues with parts support here in the states as well. Two of my buddies gave up on their Rangos. I have to rely on outside fixes for my 210, and my 410 I pray I don't break anything, although parts are trickling in for the 410.

210 key parts: gear cover, gearbox, new batch of HD ball cups, Diff ring, Hub knuckle set (use to get now hard to find). Bodies?......

Anyway I know some Durango guys come on here now and then, I wish I could get their insight.
Old 07-02-2012

In Spain, the same problem with Durango distribuitor. No spares in stock.
Old 07-02-2012

Similar situation for me. Been running a 410 since last summer with zero broken parts. Just a drive shaft change due to wear. In that time I've built up an extensive amount of spares and haven't struggled to find stock.

I'm now running a 210 and essential bits such as towers and arms seem to be in good stock in the UK. I'm confident that all the parts I'd need to keep the car racing are available.

Quote:

Old 07-02-2012

This is really not sounding to good for durango not sure if im doing the rite thing by having 1 plus waiting all this time is it worth it if I can't get spare, I'm bound to break it

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...hlight=matthew

Old 07-02-2012

I"ve found that breaking a Durango is very difficult. Hang on in there for that 410, you won't be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew View Post
This is really not sounding to good for durango not sure if im doing the rite thing by having 1 plus waiting all this time is it worth it if I can't get spare, I'm bound to break it
Old 08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn28 View Post
I"ve found that breaking a Durango is very difficult. Hang on in there for that 410, you won't be disappointed.
I agree with you, it is difficult to break, but it does happen, and sure it's a drivers fault, i have not said that it is poor quality, because it isen't, but here in Sweden it is very difficult to find spares for the Durangos.
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

I only see the problem the last few months where they've been putting out a few fairly big releases, like the DEX210. I had to wait for... about 4 months to get an original DEX210 wing because I drilled the wrong holes first time around (small problem I know, but it was pretty annoying nonetheless).

However, if it's in stock online, I don't see the problem. Stock the most important spares and the comsumables at home and make sure you know an (online) store where to get other spares when you think you might need them. With any car I'm driving I've always had trouble getting spares from the LHS, so nowadays I pretty much order online only: UK if I need things quickly, US for SC truck stuff and HK for cheapness and if the orders can take a little longer to arrive...
Old 08-02-2012

I can really understand how this situation is driving people away from the brand. I'm running a DEX210 myself and I really like how easy to control but super fast this car performs. But it's so annoying that you can't get any parts for these cars... I know, they're hard to break and I consider myself as a "clean" driver but anyway - we all know, sh*t happens and racing a car that has almost no parts support simply doesn't feel good.
Since I can get Schumacher Parts very easy (german distributor only a few minutes drive away), I guess the Cougar SV2 might be an adequate replacement for my DEX... Oh boy...
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

I'd just like to be able to get the parts to improve my 410r beyond the kit standard.
things like the brass rear weight, the rear wheel hexes, aluminium servo horn, V3 body shell etc etc
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiixx View Post
but here in Sweden it is very difficult to find spares for the Durangos.
I buy barely any spares in Sweden, either UK or US based is just as easy. And they tend to have more stock.

Sometimes takes half a dozen tries at various shops until i get one that is actually in stock......... but then, the saving over swedish prices can be worth it