Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Surrey & Hants RCCC

Old 03-06-2013

Default Team support and a steel pinion gears

Guys

Just wanted to say thanks for the support yesterday at the regional, especially to:

Oly - for working on the opposite end of the xb4 as I worked on the other end trying to get it ready for practise, general assistance throughout the day and being a sounding board as I got the general ar$e as things kept breaking

Stu - for recreated lay setting my pinion and spur gear meshing, loan of a soldering iron, etc

Duncan - for soldering up my new motor in what was essentially one smoke break. Great job done and in a really impressive time

Neil - for general coaching support and calming me down enough to stay on target to race

James - for getting me out of tricky situations like rounded off pinion's grub screws and reminding me its just toy cars and we are here to have a laugh

The Westwoods - for track advice and (sorry guys can't remember if it was Jay or Glenn) for which brand of motor to select

Chris - for the spare wish bone

Sam - for a few tweaks to the car

Shaun - for a myriad of little of things throughout the day

It all really helped and I think is testament to the strength of the club so thanks folks

As a follow up - where does everyone get their steel pinions from? Everywhere I am searching seems to only have alloy ones and they were giving me no end of headaches yesterday
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc
Old 03-06-2013
SHRCCC Legend

Google for RW Racing they do steel. Buy them direct or via Apex Models.

I do believe we have a great spirit within the clubs drivers and that the banter and humour did, officially, sink to an all time low