Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 19-11-2012

Just finished the diff and got the rear bulkhead on the chassis Loving it. Took me a few minutes to work out why I had to put 3mm grub screws in the outer link holes on the bulkhead, but a clever idea
Old 19-11-2012
No trade access

Don't forget to use long ballstuds on the rear bulkead, even some nut or you'll break it
Old 19-11-2012

Just to detract from all the positive comments.... I haven't seen one that's handled well in very low grip conditions and this includes some very high level drivers. I was so close to buying one and I'm really glad I didn't.
Old 20-11-2012
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoiwebb View Post
Just to detract from all the positive comments.... I haven't seen one that's handled well in very low grip conditions and this includes some very high level drivers. I was so close to buying one and I'm really glad I didn't.
really cause thats were they excel,
Old 20-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
So for super low grip with a 2wd buggy what would you go for? I don't remember any rear drive car that is very good in low grip. Tbh I've deffo had worse cars in poor conditions. It's early days for setups and chassis tuning I'd say.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 20-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Don't forget to use long ballstuds on the rear bulkead, even some nut or you'll break it
Can I use the short ones in the hubs?
Old 20-11-2012

Quote:
Compared to what?
Old 20-11-2012

Compared to whatever the rest of the cars there were, the usual suspects of centros, durangos, various Vegas and a 1980s rc10. I only posted cos everybody that owns one and posts on oople says they're absolutely the best 2wd they've ever driven, then say "well it's early days yet with set up" when somebody makes an observation. I'm sure a good set up will be found over time, I know some are modding the rear wishbones to get more weight over the rear and playing around with other bits, but at the moment, I remain unimpressed. I like kyosho as well, which is frustrating.
Old 20-11-2012
Mad Member

This does suprise me.. this car is awesome..has loads of rear grip.. and ive never struggled with lack of it!

Worksop and Chadderton.. the car is perfect and they aint the grippiest of surfaces..

The RB6 in my mind has everything... ive tried and run different cars over the last 12 months and always went back to my old MCS... but now since ive had the RB6, ive retired my MCS to a shelf queen as the RB6 is now 1st choice.

You need to drive one yourself and stick with it how it comes out of the box, dont change shocks to the small bores.. as the Big Bores are in my mind the way to go.. Ive heard that others have tried them without success.

You say about modding rear wishbones?? you can adjust wheelbase both inboard or outboard, so should be no need to modding wishbones?

If your looking for set up advice etc, send me a pm, or indeed point the people who are struggling my way!

Cheers
Nick
Old 20-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Last time out at Kidderminster my car was simply amazing in low grip, indoors on slippery floor it's always been something special too.

On Sunday my car had more rear end grip than I knew what to do with in practice then for the last minute or so it seemed to go and remained gone all day.
Tried Adam's after the finals and his car was good.

Once I had got some perscription pain killers back in me (left them at work on friday, couldn't even hold a driver properly on Sunday let alone work on the car much) I found the reason why. Seems that the legendary Kyosho plastics quality had caught me out.

Just before the car started feeling different at the end of practice I had been smashed good and hard by another car (which broke apart like an eggshell) and my RB6 just rolled on, seems that the impact was enough to bend both rear shafts and 3 out of the 4 rear hinge pins!!! Any other brand of car would have exploded with such an impact in such cold conditions but in true Kyosho fashion the RB6 barely showed a scratch.
If it had of broken I would have taken it apart and found the bent shafts & hinge pins and carried on having more grip than you would know what to do with, comparatively speaking of course.

Is it possible for a car to be too strong???

As I said to you on Sunday Andy I knew SOMETHING had to be wrong as the car has always been awesome in low grip. If you ever want a drive of mine just ask!

Anybody wants a really good slippery setup just shout (note I say really good not beyond physics, the limit is always going to be the tires ability to grip).
I believe a simple increase in front droop would take this setup to the next level so will be trying that next time out.

Best part is that the difference between this and the super high grip astro / carpet setup is just a few minutes work!! Now that is impressive.

I will try to get it up on Petit ASAP.
Old 20-11-2012

Quote:
Compared to whatever the rest of the cars there were, the usual suspects of centros, durangos, various Vegas and a 1980s rc10. I only posted cos everybody that owns one and posts on oople says they're absolutely the best 2wd they've ever driven, then say "well it's early days yet with set up" when somebody makes an observation. I'm sure a good set up will be found over time, I know some are modding the rear wishbones to get more weight over the rear and playing around with other bits, but at the moment, I remain unimpressed. I like kyosho as well, which is frustrating.
so help us to help you?
what track are you having problems with?
what surface and setup are you using ??
and who is it thats modding wishbones to get grip?
i just cant see any of what your saying, matthew my son has been running the car for the last 5-6 weeks and loves it, it works better at the mo on llow grip so how you can say it doesnt baffles me?
Old 20-11-2012

No, I haven't got one. I did want one and almost bought one, so I've been studying them intently everywhere I've been, hoping to see them really kick some ass. I haven't yet, hence my disappointment. I want to see them go well and I'm sure they will in time.
Old 20-11-2012
Mad Member

Confusing. Take it from those of us who have come from different cars. Its a great car mate. Ive only been out twice with mine, and all I've done to improve it was go up 5wt on my rear shocks from where I started. I'm not sure what you expect from a car, but they all need to be driven well to succeed. I've never seen one come straight out of the box and dominate everything as you appear to expect? As said before, the only way you'll know if its for you or not would be to try one. Plenty of offers on here for a quick blast I'm sure.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 20-11-2012

So lets be apart of the solution and not the problem, order one up and get running around right and share the setups..

Also if anyone is having slight traction issues, removing the screws from side guards will pick that up..
Old 20-11-2012

Quote:
No, I haven't got one. I did want one and almost bought one, so I've been studying them intently everywhere I've been, hoping to see them really kick some ass. I haven't yet, hence my disappointment. I want to see them go well and I'm sure they will in time.
so do tell were you are seeing these not go well
cause every were ive been my lads been in the top ten so far with it low and high grip, we came from schumacher and i was against the change
how the heck you can comment as you have done without driving one is way beyond me
Old 20-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
how the heck you can comment as you have done without driving one is way beyond me
Pot, meet kettle!
Old 20-11-2012

Oh, I thought I was allowed to make an observation, clearly not, I apologise. The rb6 is clearly above any form of criticism or comment, especially if I haven't driven one.
Old 20-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonky View Post
Pot, meet kettle!
difference is I'm wrenching on the said car and see the results, so not a idol observer trying to put people of a new car thats not done anything with it kettle meet black pot
Old 20-11-2012

Quote:
Oh, I thought I was allowed to make an observation, clearly not, I apologise. The rb6 is clearly above any form of criticism or comment, especially if I haven't driven one.
your comments are fine
but you havent answered one question yet
ie
what drivers sorry top drivers
whos modding wishbones to make them grip
what tracks
Old 20-11-2012

Quote:
We dont feel that your observations are justifyed though, i've driven a few rb6's now and it's like looking at a double rainbow. You mention you had a vega?, well i was at kiddie the other day watching a ok driver mark hall go round with his, and he struggled to go around corners and keep it in a straight line, even to the point where i thought a 3 yr old was driving the car.
does this make the vega rubbish?, no it was just a case of poor setup and bad driving.