Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 09-02-2013
Mad Member

Default East of England 2013 Regionals

As there is growing interest in club members taking part in the regional series I have made the following guide of the main things I think you need to know:- It's designed to keep you on the straight and narrow and make sure you have everything you need for a good days racing.

The regional website, including host club information is:
www.brca-eoe.co.uk/

Pre-booking is required for all events which can be done at:
www.brca-eoe.co.uk/#/book-in/4548233620

You need to be a member of the BRCA:
www.brca.org

Joining the BRCA:
www.brca.org/?q=content/how/9641

Your batteries and motors need to have been homologated by the BRCA and be on one of the following lists. This is for safety reasons and helps keep things competitive between racers. There are some bargains to be had from some model shops should you need batteries or motors for 2013 so shop around.
www.brca.org/index.php?q=content/homologation-lists-2013-updates/14218

The rules are quite extensive as listed here:
http://www.brca.org/index.php?q=cont...13-rules/18573

In essence if you car hasn't been modified by making your own parts, your batteries are on the homologation list, you have your PT and your a member of the BRCA you have everything you need to take part in the Regional Championships.

I have copied what I consider the main rules below, but you should abide by them all!

15.14 A penalty will be applied to any driver that enters or leaves the rostrum whilst a Heat or Final is in progress, unless instructed to do so by an official. Race ‘in progress’ is clarified as from :- ‘when the first car is started (all cars in Finals)’ to ‘the race is declared over’.

16. MARSHALLING REQUIREMENTS
16.1 Drivers will be expected to marshal during the race event. Failure to agree to this request, will be deemed as a voluntary withdrawal of that driver’s entry from the event. Having agreed to perform marshalling duties, drivers can incur marshalling penalties.
16.2 Penalties will be applied by the Referees for poor marshalling, late marshalling or failure to marshal

23.3 The dimensions must conform to the following:-
Maximum length - 460mm inc. bumpers
Maximum width - 250mm at any point of suspension travel in a vertical plane.
Minimum weight - 1474grams for 2WD, 1588grams for 4WD complete and ready to race. The minimum weight(s) include fixed Personal Transponder but exclude Auto-powered (hand-out) Transponder. A maximum of two wings can be used: one at front, one at rear. Maximum wing sizes are :- Front – 127.0 mm wide with a chord of 63.5 mm max. Rear -- 177.8 mm wide with a chord of 76.2 mm max. Wing side-dams :- Height 50 mm max., length 100 mm max.

25.6 LiPo/LiFe drive batteries must be charged in a ‘Closed Lipo sack’ at all times.
LiPo sack is defined as a receptacle designed for the purpose of charging LiPo/LiFe batteries and of a suitable construction as to contain a LiPo/LiFe fire

General Race day information (may be subject to change and local club variation so check the East of England thread)

All events will be run with three rounds of qualifying and three leg finals.

The type of qualifying will be chosen on the day and could be round by round or FTQ - check the rules for definition.

Schedule of the day is as follows and taken from the East of England Section:
Booking in from 7.30-8.15
Drivers briefing 8.30
First heat start 8.45
Final's to start around 1.30 with a small presentaion afterwards
With the exception of Coastal, where we are not allowed down the lane until 9:00am.

If you are on a budget with tires I would recommend you have: Schumacher Yellow Mini Spikes and Schumacher Yellow Stagger Ribs for the dry and Ballistic Buggy Green Spikes and Schumacher Green Mini Spikes for the wet. These are likely to work at all venues, but other compounds and makes may be quicker on the day.

REGIONALS ARE ALL ABOUT HAVING FUN.

DON'T BE AFFRAID TO ASK IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT SOMETHING.

GOOD LUCK FOR THE 2013 SEASON

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 09-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
As there is growing interest in club members taking part in the regional series I have made the following guide of the main things I think you need to know:- It's designed to keep you on the straight and narrow and make sure you have everything you need for a good days racing.

The regional website, including host club information is:
www.brca-eoe.co.uk/

Pre-booking is required for all events which can be done at:
www.brca-eoe.co.uk/#/book-in/4548233620

You need to be a member of the BRCA:
www.brca.org

Joining the BRCA:
www.brca.org/?q=content/how/9641

Your batteries and motors need to have been homologated by the BRCA and be on one of the following lists. This is for safety reasons and helps keep things competitive between racers. There are some bargains to be had from some model shops should you need batteries or motors for 2013 so shop around.
www.brca.org/index.php?q=content/homologation-lists-2013-updates/14218

The rules are quite extensive as listed here:
http://www.brca.org/index.php?q=cont...13-rules/18573

In essence if you car hasn't been modified by making your own parts, your batteries are on the homologation list, you have your PT and your a member of the BRCA you have everything you need to take part in the Regional Championships.

I have copied what I consider the main rules below, but you should abide by them all!

15.14 A penalty will be applied to any driver that enters or leaves the rostrum whilst a Heat or Final is in progress, unless instructed to do so by an official. Race ‘in progress’ is clarified as from :- ‘when the first car is started (all cars in Finals)’ to ‘the race is declared over’.

16. MARSHALLING REQUIREMENTS
16.1 Drivers will be expected to marshal during the race event. Failure to agree to this request, will be deemed as a voluntary withdrawal of that driver’s entry from the event. Having agreed to perform marshalling duties, drivers can incur marshalling penalties.
16.2 Penalties will be applied by the Referees for poor marshalling, late marshalling or failure to marshal

23.3 The dimensions must conform to the following:-
Maximum length - 460mm inc. bumpers
Maximum width - 250mm at any point of suspension travel in a vertical plane.
Minimum weight - 1474grams for 2WD, 1588grams for 4WD complete and ready to race. The minimum weight(s) include fixed Personal Transponder but exclude Auto-powered (hand-out) Transponder. A maximum of two wings can be used: one at front, one at rear. Maximum wing sizes are :- Front – 127.0 mm wide with a chord of 63.5 mm max. Rear -- 177.8 mm wide with a chord of 76.2 mm max. Wing side-dams :- Height 50 mm max., length 100 mm max.

25.6 LiPo/LiFe drive batteries must be charged in a ‘Closed Lipo sack’ at all times.
LiPo sack is defined as a receptacle designed for the purpose of charging LiPo/LiFe batteries and of a suitable construction as to contain a LiPo/LiFe fire

General Race day information (may be subject to change and local club variation so check the East of England thread)
All events will be run with three rounds of qualifying and three leg finals.

The type of qualifying will be chosen on the day and could be round by round or FTQ - check the rules for definition.

Gates normally open from 8:00am with an aim to start qualifying at 10am.

If you are on a budget with tires I would recommend you have: Schumacher Yellow Mini Spikes and Schumacher Yellow Stagger Ribs for the dry and Ballistic Buggy Green Spikes and Schumacher Green Mini Spikes for the wet. These are likely to work at all venues, but other compounds and makes may be quicker on the day.

REGIONALS ARE ALL ABOUT HAVING FUN.

DON'T BE AFFRAID TO ASK IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT SOMETHING.

GOOD LUCK FOR THE 2013 SEASON
Thanks Jonathan for putting this up we are trying to do all of them this year!

Tamiya plasma Edge, Madfighter, Mad rat, X-pro, TLR Losi 22.

EoE regional Junior championship.
Old 09-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:

Gates normally open from 8:00am with an aim to start qualifying at 10am.
All good stuff Jon, although at Coastal peeps should aim to get there for 9am unless Barry says otherwise closer to the day, there is an old bag who lives in one of the houses up the lane to the track that gets a bit grumpy if we go past too early.
Old 09-02-2013

Cheers Jcb

That's already answered a load of questions for me
Old 27-02-2013

Default Regionals Booking in open!

http://www.brca-eoe.co.uk/#/book-in/4548233620

Link above to book in, you will need to register (if you've not done so) and have a BRCA number.
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 27-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonW View Post
http://www.brca-eoe.co.uk/#/book-in/4548233620

Link above to book in, you will need to register (if you've not done so) and have a BRCA number.
we dont need to book in etc for boughton do we? they seemed pretty relaxed last yr (similar to nbc)
Old 27-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_TLR View Post
we dont need to book in etc for boughton do we? they seemed pretty relaxed last yr (similar to nbc)

You have to book-in for ALL REGIONAL events, which would include Boughton. This is so the host club and regional rep can prepare a heat list in advance.

Last year Boughton ran a summer series, where you could just turn up on the day.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

Old 27-02-2013

Quote:
You have to book-in for ALL REGIONAL events, which would include Boughton. This is so the host club and regional rep can prepare a heat list in advance.

Last year Boughton ran a summer series, where you could just turn up on the day.
apologies, this is what I meant. if I attend their summer series, will I have to book in etc or can I just turn up again?

ta
Old 27-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_TLR View Post
apologies, this is what I meant. if I attend their summer series, will I have to book in etc or can I just turn up again?

ta

No idea on that one. Best bet is probably to post something in the Boughton club section.

Old 24-03-2013

Hello North-Folk

Just a quick one to let you know regional pre-booking is closing tomorrow. And if you're 'thinking' about it, best to get your names down anyway. I know the weather of late is shocking, but it would be more favourable to book in and, if you're not keen because of the weather or resurrection fever, cancel on Friday than do the opposite.

See ya'll next week for glorious Easter Monday sunshine, blue skies and 18-20oC weather!
Old 25-03-2013
Mad Member

Hey guys and girls, the first regional at Eastrax is only a week away and there is the equivalent of over 80 drivers booked in over the three classes of 2wd, 4wd and Short Course.

Please note that I have amended the time schedule for the regionals as per Colin's post in the East of England section:

Booking in from 7.30-8.15
Drivers briefing 8.30
First heat start 8.45
Final's to start around 1.30 with a small presentaion afterwards

Please make sure you are on time!!