Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 13-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

A bit more digging for you. he was trying to sell this a while back but did not make reserve so still may be running it. Someone may recognise the shell.

How long ago did you sell it
Old 13-02-2013

hyper 7 pre painted shell?

probably the most common 1/8th shell you can get
Old 13-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Put it down to experience buddy. Its annoying but its not life changing so dont let it get you down too. You will have forgotten about the money within a few weeks. Give the guy a few days to reply then as others have said, just name and shame him if all else fails.

See My Feedback

Old 13-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigbunt View Post
hyper 7 pre painted shell?

probably the most common 1/8th shell you can get
Yes but run by a lad from stoke on trent called matt with a wife called kirsty and that transmitter.
Old 13-02-2013

Hi I'm from stoke name doesn't ring a bell but ill put the word out none the less.

I was scammed this time last year by a guy from the USA..not rc related by the way..it was signed for and he said I'd sent to wrong address(he changed the house no after id posted)gave PayPal all the info and they just gave him his money back.i was fuming...
Good luck...!!!
Old 13-02-2013

He has checked his emails because he swears blind he has replied to PayPal but they have no record. As per the constructive criticism, I don't know how many more times I can say I was stupid, please don't remind me anymore. I am trying to save you guys some grief by reminding you not to take a chance.
It is a very unusual situation because the dispute was seemingly instigated by PayPal themselves and not the seller, however that does to change the fact that if he reuses to respond to the verification email they find in his favour and I lose the money.
Old 13-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbd500 View Post
He has checked his emails because he swears blind he has replied to PayPal but they have no record. As per the constructive criticism, I don't know how many more times I can say I was stupid, please don't remind me anymore. I am trying to save you guys some grief by reminding you not to take a chance.
It is a very unusual situation because the dispute was seemingly instigated by PayPal themselves and not the seller, however that does to change the fact that if he reuses to respond to the verification email they find in his favour and I lose the money.
Send him a new paypal invoice with the reason. He now knows he has been refunded so he knows he owes you the money.
Old 13-02-2013

Wow glad i do not use it

Tamiya plasma Edge, Madfighter, Mad rat, X-pro, TLR Losi 22.

EoE regional Junior championship.
Old 13-02-2013

Further to my previous post here is a revised time line with all facts included..

Buyer wants engine, cannot check out immediate payment
I end item and invoice seller for 2 payments of 37.50 as requested
Buyer sends £90 in 9 £10 payments
Funds show in my account, PayPal reccomend me to email buyer to confirm authenticity as there was no address on payment.
I send email which is immediatly replied to
I transfer funds to bank account
I post engine next morning
I receive email from PayPal later that day saying the transaction looks suspicious
Funds are frozen but have already landed in my bank account is I am left with a a negative balance
PayPal are waiting for buyer to confirm he authorised payments
Buyer claims he has, pp have no record, I phoned them twice
Buyer is unwilling to resolve by phone to paypal
PayPal state if the buyer does not respond I lose the money. ( seems crazy)

Thanks for all your emails, nice to know there are guys to ask for advice.
I know It's not the end of the world but as the cheeky git said I sent him a faulty item coz he could not start a new tight engine has made this particularly frustrating.
Old 13-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I can understand why you sent it mate, if money has cleared and the item is shown as immediate dispatch with the sad no life people out there you can get negative feedback at the drop of a hat and once you have negative feedback people see it no matter how stupid the reason is. If your not really clued up on ebay and paypal it's an easy mistake to make, I would and so would many others, thats the thing most scammers use, trust

The thing that would ring alarm bells with me is why with paypal you would send £90 in 9payments for a £75 item, I don't get it, you can send exact amounts with paypal. I wonder if the £90 was coming from one place (maybe stolen account details, card etc), and the refund was going to another, thus making him £90 cash in an account + he now has your engine Also there is nothing to correspond the payments to the engine,Did he pay with the invoice?

He could also be saying the item is faulty as an excuse should ebay paypal put pressure on him, which I doubt they will

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 13-02-2013

why is it 2 payments of 37.50?

was it 9 x times from the same account?

sounds like these payments shouldn't be linked to the ebay item... its more paypay looking for payments that dont look right, if paypal refund the cash you could open a case on the buyer for non paying the best your going to get is your fee's returned. also there some new features on ebay you can report buyers now might be worth looking in to that.
Old 13-02-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbd500 View Post
That's where you can do everyone the biggest favor by posting his name and address, being as someone that would pull that kind of scam and go to such great lengths to do so is just as likely to make up another fleabay account.
Old 13-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
I can understand why you sent it mate, if money has cleared
As painful as it is for me, I must agree with GofasterGimley.

I send as soon as I get the 'you've got funds' mail.

Hope you get a resolution, or at the very least, the goods back from the executors of his will.
Old 13-02-2013

The guy said he had a problem with his PayPal account as he had spent a lot of money in one day and It would not let him pay the full amount in one go so he asked me to end the item off ebay and he said he would try to send the money in 2 lumps which sounded reasonable ( maybe PayPal had a £ 50 limit or something) but he sent the money in tens, he said he was adding a fiver to cover fees but he got confused, he sent 9 10's by mistake. I received the money, sent the item the next day it got on paypals radar as a suspicious transaction and they froze it, not the seller but if he won't confirm the payments were authorised by him,PayPal will not give me the money, I have lost it. He said he has replied but PayPal have no record of a reply. Very unusual case. Or fairly sophisticated long winded way of getting your money back, the guy has flawless feedback which helped me to believe his story. Also I had the wrong attitude of "the money's in my account now so they can't take it back even if there is a problem" but it just so happened I neede to pay overdue eBay fees and when I paid them PayPal automatically took the negative balance from my bank account tacked onto the sum of the eBay fees, they are some cheeky bastards, I wish someone would create a better rival to eBay and PayPal as they are the only show in town and we have to bend over and take it. I could to believe it when stopped sellers from leaving true feedback for buyers years ago, they certainly protect the c**ts of this world who can just win an item and decide they do no want it but that is a whole another thread.
Old 14-02-2013

Unfortunately this is another case of buyer protection gone too far by the looks of it tho

I agree both buyer and seller do need protection tho but it seems PayPal have gone too far towards the buyer now

But let's face it te state of the world when you need this level of protection instead o just honesty.

Is it possible that the eBay account is hacked (might give a reason for posative feedback)