Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Three Counties Radio Controlled Motorsport Club

Old 09-05-2013
Mad Member

Default Club Update

Hi All,

I thought i'd just write a quick post to let our members know what the committee have been doing, and provide a bit of an update.

As you know we are lucky enough to have two venues’s which give the club the flexibility of running both indoors and outdoors (dependant on the good old British weather).

The committee's main focus has been the outdoor venue, and all our spare time has been spent making improvements to the venue and track. Over recent weeks we have incorporated a large amount of drainage, as well as building some permanent features in preparation for this year’s outdoor season.

The work is on-going, and now that the club has been able to source a sufficient amount of Astroturf to cover the new features the track work will be completed in time for the next round of the summer series on the 26 May 2013, and pictures of the finished track will be posted shortly.

As you know we have two very important meetings this year, a 4wd Mid South regional on the 14 July, and a round of the SC National on the 21 July. We would encourage all members to enter these meetings. Not only to boost numbers but to enjoy/experience the atmosphere that the bigger meetings can bring.

One of the biggest changes has been the fact that we now have 2 tracks at the outdoor venue I have un-officially named this the "180" track (it took me ages to come up with that), as it's on top of the mound which allows for an amazing amount of drainage, and we can still make full use of our amazing rostrum.

Now that summer is officially here the Club will be making full use of the outdoor venue. We will be holding regular fortnightly meetings at our fantastic outdoor venue with the first meeting being on Wednesday 15 May 2013. The entry fee for our midweek outdoor meetings is £5.00 for members and £7.00 for non-members. Classes are 2wd, 4wd, Short Course Trucks, as well as Stadium Trucks (which seem to be gaining popularity again, are amazing fun and is something that Matt Owen is championing so we will support him in that).

Lastly, I would like to thank the rest of the committee for sacrificing a lot of there spare time, as well as all the people who have supported the club recently, from attending our meetings, supplying AstroTurf, and track builds (both indoor, and out).

Regards,

Matt
Old 09-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Are you going to build a second rostrum for the mound track?
Old 09-05-2013
Mad Member

Hi Alec,

Thank you for your question, I refer you to paragraph 6 of my post.
Old 09-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Its no then?
Old 09-05-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
Its no then?
You are correct. We've held a meeting on the track, which identified that couple of adjustments that will need to be made to the track layout and one of the jumps, however we are of the opinion the height of the rostrum will be sufficient once the adjustments have been made.
Old 09-05-2013

It sounds like you and the committee have been hard at work Matt!

Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour!
Old 09-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
You are correct. We've held a meeting on the track, which identified that couple of adjustments that will need to be made to the track layout and one of the jumps, however we are of the opinion the height of the rostrum will be sufficient once the adjustments have been made.
Thats a shame, the track looks good but with the rostrum so far away and only a few feet high my old eyes can't see that far and I don't fancy lazer surgery right now.

When you refer to the two tracks as '180' and '360' is that the entry fee?
Old 09-05-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
Thats a shame, the track looks good but with the rostrum so far away and only a few feet high my old eyes can't see that far and I don't fancy lazer surgery right now.

When you refer to the two tracks as '180' and '360' is that the entry fee?
That's ok mate, we've already thought of that. We're getting one of these put if for you. It's 50 cents for 3 minutes. Just make sure you have your coins at the ready. We don't want you to lose sight half way through the race.

On a more serious note, all I ask is that you put a car round the track and make your mind up then. We've raced on larger tracks with a smaller rostrum in terms of height than what it currently is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bnoks.jpg (170.2 KB, 7 views)