Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Three Counties Radio Controlled Motorsport Club

Old 05-05-2013
Mad Member

Default Outdoor Club Night - Grass Track- 15 May 2013 **Cancelled**

Booking in for 180 Wednesday is now open. This meeting will be on our new '180' grass track, (see attached picture).

Date: 15 May 2013

Classes - 2wd, 4wd, Stadium Truck, and Short Course.

Entry Fee - £5 for members, £7 for Non-members.

Times - Gates open at 17.20 or earlier (depending on traffic), with the track open from practice once you have booked in. If you have pre-booked you can go straight out to practice, as long as you pay your entry fee before Heat One is on the line.

Heat One on the line for 18.45

If you can't make it for 18.45, let us know and we will try to put you in a higher heat.

Format - 3 Rounds and a Final for all.

Entry List:

2wd
Matt James
James White
Matt Fletcher
Mark Fowler
Darren Arundel
Chris Packer

Stadium Truck
Matt Fletcher

Short Course
Mark Fowler
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1184[1].JPG (285.9 KB, 70 views)
Old 05-05-2013

Awesome, truck practice!

Last edited by chuckie stella; 05-05-2013 at 09:34 PM. Reason: I should learn to read
Old 12-05-2013

Track looks great, count me in for this Wednesday. 2wd please - Chris Packer.
Old 12-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Hopefully the improvements that were discussed at the meeting after friday racing will be implemented and that will make a huge difference.
Old 12-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
Hopefully the improvements that were discussed at the meeting after friday racing will be implemented and that will make a huge difference.
The temporary rostrum especially
Old 13-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Would it be possible for any committee member to post on here if this has or is going to be carried out before wednesday? I'd like to plan if i'm attending or going elsewhere
Cheers
Old 13-05-2013

Matt didn't turn up to the Pre Booked Mid South Regional on Sunday, perhaps he's unwell?
Old 14-05-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Would it be possible for any committee member to post on here if this has or is going to be carried out before wednesday? I'd like to plan if i'm attending or going elsewhere
Cheers
Hi Alec,

I believe that James is going to have a chat with you about a couple of things that you have raised.

I've been told that both yourself and Colin Buck helped with the track build on Friday evening so I just thought that I would thank both of you for your help. As well as anyone else who helped with the setup, running of the meeting, and packing away the track.
Old 14-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
Hi Alec,

I believe that James is going to have a chat with you about a couple of things that you have raised.

I've been told that both yourself and Colin Buck helped with the track build on Friday evening so I just thought that I would thank both of you for your help. As well as anyone else who helped with the setup, running of the meeting, and packing away the track.
you need to get them to do it every week
Old 14-05-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong way up View Post
you need to get them to do it every week
Both Alec, and Colin are more than welcome to assist with the track builds on a weekly basis if they wish to, as are any of the people who attend our meetings.

The more help we receive with laying/packing away the track is an obvious benefit to all who attend, as this allows us not only to build a more adventurous layout, but more practice, which in turn means your getting more for your entry fee.

As a rule we have heat one on the line at 19.15, with the track build starting at 17.15, this usually involves only a few of us so the more help we can get the better for everyone.

I would say that an opinion of a track is often created by ones success on that track, no track pleases everyman, but I'm glad you enjoyed your evenings racing.

I can’t comment on last weeks track as I was unable to attend the meeting, however we do always try to create the best track possible, and a good relaxed nights racing, followed by a couple of pints at a local drinking establishment.
Old 14-05-2013

Hi Guys, what with the heavy rain today and with more forecast for tomorrow afternoon / evening we feel it's only sensible to cancel this meeting and run next week instead.
I hope this gives people enough time to make other plans.

Regards the TCRCMC team.

Friday Night Buggy Racing nr. Milton Keynes - TCRCMC
Old 15-05-2013

Hi, thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. I assume there's still racing on Friday indoors?
Old 15-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
Hi, thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. I assume there's still racing on Friday indoors?
I hope you found the amount of notice ok? In the future the plan is to make a call the night before so people have enough notice.

We are still racing Friday we are just waiting to find out which hall we're in before starting a booking in thread.

Friday Night Buggy Racing nr. Milton Keynes - TCRCMC
Old 15-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
I hope you found the amount of notice ok? In the future the plan is to make a call the night before so people have enough notice.

We are still racing Friday we are just waiting to find out which hall we're in before starting a booking in thread.
Presumably because there is no racing tonight the committee will now have time (a week) to prepare the temporary rostrum for next Wednesday?
Old 15-05-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Presumably because there is no racing tonight the committee will now have time (a week) to prepare the temporary rostrum for next Wednesday?
Hi Alec,

To try and put this to bed once and for all, there is not going to be a temporary rostrum, mainly because we do not feel one is needed, and secondly rostrums are major health and safety issues, and as the club is a BRCA affiliated we tend to follow their advice in that regard.

We are despite the bad weather are going to the track to continue with the things we can do that will be of benefit to the club, it's members, and all who attend our meetings. You are of course more than welcome to join us.
Old 15-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
Hi Alec,

To try and put this to bed once and for all, there is not going to be a temporary rostrum, mainly because we do not feel one is needed, and secondly rostrums are major health and safety issues, and as the club is a BRCA affiliated we tend to follow their advice in that regard.

We are despite the bad weather are going to the track to continue with the things we can do that will be of benefit to the club, it's members, and all who attend our meetings. You are of course more than welcome to join us.
Matt,
At the end of racing meeting at the pub last Friday the committee members that attended agreed that a rostrum was needed alongside the smaller track which is where the idea of the temporary rostrum originated, so at that time they definitely felt that one was needed. Now I appreciate that they change their mind like the wind (or rain) depending on who they are talking to at the time so if that's their newest decision then so be it.

I've given my opinion and tried to help the club out with ideas, it's entirely up to you if you implement them or not, that's your decision but the idea behind them is to entice people to race at the club to make it a better place to race.

Regards the safety issue of a temporary rostrum .......... Many indoor clubs use temporary rostrums with no safety barriers at the front etc and on a Friday club night we stand on five school tables (sometimes) taped together, I can't see how a three foot high stack of pallets screwed together could be any more of a health and safety risk than that, other than the fact that it would be outside!!!!!!!

Regards helping out at all of your tracks, i've been there and done that many, many times since you started out, as you know.

Now that most certainly puts this issue to bed from my perspective as I feel I'm wasting my breath.

Alec