Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 10-11-2009

Unhappy T2 009 Crabbing to right!

After last weeks race (done after every race) I stripped down and cleaned as usual, checked shocks, diff position, bearings all clean and fine, left/right balance perfect.

However last night, I suddenly found my car crabbing to the right and it's instantly obvious..... Maybe a crash from last time, but I haven't had any big ones and I'm racing in a hall with a 13.5 turn motor running at max 60% throttle!!!

Cars handling is totally off, when left wheels are placed on a line and car is driven straight, it wobbles slightly and the back wheels move left over the line in a short distance (1m) and the front move right, however over a long distance (5m) it curves drastically to right: Moves as a crab.
When turning it's very unstable etc... too.

I've stripped the entire car and found nothing is damaged or bent as I thought could be the case.

Car is clean, spotless in perfect condition: diffs smooth, bearings smooth, shocks all the same, etc...

Any ideas....... as to where to start looking or identifying the problem?

Has anyone heard anything like this before?
Old 10-11-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

wheel bearings, suspension mounts if everything appears right, thats where I would start.
Old 10-11-2009

Your chassis is tweaked. Basically after your crash the chassis has bent, don't worry though you can sort it our pretty easily.

Loosen all the screws attaching the top deck to the chassis (you need all your electrics in inc. the battery). Then tighten them up ensuring that the chassis is perfectly flat. Get a friend to push down on the front bumper part of the chassis and the rear bumper part of the chassis while you tighten the screws. You need to tighten the screws in a cross directional action (like you would tighten the wheel nuts on a full size car). That should sort it. You may need to redo the droop etc after.
Old 10-11-2009

So a tweaked chassis could really make that much difference making the car turn like that?

Well I better start putting it back together, I took every item off

Thanks for input will put it back together and do as you say, cheers for that.
Old 10-11-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

if you are ever concerened that you got tweak, take your wheels off, disconnect the shocks, and sit the chassis on a flat table, and see how flat it is.
Old 10-11-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Yeh tweaked chassis can screw up car handling
Old 10-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas-b4-b44 View Post
After last weeks race (done after every race) I stripped down and cleaned as usual, checked shocks, diff position, bearings all clean and fine, left/right balance perfect.

However last night, I suddenly found my car crabbing to the right and it's instantly obvious..... Maybe a crash from last time, but I haven't had any big ones and I'm racing in a hall with a 13.5 turn motor running at max 60% throttle!!!

Cars handling is totally off, when left wheels are placed on a line and car is driven straight, it wobbles slightly and the back wheels move left over the line in a short distance (1m) and the front move right, however over a long distance (5m) it curves drastically to right: Moves as a crab.
When turning it's very unstable etc... too.

I've stripped the entire car and found nothing is damaged or bent as I thought could be the case.

Car is clean, spotless in perfect condition: diffs smooth, bearings smooth, shocks all the same, etc...

Any ideas....... as to where to start looking or identifying the problem?

Has anyone heard anything like this before?
have you run the car since you striped it down after the bad handerling night its un likley to be a tweaked chassis if it has only accured after a rebuild what it would more likly be a accentric diff holder being in a differnt possition left to right maybe on front or rear.

stu rand
Old 10-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You have stripped and checked the car but have you checked the wheels and tyres.
Old 10-11-2009

Send a message via MSN to Garry

And all the angles, like camber, toe, shock length, droop, ARB mounting link length etc.

A TC has a minefield of things that muck up the handling, but crabbing? That sounds like something alloy is bent.
Old 10-11-2009

Default Hi Mate

I would say its one of drive shaft pins sheard off or fell out.They are prone to that

Team Schumacher
Old 11-11-2009

I took everything apart same as before build, I cleaned everything and measured everything for dents, straightness, bends etc.... everything seems perfect. Chassis was completely flat.....

Rebuilt car....

Popped on "Hudy Professional All-in-One Set Up Solution" and did every tweak test and balance test, camber, everything, all perfect after rebuild.

Don't have a big enough space to try properly seems to go straight now, wheels seem a bit wobbly (but carpet is bumpy so not reliable testing in house) however will drive it in a gym hall on weekend.
Old 12-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Check that the tyres are still glued on properly. You wont see it when static but when they spin up the tyre will deform and may be the cause.
Old 12-11-2009

check for buckled wheel and worn spool outdrives. it tends to be worn spool outdrives on the xray.
Old 19-11-2009

hmmm, very odd fixed it's self ??? after rebuild.... no worries it seems.
Old 23-11-2009

Probably something binding that's freed itself up.