Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 01-05-2011

Default Hobbywing 1s setup

Has anyone got a decent 1s setup for hobbywing and 10.5

Thanks
Old 02-05-2011
Mad Member

Try this...

DRRS - 9 (but only if you have good LiPo, otherwise 7)
Boost - 45
Rate - 400rpm/deg
Start rpm - 3000
Turbo - 20
Ramp - 24
Delay - 0.2 (that's for Ardent with a big sweeper, 0.1 for a short straight)
Overheat Protection - On

Everything else to suit your radio and driving style. If you get a big 'switch' on the turbo down the straight, up the Boost to 50 and reduce the Turbo to 15. If the motor runs hot, change the RPM rate to 450 or more. If you need more punch, and the motor is acceptable on heat, then change the RPM rate to 350.

You don't say which 10.5 motor you are using, so check back for a suggested ratio. Mine's a GM (latest version) on 47mm/rev. HTH
Old 02-05-2011

Thanks very much.

My motor is an LRP X11 and our track is pretty large so I will go with it and see how it goes.
Old 02-05-2011
Mad Member

I'd start the X11 on 49mm/rev. I am not sure how much you know about these timing-on-the-fly speedos, so sorry for teaching you to suck eggs when I say...

The ratio will give you the all round driveablility. If it's too high (in the 50s) then the motor will get hot and the car will be lethargic all round the track. If it's too low (in the mid-40s) then the car will be quick out of corners, and quick to reach top speed with a cool motor.

The boost rate will control the acceleration, but you can't feed it too much too soon, otherwise it will get hot. If you feel a higher ratio is what you need, then feed in the boost rate slower (400+), but if you go for a lower ratio to suit a twisty track, then feed in the boost at a faster rate (400-).

Once you find a balance for your local track, it will be easy to make small changes for other tracks. Always (ALWAYS!!) check you changes against the clock, never against a temperature guage. Temp gauges are there to make sure you don't make a silly mistake, not to find out how fast you are! Whatever you try, write it down, write down the fastest lap, and write down the difference between your fastest lap and your average lap. A fast qualifying time will be when the difference between the two is less than 0.3s.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-05-2011

Have a look on here.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ings-only.html
Old 19-06-2011

Hi, will get Brian Eldridge's settings from him for the Nationals and post them here for you when I get the chance to call him.

I have some base settings here feel free to call me 07900 363649 if you want any help with the 1S ESC.

Cherry
xx