Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 07-02-2009

Default Problems with new Losi Xcelorin-S system

Hi all.

I got a new Losi Xcelorin-S 17.5T combo system a couple of days ago, and I've run into a problem. Yesterday, I installed the v2.0 setup software, and downloaded the latest v2.8 ESC firmware. I connected the ESC to the computer OK, updated the firmware successfully, and set up profiles 4 & 5 with some settings. I used the system for the first time at my local club last night, in a Tamiya M03 mini, and it ran OK. Today, I've attempted to connect the ESC to the computer to change some settings, but the setup software just won't detect the ESC anymore, the status icon stays red.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled the setup software on the desktop system, tried it on my laptop (both are running Windows XP Pro), tried a different USB cable, and whilst the USB device is detected fine with a green status icon & green LED on the unit itself, the ESC still can't be seen at all. The fan on the ESC spins, and the blue LED is on, so it is getting power from the USB connection. I am doing everything exactly the same as I did yesterday when the ESC was detected OK, so I'm struggling to understands whats wrong now.

Is there a particular order that the program/USB device/ESC need to be connected/started up? Is it possible that the ESC has become faulty already? If I can't access the ESC's settings anymore, then I guess I'll have to send it back for repair/replacement/refund.

-------------------------
I've now contacted the supplier, and will be returning the system to them next week.

Last edited by Toon; 07-02-2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: update