Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 20-07-2009

Cool Celebrating 40yrs since the moon landing

To celebrate 40 yrs since landing on the moon some new footage has been broadcast. It offers an incredible insight into the hearts and minds of those brave souls who pushed the boundaries for mankind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIkHLO93lCA

Warning: NSFW, might be a swear word, etc.
Old 20-07-2009
Mad Member

Never one to cause controversy, but, do yo really think man landed on the moon?

I used to, not any more.

For instance, Back in the '60s, they could only just broadcast tv around a nation, let alone receive live pictures from the moon.

Then there's the lighting issue, how come you can see things when they're in the shade? out in space, light comes from one direction only, anything in the shade, you would not be able to see.

Some pictures taken show crosshairs obscured by supposed photographic detail, a sure sign of attempted, albeit very poor, doctoring of said pictures.

And how come they've never been back since?

I would love for it to all be true, I really would, but I just dont believe it anymore.

Anyway, believe what you want, if it makes your world a better place, so be it.

carry on
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 20-07-2009
Mad Member

I can't be arsed with the conspiracy theory that the moon landing was all faked, i much prefer to accept it happened

Cos it's well cool
Old 20-07-2009

Sadly, my english is too poor to answer you properly, but do some reading on the Net and you will see that all those points don't resist at a little analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy L View Post

For instance, Back in the '60s, they could only just broadcast tv around a nation, let alone receive live pictures from the moon.
Tech question, just look on Wikipedia or www.astronautix.com. They were using various huge antennas all around the world.
Quote:
Then there's the lighting issue, how come you can see things when they're in the shade? out in space, light comes from one direction only, anything in the shade, you would not be able to see.
Moon surface reflexion, they were not shooting in a black room.

Quote:
And how come they've never been back since?
Cause it is crazy expensive! And US had to face other problems like Vietnam war, oil crisis... And space shuttle program ate all remaining money.

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 20-07-2009
Mad Member

Pah, I simply dont think they did it.

Like I say, It'd be cool, cos you'd know star trek is almost real.

bio matter transporter anyone?
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 20-07-2009

This may be the best proof :

Quote:
NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, or LRO, has returned its first imagery of the Apollo moon landing sites. The pictures show the Apollo missions' lunar module descent stages sitting on the moon's surface, as long shadows from a low sun angle make the modules' locations evident.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LR...ollosites.html

My trader feedback
Old 20-07-2009
Mad Member

I was not aware until today that there was a Rusky unmanned lander orbiting the moon at the same time as Apollo 11, but it crashed (shame).

Have you seen the stuff on the Nasa site about the new Ares I and V rockets..? Ares I is the crew craft and Ares V is the heavy lifter to take equipment etc to the moon and beyond.... It hardly gets any press because people are too concerned with Katie Price and Big Brother.. and Swine Flu... It is like a Saturn V but uses SRBs from the shuttle..

I wish I had seen a Saturn V take-off.. Back then the Americans were on a mission.. literally.. they had an objective to beat the Russians.. Since the end of the cold war they have lost their way.. having to be concerned for the environment and the economy...
Old 20-07-2009

Quote:
Never one to cause controversy, but, do yo really think man landed on the moon?.......

......Then there's the lighting issue, how come you can see things when they're in the shade? out in space, light comes from one direction only, anything in the shade, you would not be able to see.
At the blackest of nights in the middle of nowhere, you can see clearly from the reflection of a rock 250,000 miles away. Imagine the refection from white clouds and a rock 3 and half times the size and vastly covered in reflective oceans. Without doubt those space monkies took the trip, picked up some rocks and the public went, "I PAID HOW MUCH FOR THAT PEBBLE!!!"

Then not so long after, the Republicans found out how they could win votes by bringing in the Religious. Once the creationists had a voice it get's difficult raising more money for something that's looking at several billion years before the "6,000" year old start to the universe.
Old 20-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiloliver View Post
I was not aware until today that there was a Rusky unmanned lander orbiting the moon at the same time as Apollo 11, but it crashed (shame).
Yeah, seeing they were about to loose the Moon race, Russians wanted to be able to say 'hey, we made it (bringing back lunar sand and stones) for a fraction of the bill with an automatic probe, without foolishly risking lifes', but they failed, the probe crashed on the Moon.

Crazy times!

My trader feedback