Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 03-12-2013

Default Winter 2013 Series

Well following last weeks mention in the email, last night was the first round of the Winter 2013 Series with good numbers in both classes and some very close racing through all of the rounds - 4 winners out of the 5 rounds of quali in the TC’s. Even the oldest car on the track finishing first in 2 of them J but not in the final unfortunately where it counts L

Last nights agreed experiment with tyre additive confirmed that it’s worth around a second a lap at the fast end of the grid but also reaffirmed why we don’t allow it by the state of the floor afterwards. So no tyre additive in the hall - sorry.

On the down side, Old Man Ray paid a visit to let us know he won’t be coming to play anymore L
However after a little persuasion and talking round with the promise of some new go faster parts from Trev he’s agreed to see how it goes for a few more weeks.
Ray - ask Martin the difference a brushless setup makes - Martin running a brushless for the first time last night with a marked improvement in his speed - and that was with old NiMh cells!!!

Hope to see you all again next week for Round 2 of the winter series - only 5 from 8 rounds count so if you missed last night, no need to worry, just make sure you’re there next week.

And I need a chat with the committee to see what we can do for prizes.

Also I was thinking to even things out - maybe do what they do in BTCC and have success ballast over the series - any comments???
Old 10-12-2013

A surprisingly good turn out last night considering it’s Christmas shopping territory and a couple of out most regular racers were missing with full heats in both classes again
The grip was a little low tho and new tyres were definitely worth at least a second a lap, Gary being untouchable once he put on new rubber in round 2 of quali.

Anyway, next week is the last week this year with no racing over xmas until the 6th Jan so get along next week or you’ll have a long wait between race meets J
Old 17-12-2013

Well another good turn out last night for the time of year with full heats in both classes again for round 3 of the winter series.
Good to have Ross back putting in an appearance in the buggy heat even if it is only for one week.
Also Nev proving the point that while equipment isn’t everything, it is a big factor at the fast end of the grid being almost untouchable with his new TC6!!!!
A bit of competition for Hindson and Barry when he returns from his xmas rush - the perils of selling things kids want for xmas for a living!
It’s just a shame none of them ever want RC cars anymore, just Xbox & PS L

Don’t forget we’re off till 6th Jan now when hopefully Westy will be there to run Race Control as I have a board meeting in the Alps that week and Hindson is off somewhere mincing about on skis as well - otherwise over to you Nev - no pressure.

Just a heads up that we’ll probably be having the AGM 20th Jan all being well - so a free night racing as usual for those that turn up J
Old 31-12-2013
Mad Member

Hi. What are the motor rules for the touring cars 10.5?
Old 11-01-2014

Sorry for the late reply Chris - been away boarding. Yes 10.5 but as ever you'd be welcome racing whatever you had in
Old 14-01-2014

Well firstly our best turn out for a long time last night seen very busy racing in both buggies and TC’s for round 5 of the winter series.
Also a first time racer with Jasmin joining in the buggy class with a 2WD!
A couple of potential “returning” racers visiting last night to check out what we do, Paul and a couple of former Longbenton drivers, looking to get back into racing - hope to see you all back with cars on the track soon guys.

Anyway, we will be holding the AGM next Monday and despite what I may have mentioned, I’ve been corrected that the AGM night is not a free nights racing and hasn’t been for at least 3 years. Just shows how much I know about what goes on at the club with my head in the laptop every week. I suppose the meeting used to take up half of the night but generally we don’t even loose a round of racing now so no need to give the free night J

So if any of you want to have a say in how the clubs run, or stand for chairman in place of Nev or any other committee position, then get along Monday 20th as early as you can. The meeting will be between setup and racing starting.
Old 21-01-2014

Well we held our AGM last night followed by round 6 of the winter series.
Not as many as I’d have expected for the AGM which must mean everyone is happy with how the club is running.
Anyway subs are now due for the coming years membership. Membership is £10 with an additional £17 to include your BRCA membership - required for insurance cover - unless you have your own BRCA.
Committee members stayed as was other than Barry Lynch replacing Chris Clark or me as vice chairman - we’re not sure exactly who filled that role last year!!!
Also after what I think is 5 years since the last race fee increase, we have agreed to increase nightly fees to £6 - that’s still only £1 per race in line with other clubs.
So to make Gary’s like easier can you all please bring along a £1 coin whenever possible!!!

See you all next week
Old 28-01-2014

Another cracking nights racing last night at TyneMet with 2 TC and 1 Buggy heat and some of the closest racing for a long time - 3 seconds separating 3 cars at the fast end of the TC grids after 4 rounds of quali. Nice fast flowing track too with plenty overtaking opportunity courtesy of the recently promoted vice chairman ;-)

And just to demo HOW close things were - the fastest lap of the night was posted by the oldest car with a 13.5 turn motor rather than the 10.5’s everyone seems to run - although both my finals were compromised by “racing incidents” L

Winners of the series will be announced next week after the last round tho we know who they are anyway irrelevant of what happens next week - or should we have a double points last round which F1 insanely seem to think is a good idea!!!

Another hopeful new racer - Dave Wright popping along for a look again last night tho he’s actually bought a car nopw so hope to see you on the track in a couple weeks Dave J
Would be good to see some of the other prospective members we’ve had look in on track soon too - come on lads - you’re missing some cracking nights racing ;-)

Thanks to those who brought their £1 coin for Gary last night - makes his life easier - see you all next Monday
Old 04-02-2014

Well last night was the last round in the winter series, the buggy class being won by Trev Anderson and the TC’s by Paul Hindson - well done lads.
We’ll take your thoughts on race series next week maybe, as to whether we have a summer series, or even a spring series.
Three heats last night, 2 TC and 1 Buggy running 5 rounds of Quali and a 2 leg final for each class.

Another visit by Dave Wright this time bringing along Peter Craigen as well as his dad, hopefully we’ll see dave on track in the next week or two and maybe Ken and Peter?? With any luck we could have four new returnees by the end of the month with Paul & Kier along as well.

Anyway, more of the same next Monday so get yourseleves along.