Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 27-12-2007
Super Moderator

From the master!

G
Old 27-12-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

It is true that you need escape for air behind the bladder. That said, i really can't think of any good reason why a bladder shock wouldn't work for 10th off rd. Touring car shocks all use bladders, and seemingly 1/8 may do as well.

You can build a bladder shock with no re-bound if you want to - it's easy!! In fact i find bladder shocks easier to "tune" for rebound, so i can't see any reason not to use them!!
Old 27-12-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
It is true that you need escape for air behind the bladder. That said, i really can't think of any good reason why a bladder shock wouldn't work for 10th off rd. Touring car shocks all use bladders, and seemingly 1/8 may do as well.

You can build a bladder shock with no re-bound if you want to - it's easy!! In fact i find bladder shocks easier to "tune" for rebound, so i can't see any reason not to use them!!
Thank you Matthew, that's exactly what I wanted to hear

I mounted VCS2 kit (ASC31120) on my body shocks and as you said, it's really easy to fill and tune the rebound (according the position of the piston in the body when the bladder is mounted). Moreover in the plastic cap, there's a tiny hole to let the air come in and out between bladder and cap. Once assemblied, the shocks are so smoooooth, without any bubble, just oil inside