Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 04-01-2015

Default AGM proposal Club 540 Championship

All I won't be able to make it to the AGM on the 7th of January

I am wondering if we can set up a club 540 championship like York currently runs. As it seems to be a popular class at York and has large turn out of drivers and the laps time are pretty much on par with the modified class.

They use a sealed can 20 turn brushed saturn motor. and it seems to be a pretty cheap class to go racing in and a lot guys are running vintage rc10s in this class and running well with them.

Neal Lewis currently races this class at York and will have more to say on it than me.

Kind regards

Sammy
Old 04-01-2015

southport runs a similar class but using a 10.5t motor and esc's in blinky mode
HB Racing D418
www.kandmacoustics.co.uk
Old 04-01-2015

how popular is it?
Old 06-01-2015

Tends to be two heats most weeks. Abilities range from newbies to seasoned pros. The tyre wear alone saves money. I've done 3 meetings at York and am still on first set. Think they will do at least two more as well. In mod I go through a set a meeting or if I'm being tight I push to two. When I race at York my challenge to myself usually is how far up the modified grid would my times get me. I'm usually in top 5!! So power is not the answer. I'm learning lines better. How to carry more corner speed etc as you simply don't habe the power to get back on it. The last two weeks at batley are the first time I've driven mod since the summer and my driving has improved vastly from my stock experience.
Also for newbies they tend to break the car less and struggle less with the low grip, thus giving them s better experience.
I for one love 540. It's real fun and a leveller for good racers. You really have to be on it all the time and a single crash looses you a run!!
Reedy
DJ KIRKY