Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 21-07-2015

Default Another what car is better thread...

Hi guys,

Hate to start a thread of this kind as we all know it starts becoming a "my current car is the best car" situation but It would be interested to hear peoples views.

I've previously raced on the national and regional circuit and I still hold my F2 licence. I took a break away from racing this summer due to various factors. I'm now ready to return for the winter but trying to keep cost down as I've got a lot on at home currently.

My local indoor winter meetings are on rubberised cork floor (similar to worksop) or a combination of slippy gym floor with carpet sections. My first choice of car purely for racing in these slippy conditions would be the VBC Firebolt but spares availability seems very scarce at the moment so I'm apprehensive to take the plunge. This really only leaves the AE B5m or TLR 22 2.0 as viable alternatives that fall within my criteria and price range.

What are your opinions on these 2 buggies from the good to the bad? Ideally focusing on their low/medium grip performance.

Of course if you feel I'm overlooking another model I'd like to know.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 21-07-2015
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

I drive a yz2, however we all know your not cool/hip enough to drive one of these. :-)

Have you thought of a Tamiya Grasshopper 'Super G' version. This was a very popular car when I was a kid.

Hope this helps
Old 21-07-2015

Ha cheers Aidan! Had a YZ-2 at the start of summer, nice piece of kit but not really a low grip car

Chris
Old 21-07-2015
oOple Advertiser

We have new B-Max2 V2 for £150 or V3 for £180 I think you would struggle to get a better car than that for the money!

I know its a shameless plug but I am even going to use one myself for Worksop there so cheap!
Old 21-07-2015

i'd agree with Alex on the yokomo.i've just finished my comeback season at yorcc and that's a real slippy track.i'm no great driver but the car can hold its own.i ran the first version,parts are cheap[but not broken anything].or you could go for the rc10 worlds?another great car!
Old 21-07-2015
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

If you still hve the yz2 then just get hold of lee martin. hes has his in the low grip so wil lhave some setups to pass to you.

In all fairness id not call bury indoors low grip - definitely medium.. id consider batley indoors as 'proper' low grip on polished wood. Cars can only do so much. if you want a proper 'low grip' car.. then itd be a X6, b5, b5m, bmax 2.

I like the yokomo too much to give it up - ill be running that come bury indoors again!
Old 21-07-2015

I sold my YZ-2 Paul as I didn't expect to be back so soon tbh. I'm really impressed with the Firebolt but just not 100% on it's build quality and reliability as it could be an issue if I'm the only one running one locally.

The B5m is a good idea but I've heard people say they are very pushy and lazy on the front end as standard and getting more bite involves lots of upgrades and weights. That's the reason I was thinking of something else, I used to like my 22 but nobody seems to rate them anymore
Old 21-07-2015

Default another what car is better

a car is what you make it what suits some doesnt always suit others taking peoples advice is one part of the process but the real truth of which is better comes down to the person who is going to be driving the car, which is you what suits me may not suit you same as what suits everyone who posting may not suit you try before you by could be the answer to all your questions
Old 21-07-2015
Mad Member

Bmax 2 is a great car
cheap as chips and easy to drive
Old 21-07-2015
Mad Member

Shameless plug but, a Vega Elite Tamiya TRF

lee
Old 21-07-2015

Well Chris I've gone back to the 22 but a .20 in mid motor,and just building another in rear motor for indoor and wet days.
I got pole in the B and Triston got in the A with his.
You are more than welcome to have a blast of mine round bury to try before you decide and would of thought mark or Scott would offer the same with there b5m's
Sworkz
Bury metro
Old 21-07-2015
oOple Advertiser

Don't give up on the firebolt idea, vbc changed the material of the front bulkhead and I haven't broken one in months (including going flat out off rhr straight into the railings due to a radio glitch) and there is always the beamcat ally bulkhead. Spares are freely available from smd and any shop which cares to buy them...

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 21-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Elworthy View Post
Hi guys,

Hate to start a thread of this kind as we all know it starts becoming a "my current car is the best car" situation but It would be interested to hear peoples views.

I've previously raced on the national and regional circuit and I still hold my F2 licence. I took a break away from racing this summer due to various factors. I'm now ready to return for the winter but trying to keep cost down as I've got a lot on at home currently.

My local indoor winter meetings are on rubberised cork floor (similar to worksop) or a combination of slippy gym floor with carpet sections. My first choice of car purely for racing in these slippy conditions would be the VBC Firebolt but spares availability seems very scarce at the moment so I'm apprehensive to take the plunge. This really only leaves the AE B5m or TLR 22 2.0 as viable alternatives that fall within my criteria and price range.

What are your opinions on these 2 buggies from the good to the bad? Ideally focusing on their low/medium grip performance.

Of course if you feel I'm overlooking another model I'd like to know.

Thanks,

Chris
Have you considered the RB6 Chris? I can highly recommend them personally. It's been around a little while I know but it's still a good all round car which performs very well on low grip

Number5RC is now LIVE! http://number5rc.co.uk

Stockists of Schumacher - Team Durango - Xray - XfactoryUK brands - Answer RC - LMR + More to be announced

Follow us on Facebook for live updates and news