Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 18-07-2013

Default 12th servo

hi all, new to this 12th lark and was after some advice. looking at running a gt12 as well as my touring car, and i just had a question about servos, ill most likely be running the new mardave chassis and wondered if you could run a 10th size servo or if it would have to be a 12th size? if a 12th is needed what are the better servo's on the market? im not after cheap and cheerful so some advice on the top end would be nice.

thanks in advance.
Old 18-07-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Full servo will fit but you better getting the core 12th servo from Schumacher, cheap, cheerfully and on par with the best out there
Old 18-07-2013

cheers mark,
looks like your right, i just compared the specs, and its on par if not better than most top end ones. think ill be investing in one of those!
Old 18-07-2013

The Mardave chassis is drilled to accept a standard sized 1/10 touring car servo. Take your pick from the hundreds available... However, you will be better off with a "low profile" version - these sizes are shorter front to back (they have the same post hole mounting positions though) and having the shorter body frees up some useful space in the chassis for electrics.

As Mark suggested, 1/12 size servos will work well because they are significantly lighter (plenty of good spec, low priced ones especially those sold through Mardave) even though they are longer in the body than the low profile 1/10 ones. However, the chassis is not drilled to accept these. Not an issue though, you can easily drill it yourself or glue the servo in. I now actually glue all mine in with "ShoeGoo", one has been in my car for well over a year now and no issues. This servo had its mounting lugs broken off when I bought it second hand so I really had no choice but to glue it and no servo mounting posts saves even more weight/space.

Hope this helps. If you need any photos of how to mount different servos send me a PM with your email and I will ping some over.

James
Old 01-09-2013

If your still looking I've got a futaba s9650 for sale.
Old 04-09-2013

Default 12th Servo's

You probably have your answer by now but can make a few recommendations on what I have used over the years.

KO Propo PDS947ICS
PDS949ICS

Align DS525M, am running 2 of these at the moment one in my 12th & the other in my WGT car and have had no issues at all with either. £30 a pop !