Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 21-03-2012
Mad Member

Default Affordable (+Quality) SC Dampers

Hi everyone,

I have an Ultima SC (Ultima DB RTR converted to an SC) that I've had some runs with, and I noticed the shocks leak like mad! I tried replacing the O-rings but I didn't have the right size, so I used AE green slime. This however isn't sufficient, and I'm not willing to take apart the dampers again: check out page 19 of the manual and you'll see dis- and re-assembly is a pain!

Anyway, I decided that I want new shocks for it. They have to be easy to take apart (like the 'normal' RC damper construction), if possible I'd like them to leak less (but I guess that will be down to using the right o-rings, shims and the green slime), I'd like reasonable performance from them that's good enough for a basher up to a club level racer and above all that I want the best price possible.

So all in all a list with demands that usually don't go together (like performance and price) - anyway, what would you guys recommend?

PS: These are the approximate dimensions of the dampers fully extended and fully compressed:

Front: 62-88mm
Rear: 73-103mm