Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 12-06-2012

Exclamation Newbie advice

Hi guys !
Im pretty new to all this and need some advice / info regarding racing
Race cars and generally everything !!
After visiting my Local RC club (Caldicot South Wales ) for about 5 weeks I
Eventually brought myself a 2nd Car .. Pretty much on advice from every1 else
It's an Associated b4 Or Apparently the X6 converted so ive been told !!!
Anyway so far so good but I'm just looking on advice on setups or upgrades I can do !!
The guys looked at it and said it wasn't running low enough so they've looked at that but I'm looking for any extra help rhats out there .
Currently it has a 7.4 v 5000mah Lipo in it
With a few turnbuckle upgrades .
But other than that I'm completely blank with it !!
Any tips guys ??????? Please !!!

A very interested Newbie
Craig

Last edited by Col; 13-06-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2012

hi craig good choice and loads of extras you can get for it.i guess your running on carpet /polished floor? what motor u got in it?
Old 13-06-2012

Oh cheers !! Quiet a few people have said that !!! Ummm regarding the motor .... Uhhh I'm not too sure I was told its a HPI motor but who knows !!
It is rather quick at the mo but I'm not to sure on the handling ???
I've got a tamco stick & receiver and a few people hav said that is something that will need replacing at some stage as its " SENSORLESS" ??? Which I've no clue about !!!
I wil try to have a look at the Motor tonight
Cheers
Craig

Ps yes carpeted floor
Old 13-06-2012

See if you can put a photo of the car up and we can help.More info needed.
If its an x6 they are a very good ,solid car which will go very well when set up properly.
I would say that you need to get a 13.5 motor to make the car more driveable to start with.
My 9 year old uses one & wins races with it.(13.5 hobbywing esc & motor) & he is very hard on the car at the moment ( flat out everywhere)
Old 13-06-2012

Craig,loads of set up hints and tips in the X Factory section,also it`s worth having a few hours one evening reading through all the post`s there and the pictures of other members cars in the gallery section.If you want any parts then DMS are the people to speak to/order from,next day delivery and virtually everything you will need from their website.You will also realise that if you post any questions in the XF section you will almost certainly recieve reply`s from Chas (Sinclair) and sometimes Paul (Sinclair),they are the father and son team that own/run X Factory, I dont think you will find better service anywhere than from these guy`s!!!
Old 13-06-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshcarter2012 View Post
Oh cheers !! Quiet a few people have said that !!! Ummm regarding the motor .... Uhhh I'm not too sure I was told its a HPI motor but who knows !!
It is rather quick at the mo but I'm not to sure on the handling ???
I've got a tamco stick & receiver and a few people hav said that is something that will need replacing at some stage as its " SENSORLESS" ??? Which I've no clue about !!!
I wil try to have a look at the Motor tonight
Cheers
Craig

Ps yes carpeted floor
Above advice regarding DMS is correct, shop (X6 main importers) and club that run indoors on carpet/wood floors. If you look around in the X-Factory section under 'car talk' you will find set up sheets and all you need to know. Do not get confused with the electrics, 'sensorless' refers to the motor & speed control (esc) combo, these are cheaper and you may find a sensored (esc & motor [extra wires] ) better.

Main difference indoors to out tends to be tyres, spikes outside & pins inside, the car may benefit from added weights, lead or brass to help with balance. Springs and oil grade in the shocks help as well (look carefully at your shocks, car may have associated but many replaced with losi). Lots of reading, lots of learning, lots of fun as you improve, keep asking the questions.

Some setups and manuals etc also here = http://www.petitrc.com/setup/xfactor...factoryX6.html

Its a great car to start with, common, good support, easy to get parts.

You will need to be more precise with your decriptions, motor/esc make, exact transmitter and reciever (tamco do 2.4), batteries etc.
Old 13-06-2012

Send a message via MSN to Balders Send a message via Skype™ to Balders

Lots of the guys have run or are still running X6's at club matey, Craig, Andy and Pete to name but a few.

Pop over on friday and we'll have a look and offer as much help as we all can in getting it setup for ya.

Not sure who you are from your forum name but I'm sure we've already met.

Mike

Mike Baldwin - Caldicot
Old 13-06-2012

I've heard that X6s are normally ran with quite a bit of weight in them and that associated silver springs are a good idea for most surfaces?
-Schumacher Cat K1
Old 13-06-2012

WOwZERS !!!! Can't believe all the advice !!
It's great to see local people on here too !! Mike
U would have deffo seen me I'm the HUGE fella who pops along with Andrew Thow & Kevin ( Micros) I'm sure i'l take u up on the offer tho :-)))

I'm just totally green to everything and am looking for as much advice as poss , yes no doubt my driving ATM is slow / awful but I'm keen to improve and always take professionals advice

Uhh from looking at the Motor the only thing I can see is Thunder tiger ?? No numbers with that :-( oh and it's purple haha
Uhhh the other thing that moves the front wheels had HPI SF1 I think
Really hope that helps
I will try my best to upload a pic just incase that's easier
Thanks again guys
Craig