Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid South

Old 23-04-2012

Default Mid South 4wd Regional - round 1 - Herts Nitro (Electric) Model Club - April 29th

BRCA Mid South 4wd Regional - round 1
HNMC - Ware - Sunday 29th April

Venue

The venue for this round is the newly founded Herts nitro (electric) model car club, located here:
Westmill Farm, A602,Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 0ES

I cant say just how easy this place is to find, the westmill farm entrance is really big and obvious (its a pretty big complex). the entrance is probably no more than 500 - 600 meters away from the round about once you leave the A10. once you turn in, you will immediately look to the right and see both tracks. you can turn right into the field and park and pit on the side of the track closest to the gate you entered through. The gate behind the rostrum leading to the nitro track will be closed due to changes in the fencing there. you can still pit behind the rostrum and between the nitro and electric though.

Times
The Track is open 24x7 (light permitting ) but the gates are always open so you can turn up as early you like. Timed practise will start from approx 7.45 - 8.00 and will continue till Approx 9.45am, so loads of time for practise.

We will follow the fairly standard layout for the day, so it will be 4 qualifiers followed by a short break and 1 final for all and 3 finals for the lucky a-finalists

We also have one more club night before the event on Tuesday 24th, which you can arrive any time from 4pm onwards and racing will start 7.30ish (2-3 rounds and 1 final )

Cost and Booking In
The cost to race for those who are pre-booked is £10. Limited booking in on the day may be available at the cost of £15. The open classes (2wd buggies, Trucks/SC's and Micros - if enough interest) are all £5 to race pre-booked - £10 on the day. All booking in is on the DMS Results website here - www.dmsresults.co.uk

Facilities and Track
The track is 99% astro and carpet for jumps Minipins and mini spikes are usable around the track.

Theres LOADS of pitting space (literally a whole field ) but there is a small section under cover about 10 meters away from the track between the electric and nitro tracks. Tables are there, but no chairs.

I would suggest bringing tables and chairs just in case.

You will need to bring a generator or 12 volt supply for power. Please place generators with consideration for others

the burger van behind race control should be open (TBC) on the sunday. Snacks can also be purchased in the complex on site and there is a McDonalds less than 5 minutes away at the hertford turn off on the A10 (and BP station)

Camping: all camping, whether it is a tent, motor home or caravan will cost £10 and you can arrive anytime after 10am on the saturday. there is a shower block (brand new!) there and lots of facilities etc

the herts nitro model shop will be open on the day from 8am till 2pm with a selection of tyres and spares. If you need anything i would suggest calling on 01920 466995

Mini spikes and mini pins have been found to work around the track. In the wet new mini pins, ballistic and schuie spikes all seem to work well.

As per BRCA rules, all LIPO batteries being charged MUST be inside a recognised LIPO sack (or similiar), anyone found not using one will be asked to leave (you have been warned)...

PT's must be used (we only have a small handful of transponders which we'd rather not use)

Trophies will be awarded for overall TQ, 1st 2nd and 3rd for the A final and first place in all 4wd finals (BRCA regional class) - there are no trophies for the open classes. If you need to leave straight after the final and you've won, please pop over to race control and we'll get your trophy for you then

Limited spaces still available to pre-book for those who not yet entered.........

Booking In - www.dmsresults.co.uk
Club Website - http://www.hertsnitromodelclub.co.uk

Any questions can be posted here, or feel free to PM if you need to

Hope to see lots of you there!

Last edited by gainsy; 25-04-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 25-04-2012
Mad Member

Can I book Oscar minter in for open class please junior 2wd PT 6805085

Many thanks. Looking forward to it.
Old 26-04-2012

Yep no problem
Old 26-04-2012

Hi are there still places for the 4wd ? its looks like there is on DMS ie it goes to 100 places but also it has reserves ?
Old 26-04-2012

Yep we still have plenty of room!

the reserves are only on there because they need to pre pay to have their places confirmed (because of missing previous events)

You can either book in on DMS (preferred) or drop me a PM with your details
Old 26-04-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSloth View Post
Yep we still have plenty of room!

the reserves are only on there because they need to pre pay to have their places confirmed (because of missing previous events)

You can either book in on DMS (preferred) or drop me a PM with your details
To follow up on what Ian has said as well, if anyone wishes to "withdraw" from the meeting (or any other for that matter), then PLEASE use the link on your confirmation email (preffered) or for those who did not read it properly and deleted it, then please contact the club direct (by email) to notify them you are pulling out and NOT us at DMS, since we do not run the meetings, we simply provide the booking in system for the clubs to use. It is the clubs who need to know who is in and who is out etc, not us at the shop sadly....

See you all sunday, Ian - get the sunshine booked mate
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 27-04-2012

Hi all,

Just to let you know we've had a few queries about our plans for Sunday with the bad weather forecast. Because we've found the track drains so well up til now, we're still confident the track will still be in a good condition to race with no standing water.

If anyone does decide not to come, please drop me a PM or email.

See you all Sunday

Ian
Old 27-04-2012
Mad Member

What's the latest we can let you know? Could be a last minute decision for me as a long way to go!
Old 27-04-2012

i probably wont be able to get online Sunday morning, so tomorrow night really is the latest.
Old 28-04-2012

Hi all,

We've spent the day at the track changing it ready for tomorrow and its looking pretty damn good i think! We didn't have to sweep any standing water off the track and you go by the BBCs weather, we may even see some dry sunny stuff tomorrow! (here's hoping anyway )

anyway, some pics for you:

Old 28-04-2012
Mad Member

Looks great! Fingers crossed we get some dry time!
Old 28-04-2012
Mad Member

That looks awesome and weather forecast is looking better. Can't believe I've agreed to spend tomorrow decorating

Have fun everyone.
Old 28-04-2012
Mad Member

I'm hoping that there is enough people for an open class. Could some please confirm as I will have a very disappointed little boy if not.
Old 28-04-2012

Hi chef,

we still have 3 other people booked in, if we dont get anymore people then they will probably be mixed into the to the 4wd for qualifying and then have their own final

i have a feeling we'll get some more 2wd turn up on the day so we'll see what happens tomorrow

HTH

ian
Old 28-04-2012
Mad Member

Cool, as long as he gets to race he won't mind being mixed in with a low heat. Thank you.
Old 29-04-2012
Super Moderator

Great days racing today, ok the weather was naff but the track was excellent & a credit to all the hard work the herts team put in
Congrats to Kev Lee for the win

Old 29-04-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Top 10?
Old 29-04-2012

I dont have the exact top 10, we'll post it shortly, but from memory it was:

1 Kev Lee
2 Elliott Boots
3 Karl Jackson
4 Chris Smith
5 Shaun Howe

and pics of the winners

Old 29-04-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Ok thank you.

Look forward to results later
Old 29-04-2012

And now i've had time to get all my stuff in and sorted

thanks to everyone that attended today, i hope no one went hope with any major electrical damage. I think on the whole it was ok to run but things did get a bit too wet in round 4 so fair play to Keith on calling it there. Typically by 2.30 the sun shine is out

Big BIG thanks to everyone at the HNMC club for the help we had today, especially so to Marc Jones and Karl Jackson and all the other guys, you know who you are

thanks for the pics gainsy, ill pop them up on Facebook too if thats ok.

thanks again all