Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 03-02-2010
Mad Member

which ones are the ones missing? (or the ones people expected to be in there)
Old 03-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

The most obviuos absentee is the Trakpower Darks.....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 03-02-2010

50C SMC packs are legal, good as I was about to buy some.
Old 04-02-2010
Mad Member

I,m not sure if this has been asked before but will any more packs be added to the 2010 BRCA legal list over the next few weeks/months ? or is it final ?
Just curious as it seems BRCA legal brushless motors list gets updated throughout the year.
Old 04-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
The most obviuos absentee is the Trakpower Darks.....
Does anyone know why this is yet? seems odd after the way they sorta facelifted the old gold ones for last years list, then made a big noise about how potent the Dark series are.
Old 04-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgio View Post
I,m not sure if this has been asked before but will any more packs be added to the 2010 BRCA legal list over the next few weeks/months ? or is it final ?
Just curious as it seems BRCA legal brushless motors list gets updated throughout the year.
The battery lists (LiPo, NiMh, LiFe etc) all only get new cells added once a year, which is currently April 1st (submission deadline Dec 31st). As you rightly say, the motor lists are updated on average monthly, but can be as often as required.
Old 04-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Does anyone know why this is yet? seems odd after the way they sorta facelifted the old gold ones for last years list, then made a big noise about how potent the Dark series are.
Don't know the full reason, however they could have been oversized or even failed the safety drop test. You never know, they could have missed the Dec 31st deadline or not even submitted them.
Old 04-02-2010
Mad Member

I have emailed Trakpower asking why the Dark Series are not on the list. If i get a response i'll let you know
Old 04-02-2010

Send a message via MSN to Matt_N

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sleigh_ View Post
Don't know the full reason, however they could have been oversized or even failed the safety drop test. You never know, they could have missed the Dec 31st deadline or not even submitted them.
Trakpower Dark's are the same as the Robitronic 5000mah 40C afaik, which is on the list Oh well, I'm not too fussed, my SMC 5200mah 50C is on the list

Matt
Old 05-02-2010
Mad Member

Default *

Major thankyou to Mr Worsley - list out in plenty of time for next season - now means there are no excuses for not being ready for oncoming 2010 nationals. Thanks Jamie
Old 05-02-2010

Is there anything in the rules that stops us from changing the connectors on a lipo. I've got a GM saddle pack and I want to change the connectors.

What you guys think?

Cheers
Old 05-02-2010

Wow, a long list of made up ratings. If an LRP 40C pack doesn't compare to others' 35C packs, how can anyone expect that their 50C pack will be near accurate?

A few brands are getting guilty of this, LRP/Nosram, SMC, even (sigh...) Thunderpower...
Old 05-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Wow, a long list of made up ratings. If an LRP 40C pack doesn't compare to others' 35C packs, how can anyone expect that their 50C pack will be near accurate?

A few brands are getting guilty of this, LRP/Nosram, SMC, even (sigh...) Thunderpower...
Ignoring the absolute c rating for a moment, and making it absolutely clear I don't think further increases are needed performance wise, presumably they have improved the cells, or are you suggesting they are just putting them in bigger cases to trick people??

Can't see the latter, not a good sales technique to deliberately make them nit fit some cars so I'm guessing it's a necessary size increase!

Not saying it's not 30-40c rather than 40-50c mind, tbh I wouldn't know!
Old 05-02-2010

With regards to the TP Darks I am going to take punt in the dark here. Be clear, this an assumption based on ZERO fact.

I think, that they didn't submit.

Why - For the first time they used OEM, to meet the market demands, which meant (possibly) comprimising on standard. With an apparantly tight market (look how many are on the lists!), the ROI, (with assumed MOQ) was not sufficient to compromise a brand name like TP.

Why do I think the above -

Reading this: - http://www.flightpower.co.uk/ on the front page of the website. ( should it move it's here too http://www.flightpower.co.uk/newsOpe...ewsArchive.asp )

I reckon they'll re-emerge in the Track market with something exciting.

No facts, just a thought?
Old 06-02-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benh View Post
With regards to the TP Darks I am going to take punt in the dark here. Be clear, this an assumption based on ZERO fact.

I think, that they didn't submit.

Why - For the first time they used OEM, to meet the market demands, which meant (possibly) comprimising on standard. With an apparantly tight market (look how many are on the lists!), the ROI, (with assumed MOQ) was not sufficient to compromise a brand name like TP.

Why do I think the above -

Reading this: - http://www.flightpower.co.uk/ on the front page of the website. ( should it move it's here too http://www.flightpower.co.uk/newsOpe...ewsArchive.asp )

I reckon they'll re-emerge in the Track market with something exciting.

No facts, just a thought?
totally wrong sorry (apart from your last sentance in bold)

there is a clue in the latest RRCI advert!
as and when i can say more i will
Old 06-02-2010

wonder when trakpower are going to explain to everyone who bought the dark series why they cant use them at the nationals or euros or regionals or any sanctioned event and what they intend to do about it.
Old 06-02-2010

At least as far as Trakpower goes, there's been a management buyout, so that could have caused problems for submitting cells.

I know there should be some LRP micro lipos on there at some point, but at the submission date, SMD we're out of stock on them so couldn't submit them at the time, but I think they'd gotten the paperwork sorted, so hopefully they should be added at some point this year.

You could ask Paul why a certain lipo isn't on the list, but I'd think the obvious reason would be that it wasn't submitted or failed the test, and I think Paul might be a bit too happy to field hundreds of emails from angry racers.
Old 06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
wonder when trakpower are going to explain to everyone who bought the dark series why they cant use them at the nationals or euros or regionals or any sanctioned event and what they intend to do about it.
ask the question........... were they advertized as being BRCA legal?

Answer No, as every one says every year, You have to wait for the list to be sure!
Old 06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldmodels View Post
At least as far as Trakpower goes, there's been a management buyout, so that could have caused problems for submitting cells.

I know there should be some LRP micro lipos on there at some point, but at the submission date, SMD we're out of stock on them so couldn't submit them at the time, but I think they'd gotten the paperwork sorted, so hopefully they should be added at some point this year.

You could ask Paul why a certain lipo isn't on the list, but I'd think the obvious reason would be that it wasn't submitted or failed the test, and I think Paul might be a bit too happy to field hundreds of emails from angry racers.
you cant add lipos throughout the year, the list is fixed now. i know why the dark series are not on the list, the question is what are trak power going to do about the unhappy and out of pocket customers?
Old 06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldmodels View Post

lipo list is done once a year, next time anything is added will be this time next year