Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 26-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've had no problems binding two old hack modules with the newer V8R4-II rx's.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 14-02-2013

Done the Hack conversion on a couple of my flying radios but has anyone used the DJT plug in modual with the Esprit III ?
Old 14-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Finally got round to converting my esprit 2, worked a treat
As I wasn't confident enough to drill the case for the bind button & LED I went for a slightly different install.

The module is installed at the top of the KO behind the badges as there is plenty of space there.

The bind 'board' is installed in the old module (have removed the gubbins as in Cardnim's conversion notes.

To bind receivers now I can just open the module slightly and easily access the board which is held in place with servo tape.
The advantage of this is that you don't run the risk of drilling holes in the wrong place and the super bright LED is visible through the gaps in the case left by the module clips.

Big thanks to Cardnim for the guide, I wouldn't have had any confidence in tackling it myself and may be doing the same for someone else at club!
Old 19-02-2013
Mad Member

Despite mine and the OP's best efforts, we weren't able to go ahead with a how to for the Sanwa Super Exzes.

So if anyone else can step in and fill the void........??
Old 20-02-2013
Mad Member

Guys, does anyone know if FRSky do a module and or an RX to replace a Sanwa 442DS, a mate is looking for a new 442DS and cant not find one.

Cheers
Ross

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 27-02-2013

Default Hack module

The hack module has been discontinued and can't find it anywhere anyone know some where who has them in stock?
Old 27-02-2013
Mad Member

Yes the original hack module has been replaced by the DHT version which is essentially the same but has telemetry capability.

I think Giant Shark has them in.

T9 Hobbies also showing stock of the new modules as well
Old 27-02-2013

Default Hack Module

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickkydikky View Post
The hack module has been discontinued and can't find it anywhere anyone know some where who has them in stock?

I still have a brand new 1 with reciever in the forsale section.
Old 04-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silky View Post
Hi All, Has anyone else had problems when trying to use the V8R4-II with the module hack? I installed my module tonight into my 3GR and all seemed well, until I tried to bind with the V8R4-II, it simply would not bind. I double checked everything over and over and nothing worked. I then tried to bind to a friends car that has the mk1 V8R4 in and it DID bind perfect.

Do you think i have a faulty RX or have I bought the wrong one? I also tried to bind my friends car with my RX (V8R4-II) and this also failed to bind?

Thanks in advance.....
Hi

Did you ever resolve this? I've been running the mk1 recivers for about 6 months now with no problems. Just bought a v2 for a new car and initially it did bind but was a little slow to connect each time I switched on car. Now it takes about 15 seconds to connect which is difficult as I want to set my speedo up and the speedo goes out of setup mode before the radio binds!!

My other car with a mk1 still works fine.

Anyone else had this?

Cheers

Rob
Yokomo YZ4 SF2
Old 06-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
Hi

Did you ever resolve this? I've been running the mk1 recivers for about 6 months now with no problems. Just bought a v2 for a new car and initially it did bind but was a little slow to connect each time I switched on car. Now it takes about 15 seconds to connect which is difficult as I want to set my speedo up and the speedo goes out of setup mode before the radio binds!!

My other car with a mk1 still works fine.

Anyone else had this?

Cheers

Rob
After a bit of trawling through some RC plane sites I have found the solution. Thought I'd share in case anyone else had some problem.

I was trying to set car up on workbench with my transmitter next to car - within a foot or 2. Moved transmitter another couple of feet away and all problems disappeared. TX and RX bind instantly. Seems if the TX and RX are too close the signal somehow "swamps" the RX and it cannot detect it - sure there is a more technical explanation but not too bothered now I know solution.

Still don't have this issue with my Mk1 receivers but at least I can carry on using Frsky with Mk2 receivers which feel slightly more robust than the Mk1s and are still cheap as chips.

Cheers

Rob
Yokomo YZ4 SF2
Old 10-03-2013

I'm having issues with my KO E3 Universe 2.4ghz not "connecting". So i'm going give the FrSky a try , I've ordered the parts. I've also taken the handset apart . I'm now trying to decide where is best for the DHT Tx module Mode switch , any suggestions ?
Old 10-03-2013

friend of mine has a ko mars r,has anyone done one yet?

i gor ko 2 with it in and all works great,so glad i read this post first before buying a 300plus pound ko 3 as i still still the two is a better handset,and made with better plastics,not fudge!!

adam
Old 13-03-2013
Mad Member

A friend is installing the most recent DHT version in a KO Espit II and is seeking guidance!

This version:

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/frsky-24...-p-405725.html

he was wondering about the toggle switch! Is it required if he's not going to use the telemetry functionality and if it is required does anybody have any (polite!) suggestions where to put it!

This version is a slightly trickier fit anyway as the telemetry plug makes the unit a little snugger in the KO module casing!

He will be using the V8R4-II receivers.

http://www.edenparkraceway.com/
http://www.insidelinemodels.com/
http://www.pr-rc.com/
http://www.rcracer.com/
Old 13-03-2013
Mad Member

I've yet to fit one of the new telemetry hack modules I'm afraid Steve, so I can't really say whether the unit would still function if you removed the switch from the daughter board.

Best bet if it's not going to be used is to find a gap and hot glue it in place out the way!

I suppose you could remove the switch and see if everything still works without it - and if not - solder it back on!!
Old 13-03-2013
Mad Member

Thanks Dave, those are not dissimilar to our thoughts to!

Fortunately the toggle switch plugs into the daughter board so not too a tricky operation to locate somewhere out of the way!

Any other feedback would still be appreciated, ta!

http://www.edenparkraceway.com/
http://www.insidelinemodels.com/
http://www.pr-rc.com/
http://www.rcracer.com/
Old 28-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've just been into T9hobbysport to buy some new modules and receivers and they told me they are now the UK agent for FrSky products. They have a new website http://www.frsky-rc.co.uk where you can order product directly, and they offer tech support and product help. Give them a try!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-04-2013

This module make me confusing, Actually I don't really understand what does it mean. I think disconnecting some parts of this, would be the reason why trapped all the wire. I think the best thing you can do is to remove the toggle switch.
Old 02-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomiswanson View Post
This module make me confusing, Actually I don't really understand what does it mean. I think disconnecting some parts of this, would be the reason why trapped all the wire. I think the best thing you can do is to remove the toggle switch.
Yes just remove the toggle switch and solder it permanently in the 1-way/V8R4 compatible position. no need for the other/telemetry option here.
Old 07-04-2013

Hi,

I recently did thjis mod and used V8R4 receiver. Had two cars runnign with no issue. I since upgraded to V8R4 2 receiveras and headed to the track with 2 cars for the first time. To my dismay i got the occasional glitches on both cars.

This was the first time I have actually ever used 2 cars within one day. I found they bound OK but i got some glitches. Going thru rebinding when swapping cars seemed to stop it. Though it could have been luck that it just didnt happen after that.

Is it normal to be able to expect to just bind to two different ESCs easily?

Chris
Old 08-04-2013
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Could someone link me to the moduale and receiver I need for the silver KO espritt (sticks) from a UK supplier? Im not sure which one I need so would be great if a link could be given