Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 28-03-2011
Mad Member

Default What's a decent time for someone to confirm a sale?

I advertised on here, got two expressions of interest within hours ( ). I do a strict 'first-come-first-served', no messing about playing one off against the other.

The first person has not gone further with their purchase for four days, and I wonder what people think is a decent interval to wait before going back to the other person. It has been over a weekend (people could be away) but we now have two working days and no reply.

What would a good Oopler do here? I'm looking for good, considered advice, so please try to avoid the vernacular and anything involving personal insults or injury!!! Thanks in advance Ooplers.
Old 28-03-2011

I'd say post a message to buyer and give him 24 hours to respond, let him know if he doesnt you will sell to the other guy. Simples.
Old 28-03-2011
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

that sounds more than fair to me
Old 28-03-2011
Mad Member

Thanks guys. I had another plan, but that suggestion sounds better.

Cheers!
Old 29-03-2011

As a buyer, when dealing with a seller on here, as soon as a price is agreed, I've paid. No reason for any delay.

Message them, give them 24 hours and then move on.
Old 29-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernmonkey View Post
I'd say post a message to buyer and give him 24 hours to respond, let him know if he doesnt you will sell to the other guy. Simples.

This

fair and friendly
Old 29-03-2011

I rarely sell on here but buy a fair bit. Most of the time I pay immediately put am often away from home and via phone I see items I like so am unable to pay till I get to my home computer (I don't do PayPal via the phone). If this is so I always inform the seller of this before agreeing the deal and it is up to them to take it or not with no hard feelings either way. Only once I've had an issue, bought a very expensive item on a business trip with the help of a bottle of Zinfandel. The cold light of day gave me second thoughts so I let the guy know immediately and felt bad about it ever since.

Unless of some accident there are very few reasons why they should not know when they are going to pay and contact you about it. After this length of time he is either ignoring you hoping you'll just accept the deal is dead without letting you know or something has happened in which case he probably has bigger fish to fry and will accept that a long time without contact will lose the sale.

The 24 hour thing is spot on, then a polite message after that time saying why is perfect. I'd like to know what you were originally planning but then you probably wont want to put it on here.
Old 29-03-2011
Mad Member

Default What's a decent time for someone to confirm a sale?

I was going to say 2:15pm, but I think I misunderstood initially....

I think 24hours for confirmation - any longer than that is just not cricket.
But what's the point behind expressing an interest in something and then not buying it? Unless an offer is being made, usually the description and pictures tell the story, and a price is attached, so what else is there to know?
Old 29-03-2011

Also worth checking their profile page to see when the last time they logged on..........
Old 29-03-2011
Mad Member

Nige, good advice, wish I;d thought of that!

All's well that ends well, he got in touch and funds are on their way. Felt bad about the other guy, so managed to source another bit from a friend to offer to him too. Not quite the price he wanted, but we'll see...

I've only had good experience of Ooplers on here, so I do appreciate all the advice you've given, guys.