Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 28-06-2010

Default Speed Passion LPV v2.0/Hobbywing Xerun Questions

Hi folks,

Am looking at getting one of the Hobbywing ESC's as directed by a mate to try and give me a bit more pace. As I understand it, this ESC and accompanying programming module are the same as the Speed Passion ESC and its accompanying programming box.

Basically, is there any reason not to order this that anyone knows of? Only thing that concerns me is that I cant find any firmware for it on the Hobbywing site, only beta firmware via Rapidshare links on forums which is a bit off putting.

Any info or reasssurance I can get on these ESCs relating to the proudct or after-sales support would be great please. Oh, and do the wires come pre-soldered as in the pic?

Cheers!
Old 28-06-2010
Banned

there dam good sytem i use the 1/8 sytem and you need to put the bullets, on the esc and motor . the software is on the cd you get with them and the card reader and the black box that comes with them. all software is on the cd card reader etc . there dam good better than the new mamba monster lol
Old 28-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi madness View Post
there dam good sytem i use the 1/8 sytem and you need to put the bullets, on the esc and motor . the software is on the cd you get with them and the card reader and the black box that comes with them. all software is on the cd card reader etc . there dam good better than the new mamba monster lol
Thanks Losi Madness, is this definitely the same as the SP please, and do you mean i have to solder the bullets on for the battery end or the bullets shown at the pcb end? Do I need to do any soldering at the ESC end or are the wires all attached to the ESC as shown?

Thanks!

Old 28-06-2010
Banned

by the look of it take a look at the 120amps one there better as well send me a link to the listing.

wire from the esc need bullets putting on them a\nd the battery connector putting on
Old 28-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi madness View Post
Cheers, the listing is here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOBBYWING-XERU...item3f00b89d24

And the programming box here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOBBYWING-RC-2...item3f00ca8ee6

And the model that is supposedly the same as is here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPEXT98802LPB-...item2a08254aed

Essentially, the few things I'm just trying to confirm before I buy are:

1. That the ESC is the same as the Speed Passion one.
  2. The programming box is the right one (certain it is but there arent any product numbers mentioned anywhere linking the two).
  3. Wires are pre-soldered to the ESC.
  4. Any info regarding support or where upgraded firmware can be found.
Only running 13.5T so dont think the 120A one is necessary, and its quite a bit more expensive too. This shouyld be a lot better than my NOSRAM Evolution 2007 for 13.5T I hope!
Old 28-06-2010
Banned

yes that the right 2 items you need mate . but there not the same esc lol there just rebaged and sold as ezrun they all come from the same warehouse but sold to different companies . but speed passion esc about the same spec but better more amps etc order 1 . i want a 1/8 as well . its the shipping fees etc
Old 28-06-2010

Okey doke, so the only real difference is the amps as they are just the same product rebadged? Sounds OK to me, cheers for your help!
Old 28-06-2010
Banned

I am using a 1/8 sensorless know cogging what so ever there good lol and sensorless does cogg like mad but these are dam good and know cogging what so ever that with out a sensor lead
Old 28-06-2010

Cool stuff, and pretty racey too with the timing advance/turbo and all? Thx!
Old 28-06-2010
Banned

I use tekin motor that are sensored and i dont use a lead as they dont need one as there that smooth mate
Old 28-06-2010

Cool, Im gonna have to crack open the piggy bank I fear

Thx for your help!
Old 28-06-2010

We have 5 speedpassion speedos..lpf and pro..all sensored, smooth as silk and can be fully refurbished via shuey for £40...A friend of mine has ordered a combo from hkong so i'l comment further when i see his perform next to mine on the track..imo you get what you pay for.
Old 28-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops View Post
We have 5 speedpassion speedos..lpf and pro..all sensored, smooth as silk and can be fully refurbished via shuey for £40...A friend of mine has ordered a combo from hkong so i'l comment further when i see his perform next to mine on the track..imo you get what you pay for.
OK cheers, will look forward to hearing from you. Have ordered one too so fingers crossed.
Old 02-07-2010
Mad Member

Smile

hi just my two pence worth

i believe speed passions are rebadged xerun esc not to be confused with ezrun which are sensorless brushless esc/motors .
my lad runs a 13.5t ezrun combo bought for £40 s/h and we are very pleased with it no cogging or running problems so far . OK its not in the league of the latest top spec gear but on slippery wooden floor it well capable of holding it own power and speed wise.

hope this helps if not ignore the above drivel

dave
Old 03-07-2010

great speedos for the price, exactly the ame as the speed passion just rebranded. got mine last week for £70 from hong kong all cables come solderd on to esc you just have to add connectors for battery. as far as ive been told you can put the speed passion software on it
hope this helps
Old 03-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops View Post
imo you get what you pay for.
Your right, the thing is you get a whole lot more for your money if you get the Xerun! I have a Speedpassion LPF that cost £120 and a 120amp Xerun that cost £80. Both have the same settings, but the Xerun's got a higher amp rating, only costs 2/3rds of the price (almost half the price of the £150 near equivalent Gt2.0 Pro) and has the larger capacitor pack.

Ludlow Radio Car Club

LRCC Youtube Vid.
Old 13-06-2011

i have a speed-passion gt2.1 and the associated SP programming cards (both the field one , and the usb one),,amd looking at a Hobbywing esc as a spare, does the SP program card(s) work with the Hobbywing esc's?
Old 13-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yes they do. If it's the LED one it's plug and play, if it's the USB one then you will need to flash the firmware in the LCD programer to the HobbyWing version for it to be able to see the HobbyWing firmware site. Can always be flashed back and forth between SP and HobbyWing as I did this until I was confident the HobbyWing firmware was always the superior version (which I trully believe it is).
Old 18-06-2011

Default Hobbywing Units

Hi Guys, just to let you know our latest shipment is in. The Black 1s ESC (Which needs no booster battery etc) and our Black 120Amp V2.1 are back in everything else is due by end of next week.

Until the 21st June we are extending the Pre Order Discounting for in Stock units with free shipping, oh and don't forget the 'oople' voucher code for an ADDITIONAL Discount !!!

http://www.racersinexile.org.uk/XERU...0_2127148.aspx

http://www.racersinexile.org.uk/Hobb...0_3754996.aspx

Cheers all !!!
Old 20-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Glad to see you on here Stuart ... I best give you a call today.