Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 16-05-2013

Default SV2 set up question

Going to be running my SV2 on grass Sunday. The traction is likely to be low due to rain or the grass being worn away throughout the day....

Will it be worthwhile fitting a wider rear camber link plate & shortening the links?

I remember my old SV being great on high traction but hideous on low....

Any advice appreciated
Old 16-05-2013

We've found on wet astro at least that lengthening the rear camber link by using the outer hole on the rear hub and removing the 2.5mm spacer from below the rear camber plate and placing the spacer on top of the plate gives a more grippy balanced feel in low traction. Removing this spacer raises the rear roll centre which is more suited to low grip conditions.

As I said I've only tried this on wet astro with BB green tyres all round, on very wet grass the best tyres out there seems to be the Schumacher full spikes from what I've seen. Of the minispike tyres its a toss up to whether green or white compound is the way to go, green are softer so will technically create more grip but the white's have a harder spike which will dig into the ground better and offer better forward drive.

Chris