Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 10-10-2010

Default Pre-booking, track setup and packing away.

Can I please remind you all once again to pre-book in advance if your racing at the club. When I say it makes my life easier to know in advance that your attending I really mean it! If you are going to be late, don't worry. By pre-booking you will be put into a heat so you're all sorted when you arrive.

Likewise, if you are early arriving, instead of sitting down in the pits and chatting, please ask Paul if there is anything you can do to help with setting out the track. It really doesn't take much effort to help out...

Also, at the end of the evening, rather than packing up your gear and heading off early, it would help us all if everyone did their little bit to help packup. I appreciate that some of you with young kids want/need to leave early, and I have no problem with that, but for the rest of you, a little help can go a long way to making it easier for those who are left to pack up.

It's a little embrassing when you have 2 guests staying until the very end to help pack up the track, yet members of the club have long gone

I know that every club and and down the country suffer this problem. I don't think we need to introduce financial incentives as some clubs do to try and get people to help out. At the end of the day it's simply a case of common sense and comon decency to help out the club.

People are always quick to moan about how clubs run, I sometimes wish the same people were as quick to offer a helping hand...

Moan over

On the up side, the racing seems to be getting better with each week. Some great battles on track this week and all very clean and fair. Everyone is certainly enjoying their racing which is great to see
Old 11-10-2010

Wink

If that post was meant for me i appologise but had a stinking cold all week and just had to get home so truely sorry but its the first time ive done it so please dont hurt me. a few of us were chatting and with out wishing to upset anyone the tamiya mini's are to big and weighty to run along side the mardave if there is a coming together then the mardaves literaly go flying so if people want to run tamiya minis then maybe they should run with the micro's

sorry to moan craig
Old 11-10-2010

My comments were not aimed directly at anyone specifically Craig.

Several people have voiced their opinion to me over the past few meetings about members not helping with the setup or packing away.

It's always a balancing act running the meetings between very relaxed and trying to ensure everything runs smoothly. The problems with the printer didn't help matters this week. I too was feeling under the weather on Friday so was not at my best either.

I guess what I was trying to get across in the post above is that if we all help out on the night the club runs smoother. I hear your comments regards to the Mini's (see my PM)

Regards
Old 21-10-2010

Just a reminder to pre book in everyone, if you haven’t already done so
Need to keep the leader happy