Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 24-04-2012

Default Losi xxx-sct or Ansmann x2sc

Hi, Just wanting some advice really, I'm looking at getting a Losi xxx-sct but it doesn't seem to be popular (or is that just me?) but I've also been looking at the x2sc as it seems to have a following on here, but is it cheap because it's end of line? Any comments welcome, Cheers.
Old 24-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I dont think the x2sc is end of line but i had heard that the main warehouse in germany had over stocked on a few kits, this being one of them and needed to clear stock (end of yr tax man?? )

tbh i think they an excellent truck and hope to have one.. eventually

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 24-04-2012

Cheers Dave, any thoughts on the Losi?
Old 24-04-2012
Mad Member

The Ansmann is a spot on truck if you can keep it on all 4 wheels and between the hoses, it's not the strongest design but are very cheap to buy ATM and spares are cheap... Rob Jaques was thrashing us on Sunday with his but had electrical Gremlins so couldn't manage the win.

I run a XXX-SCT and it's very strong, transmission is solid etc, I do have the TLR kit so have the ball diff etc but highly recommend the truck.

I've fitted the Proline hex conversion so I can use same wheels front and back as it has bearings in front wheels as standard and odd rear offset as standard.

The Losi is imperial hardware too!
Old 24-04-2012

Cheers for that, I do prefer the Losi, are spares an issue? also where can you get the front wheel conversion?
Cheers.
Old 24-04-2012

Just bought an X2SC pro from modesport for 80. Excellent value and very please with the quality for the price. However. The screws are absolutely rubbish. Soft heads. Get worn just putting them in so invest in a screw pack if you do. 80...great value

Trader Feedback Link
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88156
Old 24-04-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martgifford View Post
Just bought an X2SC pro from modesport for 80. Excellent value and very please with the quality for the price. However. The screws are absolutely rubbish. Soft heads. Get worn just putting them in so invest in a screw pack if you do. 80...great value
Yeah the screws are not great, but half of that is down to the plastics being quite hard when you are trying to thread the holes. Best thing to do is thread the holes first with a caphead screw.

Stainless screw set can be had off eBay for 8 pounds though :-)

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 24-04-2012

Ebay is where i am heading. But I got about 6 rounded out. So I need to extract them. Its a lot of work and rather frustating.

Trader Feedback Link
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88156
Old 24-04-2012

ansmann seems good value, you can buy 2 at one time and still spend same/less than similar spec trucks

( i like my blitz though)

Not a trucking clue what short course I'll use next year. Any offers 😂
Old 24-04-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martgifford View Post
Ebay is where i am heading. But I got about 6 rounded out. So I need to extract them. Its a lot of work and rather frustating.
Dremel a cutting disk and a flat head screwdriver works for me :-)

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 25-04-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipcars View Post
Cheers for that, I do prefer the Losi, are spares an issue? also where can you get the front wheel conversion?
Cheers.
Haven't needed any spares as yet since October and it takes some punishment, i recently broke a rear bumper mount but was seriously trying to break the truck on purpose to find a weak point... not proud of it tbh (although the crowd were laughing and cheering! ) but the rear bumper mount was broken dropping 30ft into the floor out of the event tent roof of Arena X venue after launching flat out from a big wall ride and going vertical!

A1 Hobbies have all of the spares you would need on the shelf for a XXX-SCT, they also got me the Proline conversion, you need the rear hexes to do the full conversion but it means you can run/swap same wheels back and front plus gives you more option of wheel styles being able to run any zero offset SCT wheels (proline slash pro-trac fitment, Losi SCTE fitting, AE SC10 4x4 fitting)

I would recommend the Exotec steering/chassis brace as it really takes the flex from steering arm mounts under load, not vital as i've only fitted it this weekend and have run the truck since October, but it does strengthen it up.

Buying a XXX-SCT at my running spec would not be cheap but give you a top spec very competitive racer, the TLR kit is a bargain for the upgrades you get at £120ish retail but bumps the total rolling cost right up, plus i run TLR 22 big bore shocks on mine (had them spare in pitbox and loads of springs/pistons etc to use) but tbh the kit shocks are fine (used blue/green front springs and pink rears), the TLR kit threaded upgrade ones with gold shafts are better and easier to adjust. Have just fitted the slimline XXX-SCB chassis on mine to help air escape the body better, and on first testing last night it is a great improvement in jumping/flying (not that the truck has any issues as standard, SCT's naturally suffer parachute effect when doing big jumps so this has helped a lot and give more of an edge over the other trucks!)

Wouldn't knock the Ansmann, great truck, i ran a cheaper spec C.O.R.E for a bit last summer and it was great out of the box with bearings fitted, i didn't break it but doubt it would take the hard knocks that other SCT's will as standard.

As much as i love my Losi and won't be changing from it in a hurry, for the money atm i'd go with the X2SC tbh, absolute bargain, its fully loaded with decent shocks, turnbuckles, ball diff, CVD's, bearings, composite materials, clear body, etc... I got good results with the Ansmann and Rob is going to do serious damage to the SCT National championship this year with his if he goes like he did on Sunday at Coventry (sort your electrics out Mr! )

The bonus with Ansmann is that 12mm Hex Blitz fitment wheels go straight on all round so very easy to get rims in most styles wihout having to convert at extra cost.

A1 Hobbies also have the X2SC in stock for same price and carry all Ansmann parts/SCT wheels tyres etc, so well worth getting in touch with Lewis there.

Sorry to do this... but.... if you or anyone else is not in a rush for a 2WD SCT, then waiting for the Durango DESC210R is well advised... that truck is going to change the game for sure, have seen the prototype and it looks very good, plus have seen it running and it's awesome (have raced and tested alongside it so know how competitive it is!) should be reasonably priced in the market too but atm no release date as yet... but would hope it will be very soon... seriously tempted tbh
Old 04-05-2012

Many thanks for the information Freckly Chimp. I have gone for the Losi and am in the process of getting it running. Looking forward to running it soon at Adur.
Cheers.
Old 05-05-2012
Mad Member

Brilliant news and great choice in truck

We are all down at SHRCCC for the SCT National rd2 next weekend, so get your truck running and come and have a blast, if not come and say hello,

If you need any pointers with setting the truck up etc then give me a shout and i'll help as best as can.

Mark