Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8 Nitro Off Road / Rallycross

Old 17-09-2010
Gypsy Member

Default what 1/8th winter series in nw ...

hi fellas been hoping to run a few 1/8th meetings this winter. with brushless not nitro but dont think that makes a differance really.
i live in beetween bury and blackburn in the north west so pendle and preston are the 2 nearest tracks. and kiegthly is ruuning electric 8th a bit to.
but i am new to 8th racing so not sure wich track/series it is best to compete in . or even what club days are running for a bit of practice. so any help and reccommendations are appreciated
cheers
Old 20-09-2010
Gypsy Member

probly pendle then...any other 1st timers racing winter series or events
Old 20-09-2010

Send a message via MSN to birdy

Mate you need to get down to NNRC in kirkham near preston, full astro track for some nice clean winter racing.

www.bmrcc.co.uk
Old 21-09-2010
Gypsy Member

kirkham aint that far either. when is your next meeting and do you race evenings .
thanks birdy i will show up and have a bash
Old 21-09-2010

Send a message via MSN to birdy

Our next meeting is on the 10th October.

www.bmrcc.co.uk
Old 21-09-2010

Yeah gotta be NNRC for the winter series i think, I dearly love Pendle its such a flowing track but with it being a dirt track, race days get cancelled during winter quite a lot.
Their is a race day this sunday(september 26th) if you fancy checking it out, also check the pdmcc website to make sure its not cancelled with all the wet weather
Old 21-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygibbon View Post
hi fellas been hoping to run a few 1/8th meetings this winter. with brushless not nitro but dont think that makes a differance really.
i live in beetween bury and blackburn in the north west so pendle and preston are the 2 nearest tracks. and kiegthly is ruuning electric 8th a bit to.
but i am new to 8th racing so not sure wich track/series it is best to compete in . or even what club days are running for a bit of practice. so any help and reccommendations are appreciated
cheers
hi, we are running a winter series on proper dirt, the track holds up to the weather really well even during rain.
also we have practice on thursday nights at the moment, 5pm - 8pm (may change to tuesdays???) and these sessions are now floodlit which is going down really well. www.mmrx-wakefield.co.uk cheers
Old 21-09-2010

It is also worth while checking on here on a regular basis because mmrx HAVE PRACTICE DAYS THAT RUN NEARLY ALL DAY ON A SUNDAY.

The track isn't open every sunday.

If you are new then it is definately worth a visit as you can play all day for a tenner and it will give you some priceless tuning/ set up time without the rush of a full race meet.

MMRX and all the people that attend are very friendly and you never go far wrong when it comes to advise. Plus with the full back up of Morley Model Centre you can get parts.