Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 02-02-2017

Default Re-release / Originals

There appears to be very split opinion on the effect of re-re's on the value if original issue kits.

From what I have seen the re release kits do (short term) lower the value of original equipment. However they do recover. I think genuine collectors know that you can't replace the original stuff and therefore the values are only affected temporarily.

The flip side is that people who couldn't afford these great kits the first time round get a second chance. This should be embraced. The effects are only temporary on originals.

The hobby gets to continue, we all get what we want in the long run and this should be celebrated.

BTW. I finally have an Optima in the stable.
Old 03-02-2017
Mad Member

I don't buy an RC car to make money, period. Never have, never will, in fact any I have sold, I've about broke even, and folk have had some bang tidy buggies over the years from my work.

So it matters not to me, I buy it because it's a memory, or passion for the subject matter, and scalping fellow racers or hoarding, is the last thing I'd think of.

I love reading rereleases, they allow many to purchase cars that have long been OOP, or, are way to hot to buy, due to said greedy monkeys.

If you start throwing profit into it, IMO, your not having fun anymore.

Lee
Old 03-02-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphee View Post
I don't buy an RC car to make money, period. Never have, never will, in fact any I have sold, I've about broke even, and folk have had some bang tidy buggies over the years from my work.

So it matters not to me, I buy it because it's a memory, or passion for the subject matter, and scalping fellow racers or hoarding, is the last thing I'd think of.

I love reading rereleases, they allow many to purchase cars that have long been OOP, or, are way to hot to buy, due to said greedy monkeys.

If you start throwing profit into it, IMO, your not having fun anymore.

Lee
I love your thinking, as I can't think of any of my cars that I could break even on after cleaning them up let alone make a profit lol. For me it's the joy of owning a buggy I used to have or 1 I never had the chance to.

with re re it gives you the chance to either buy a new 1 or use the parts to rebuild the 1 you have either way win-win

I've got a couple of nib buggies in my collection atm and they will all be built because for me what's the point of owning a box of parts that you can't enjoy building or looking at, just my insane way of thinking
Old 07-02-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro RC View Post
I love your thinking, as I can't think of any of my cars that I could break even on after cleaning them up let alone make a profit lol. For me it's the joy of owning a buggy I used to have or 1 I never had the chance to.

with re re it gives you the chance to either buy a new 1 or use the parts to rebuild the 1 you have either way win-win

I've got a couple of nib buggies in my collection atm and they will all be built because for me what's the point of owning a box of parts that you can't enjoy building or looking at, just my insane way of thinking

You are definitely not insane....