Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 09-01-2011

Question ATTENTION CRAWLER OWNERS.... help ?

hi all... in the process of building a 2.2crawler... im just going for all out articulation... im coming to building (cutting + drilling) the chassis out... trusty 3mm grp... as i dont have my links yet.. i was just wondering.. what is the distance between your links and shocks... also... any pictures would be much appreciated

(BTW the crawler will be using axial ax10 gearbox)

Old 10-01-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
what is the distance between your links and shocks
In my case, the lower shock mount is in line with the lower pivots and the upper shock mount is 5mm away from the upper link mount, although I'm running a Top Banana chassis with MOA Berg axles so no weight in the centre of the chassis.http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_m...d=85784&id=297

Don't bother with all out articulation, that's so 2005. I had crawlers that would do over 90 degrees articulation back then and all it does is bind themselves up when they over flex. You only need at most 60 degrees of flex and that's way more than most comp winning crawlers have. Things have moved on from articulation shots.

To get ideas just look through the AX10 section on Rccrawler http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73 loads of build threads there so you can see what chassis are used.