Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 12-01-2011

Default Rc18mt

Hi all new to this forum
I have had a team associated rc18mt for the past 5 years
Found it in the attic the other night
I am wanting to turn to alley every part
Were the best part to get the parts from in the uk ??
There loads on united states ebay
But not ebay uk

Also what the best brushless kit to get for it ??

Thanks Ryan
Old 12-01-2011
oOple Advertiser

The new Reedy Micro brushless systems are very good and not too expensive either, ideal for that truck.

As far as alloy goes, not always the best thing to do, but if you do decide to go that route there are tons of parts on offer over here in the shops from the likes of Fastrax, Integy, Exotek and even Team Associated own Factory Team range to name just a few....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 12-01-2011

rcmodelimports.com

Old 12-01-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefton-10 View Post
Hi all new to this forum
I have had a team associated rc18mt for the past 5 years
Found it in the attic the other night
I am wanting to turn to alley every part
Were the best part to get the parts from in the uk ??
There loads on united states ebay
But not ebay uk

Also what the best brushless kit to get for it ??

Thanks Ryan

Hi Ryan

Also pop over and register on the UKs only dedicated Micro Forum http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/index.php and ask the questions, someone will point you in the right direction

As the above post says check out http://www.rcmodelimports.co.uk as well

Andy
Old 14-01-2011

aye would agree. ally not the best way to go. Better way to go is you can get an exotek conversion kit. Its carbon fibre convertion.costs around 80quid I ran it on my rc18 1.0 before i got the new rc18t2. Was awsome. Comes with few bits of ally, but the carbon really gets rid of the flex in the chassie. Also i good set of shocks for the original rc18 wouldnt go a miss coz the original ones are rubbish. The new factory team shocks work well and another popular alternative is the 3 racing shocks, around 20quid. But if you spending that amount your almost able to buy the new RC18t2.

If its bag for buck wouldnt bother with ally and all that crap, its expensive and not really performace related just bling on the rc18. Are you racing it? Where? Are you planning on making any nationals?

Electric wise theres a few options. I use both Reedy and Mtronics combos. Reedy is smaller smoother and better but it costs more than the bigger Mtronics. but the Mtronics combo is around 55quid and reedy is around 80quid. you'd want a 5000kv combo set on either. You'v most liky got a servo and radio gear already but most run the savox series of servos. tidy one is around 18 quid.

The guys that race the national series this year are all using the rc18t2 including myself, works well enough out the box. the factory team one is around 100quid. well well worth it. They also do an RTR every thing you need inc the reedy speedo and motor and a 2.4ghz radio system for around 170 which is an amazing deal.

Like you said before you rc18mt is around 5 years old. it is an older design now an will lack pace while racing at a higher level. but all depends what you want to do.