Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 09-07-2008

Is it just me or does the Losi Excelorin look EXACTLY like a Novak GTB painted blue & black?
Old 09-07-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mog ruith View Post
did you run the sp gt speedo or the exige??
does anyone knows how good does the exige performs??
Don't bother with the exige, the LPF is far better value for money and gives you a better range of usefull adjustments. I used an LPF with a Lipo and a 5.5T motor and it performed and didn't even get warm with the fan on. Without the fan it was still about 10°C way away from thermalling.
Old 09-07-2008

Hi Guys, ive just got back into rc car scene with a Durga after too long away; so long infact my last car was a Boomerang if anyone remembers it
And im looking for some help from you ultra knowledgable people about a little steering problem I have. Basically the car seem to steer to the left all the time, ive set the steering arms exactly as said in the manual and played around with the trim alot but that just send the steering off the otherway too much and never in the centre. One of my friends said it may be the servo not set correctly but i've taken the arms off them and it seems completely central to me. Has anyone got any ideas what i need to do im completely at loss with this
Old 10-07-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3mentor View Post
Hi Guys, ive just got back into rc car scene with a Durga after too long away; so long infact my last car was a Boomerang if anyone remembers it
And im looking for some help from you ultra knowledgable people about a little steering problem I have. Basically the car seem to steer to the left all the time, ive set the steering arms exactly as said in the manual and played around with the trim alot but that just send the steering off the otherway too much and never in the centre. One of my friends said it may be the servo not set correctly but i've taken the arms off them and it seems completely central to me. Has anyone got any ideas what i need to do im completely at loss with this
Could it be you have massive binding in your steering? If it doesn't move freely it will center badly. Have you checked that your wheels are on tight and the hexes are still fixed with the little pins? If not you would have 3-wheel drive and it would dart off in that direction too...
Old 10-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow.2 View Post
Get yourself a brushless system. Less maintenance to do and it will last you longer.
unfortunately i can't use a brushless because the TAC race allows only the use of sport tuned motor. that's the reason why i'm looking for an esc good enough for racing....
Old 10-07-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonz View Post
unfortunately i can't use a brushless because the TAC race allows only the use of sport tuned motor. that's the reason why i'm looking for an esc good enough for racing....
In that case look around for a secondhand LRP quantum or so. They are totally microscopic. Otherwise the Speed Passion LPF also does brushed, which might be a little more "futureproof"...
Old 10-07-2008

Quote:
Don't bother with the exige, the LPF is far better value for money and gives you a better range of usefull adjustments. I used an LPF with a Lipo and a 5.5T motor and it performed and didn't even get warm with the fan on. Without the fan it was still about 10°C way away from thermalling.
lpf? what esc is that? i know of the sp gt and only the exige
Old 10-07-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mog ruith View Post
lpf? what esc is that? i know of the sp gt and only the exige
Well then look here --> http://www.speedpassion.net/
Old 10-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

its the low profile one
Old 10-07-2008

Quote:
Well then look here --> http://www.speedpassion.net/
thanks for the link now i know whats the lpf esc is
anyway why does it states speed passionX hobbywing?? anything related?
and has anyone used a hobbywing esc before? care to comment on the performance? im waiting for the yeah racing esc to be launch and depends on how it perform i may get it or else its the sidewinder
Old 10-07-2008
Mad Member

Hobbywing is the manufacturer for Speedpassion, Venom, probably Orion when they come out and they sell stuff under their own name too.
The LPF is great! Ran the Belgian GP with it and it held up great. Very nice power delivery and zero problems all weekend running a 5.5 and lipo, which is the maximum the LPF is supposed to be able to handle and it didn't even get overly warm with the fan on.
The 7.5 which came bundled with the speedo is very nice too, great for dusty, low-grip tracks.
Old 10-07-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

guys, can we get back to the durgaliscious please.... get a speedpassion room if you need
Old 10-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
guys, can we get back to the durgaliscious please.... get a speedpassion room if you need
Yes i agree with you, but these guys have now opened my eyes to a nice looking speedo that i might buy in the future. By the way DCM i have the Diff issue on my Durga all sorted out. She is now running like an official champ. Gotta love it
Old 10-07-2008

top man AJ, just make sure you keep an eye on it, and that it doesn't get allowed to slip and all should be well.

(speedo, take a look at the Tekin RS)
Old 10-07-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

Anybody care to throw some advice my way as to what tooth pinion to start off with on a Peak Vantage 12 double? I'm gonna give brushed a shot just to see if its any more 'driveable' with my (very) limited ability. I'll be sticking with the stock 91T spur, 18T centre and 37T diff pulleys.
Old 10-07-2008

depends on the track, between 18 and 21 I would of thought, I would start with an 18
Old 11-07-2008
Mad Member

I ran an Orion V2 12x1 on an 18 indoors, would maybe go one or two teeth higher on a bigger track.
Old 11-07-2008

I'm running an 18 on my 6.5 brushless. It's about like a 11 or 12 turn brushed motor.
Old 11-07-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
...a 5.5 and lipo, which is the maximum the LPF is supposed to be able to handle and it didn't even get overly warm with the fan on...
IIRC the limit is only given for 4wd on-road applications, i.e. touring cars.
I've got the LPF myself and can only recommend it to anyone!
Old 11-07-2008

Today I got my DB01 and some hopup goodies from RC Champ. First thing I did was compare the the Carbon reinforced chassis with the kit chassis. What I found was that despite the cutouts for the motor and the battery slots, the carbon chassis felt considerably stiffer. What was a bit strange was that despite the carbon fibres and these cutouts, the carbon chassis weighs 186g compared to 190g for the kit chassis.

building starts tonight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01047.jpg (43.1 KB, 62 views)