Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Tiverton Radio Controlled Car Club

Old 15-08-2011

Default 1/10 Electric touring cars

Hi , i raced these when i lived in Norfolk and now im living in Newton Abbot i would love to get back into it . We raced indoors on some form of carpet and it was great fun once i overcame the nerves
So is there anywhere here in devon where this is done on a regular basis , I have read somewhere about these cars being raced on outdoor tracks , are they the same chassis fitted with different tyres ?

Andy
Old 16-08-2011

Hi Andy as far as i know there is a winter series between torbay and plymouth speak to Action Model Centre he will know the details
http://www.actionmodelcentre.com/

I run a club near honiton we race Tamiya Mini's and 1/10 off road on a slippery wooden floor www.trcmcc.co.uk (ignore the carpet on the pictures as we no longer use it) our next meeting is on tomorrow we start at 7pm If you want to come but can't get there until later just contact me through the link on the website and i will book you in.

The Tiverton club run a couple of heats of touring cars on their tarmac track at every meeting http://sites.google.com/site/tivertonrccc/home

Paul

2014 & 2013 BRCA 4WD 1/10 Off Road Southwest Regional Champion
1998 BRCA 1/10 IC Circuit British Champion
www.racing-cars.com/
WWW.WESTCOUNTRYRESORTS.CO.UK
WWW.TRCMCC.CO.UK
Old 16-08-2011

Thanks Paul for the reply , I gave action a ring and they were very helpful . It would seem there is a following for the 1/10 electric touring cars so i think i may have a look round and see what i can find second-hand , Then possibly join Tiverton and take it from there

Andy