Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 01-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Southport winter series ?

Just wondering if Southport will be running a winter series ?
Old 01-09-2009

Send a message via MSN to craigosh

We won't be running a winter series as I don't think we can fit it in to the calendar with the other venues like Worksop and Bury , as well as the schools use of both halls!!

But we are going to try and run two GP events this year if we can fit them in.
We'll definitely run the one GP like we have been for the last few years.

Also a couple of 'Frozen Fingers' events are on the cards, as now we've got rid of the grass we can run pretty much all year round.

Keep an eye on www.srcc.co.uk for more details of future events and we'll also post here as soon as we have something concrete.
Old 01-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

lovely job cheers
Old 04-10-2009

It's looking more likely that we will be exclusively outdoors all winter, due to issues with the school hall we usually use.

Old 04-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddybux View Post
It's looking more likely that we will be exclusively outdoors all winter, due to issues with the school hall we usually use.
So far we are awating a decision from the school govenors which will determine how the winter season will proceed.

Before the school threw a spanner in the works it was planned that we would run a few outdoor "frozen fingers" meetings on weeks when the hall was unavailable.

We will endevour to provide indoor racing for winter, maybe at a different venue or maybe a reduced calendar. If all goes in our favour at the govenors meeting then the indoor season might run as normal.

At the moment its a case of watch this space.
Old 20-12-2009

hi
does your club run touring cars ???

many thanks
Old 20-12-2009
Mad Member

we do, but they are by far the least well supported class
Old 21-12-2009

This year so far we have only had 2 touring cars in total. The carisma style small scale tourers are quite well supported and get 1 or 2 heats of them on ordinary club weeks.

Buggys have come back as the dominant indoor class, so far there has been several heats of 2wd each week and at least one heat of 4wd.
Old 15-01-2010

Send a message via ICQ to apple_fanta Send a message via Skype™ to apple_fanta

can i race my hyper 7 tq sport .28 buggy in this if it does end up going ahead? also what dates are you looking round for organising the events?
Old 15-01-2010
Mad Member

1/10th 1/18th electric only mate.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 20-01-2010

Hello there, im planning (if youll heave me) to be a recurring member.
I was just wondering what classes are likely to be running this sunday and what are the regulations (motors etc) for such classes.
Also though I am not currently a BRCA member (Though have been for a few years previously) would it be possible for me to compete this sunday providing i bring my own equipment and vehicle.

Sorry and one more...you are holding your events at Formby high school yes?

Matt
Old 21-01-2010
Mad Member

http://www.srcc.co.uk/index.php?pid=8

our calendar, 1/10th 2wd or 4wd or 1/10th truck electric cars is what 90%(ish) of people run, there are some 1/18th cars but not many,
You can run 3 meetings without a brca membership then you must join them for insurance and other reasons.
NO 1/8th cars at all NO nitro at all either.
any motors can be run and any lipos can be run but must be hard cased.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 21-01-2010

Thanks for the speedy responce
So how does it work competitivly if everyone just runs what they like? or is there just a general consensus amongst racers that a certain motor works best?
is it 1/18 buggys and trucks mingled?
What about TCs? I have been told they run every other week.
Old 21-01-2010

This sunday is outdoors (weather permitting) at Victoria Park, Southport - there is a big indoor meeting on elsewhere, so it will probably be a smallish turn out and a nice informal meeting where will try and get 5 rounds and final if time allows. Check the website before you set off to check that its still on.

Most of the winter season we run indoors at Formby High.

Classes normally run outdoors are 2wd 1/10th off-road / 4wd 1/10th off-road and 1/10th Truck. Segregation of classes this week will be dependant on how many of each turn up.

Indoors we cater mainly for 2wd and 4wd, no trucks (to big) and recoil/carisma touring cars (1/14th).

All information you need, directions, times, prices etc is on the website...
www.srcc.co.uk

You can run a maximum of three meetings without BRCA, then you must have valid BRCA membership for insurance cover. Joining the BRCA via club affiliation is slightly cheaper than joining directly.

If you want to join up then...
Club Membership form is HERE
BRCA Membership form is HERE

You can return the forms with a cheque by post or hand them in cash/cheque at race control.

If you need any help or more information, ask on the club website or send me or Sly PM.

See you sunday hopefully
Old 21-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manix View Post
Thanks for the speedy responce
So how does it work competitivly if everyone just runs what they like? or is there just a general consensus amongst racers that a certain motor works best?
is it 1/18 buggys and trucks mingled?
What about TCs? I have been told they run every other week.
The outdoor track is a large off-road track so is only really suitable for 1/10th scale electric buggies and trucks.

Indoors we will basically run anything that is electric powered and 1/10th scale or less. Certain weeks on the calendar buggies (2wd and 4wd seperate classes) are scoring points, other weeks its recoil/carisma cars as these are the popular classes at the moment.

In previous years 1/10th touring and mardave have been popular, but this year its recoil/carisma.

Any other classes run are just subject to numbers in attendance. We will normally run an additional class if there half a dozen cars of that class.
Old 21-01-2010

So basically anything goes because there are no points to be scored apart from selected buggy weeks.
Any models/motors/tires.
I take it we wont be using personal transponders for lap timings.
What is the track surface like? Ive raced on prima felt GT befor so i guess it'll be similar?

See ya Sunday

Matt
Old 21-01-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manix View Post
So basically anything goes because there are no points to be scored apart from selected buggy weeks.
Any models/motors/tires.
I take it we wont be using personal transponders for lap timings.
What is the track surface like? Ive raced on prima felt GT befor so i guess it'll be similar?

See ya Sunday

Matt
I get the impression you think it's some sort of free for all Matt, and it certainly is not that.

The meeting is run as you would expect any meeting to be run, so we put all the buggies together split between 2wd and 4wd and we run all on-road classes together in their own heats, subject to numbers in attendance. If there are not enough numbers to run one car in their own class then that class will be merged with another, so you get mardaves running with recoils for example.

We even run proper lap timing equipment with handout transponders or your own pt.

We dont restrict motors/tyres/cells in the cars but we do insist that all lipos used are ideally on the brca sanctioned list, or are at least hardcased and correctly charged. We do insist that all 12v batteries are in leak proof containers.

We suggest a motor limit of 6.5 brushless, but if you can get your car safely around the track with a 4.5 in it, without causing damage to other cars/people then go for it - but if the race director on the day thinks a car or driving is unsafe then that will be pointed out to the driver and if nothing is done to improve the situation then they will be asked to leave.

I don't want to appear draconian in my reply, but I am very keen to point out that we do not operate "anything goes" race meetings - we work hard to put on good, enjoyable racing.

I hope my reply has not put you off attending, I wont be there this weekend but I do hope to see you there at future meetings.
Old 22-01-2010

With regards to Sunday 24th.
When will a decision be made if the meeting will be running (weather permitting) ?
Old 22-01-2010
Mad Member

I would say that any decision regarding the racing will be taken on Saturday afternoon. All details will be posted on www.srcc.co.uk initially and on here.
Old 22-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgie View Post
I get the impression you think it's some sort of free for all Matt, and it certainly is not that.

The meeting is run as you would expect any meeting to be run, so we put all the buggies together split between 2wd and 4wd and we run all on-road classes together in their own heats, subject to numbers in attendance. If there are not enough numbers to run one car in their own class then that class will be merged with another, so you get mardaves running with recoils for example.

We even run proper lap timing equipment with handout transponders or your own pt.

We dont restrict motors/tyres/cells in the cars but we do insist that all lipos used are ideally on the brca sanctioned list, or are at least hardcased and correctly charged. We do insist that all 12v batteries are in leak proof containers.

We suggest a motor limit of 6.5 brushless, but if you can get your car safely around the track with a 4.5 in it, without causing damage to other cars/people then go for it - but if the race director on the day thinks a car or driving is unsafe then that will be pointed out to the driver and if nothing is done to improve the situation then they will be asked to leave.

I don't want to appear draconian in my reply, but I am very keen to point out that we do not operate "anything goes" race meetings - we work hard to put on good, enjoyable racing.

I hope my reply has not put you off attending, I wont be there this weekend but I do hope to see you there at future meetings.
Has no put me off in the slightest, in fact i was a bit worried when i found out about the no limits rules as i do like me some order.
Like i said previously i have been restricted to 27t brushed so Im used to having very specific rules to follow and I do like it that way, gives everyone an even chance (especially when i was starting out) also if your car is not as competative it prevents you from holding others up. My previous club may have been a little too competative with any fowl play resulting in a nights ban and people getting very not-so-happy when they didnt win, so i am looking forward to a slightly more relaxed atmoshpere, if not well nothing wrong with some serious competition.
Also I do like to know how Im progressing so having a transponder there every week makes me very happy.

I am very much looking forward to this weekend. See you around.

Matt